Forums / Serbia
Order: Newest / Oldest
Slovenia V Serbia, Oct 11
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Stupid goal to let in. I thought Serbia would go through seeing as they only needed a point and slovenia had nothing to play for
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
They needed a win...
2 years ago
I'm pretty sure if serbia scored and tied 1-1 they would have finished 2nd above estonia because of goal difference. Only a 0-0 draw or a loss (as in this case) was not enough
Pissface (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure serbia needed a win, because in case of equal points, head to head counts. And estonia won serbia in belgrade 3:1, and in tallin was 1:1

But who care for details, right?
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Pissface, you're right on both accounts, it simply doesn't matter anymore, the serbs are out and that's that
2 years ago
Oh okay, I thought goal difference counted before head to head but yeah as you said, doesn't really matter now lol
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 2 years ago
I think Serbian players have every right to blame this elimination on their fans; if Serbia could play that Italy game (oh, should I say if their fans kindly allowed them to do so? ) maybe they could make at least a draw and now would have secured a place in the playoffs
2 years ago
I was actually just going to say that. Personally I still think italy would have won that fixture but football is unpredictable and even a point would have done them good, the fans ruined what could have been a good game. If I was a serbian player I would be very disappointed with the way the fans behaved, not just with the riot in italy but even just last week fans were jeering the italian national anthem. Serbia could have and should have done better to qualify but it's not far off to say the fans were partly responsible
Riajz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't even think they are truely serbian fans who are doing all the revolt, it goes beyond football, more like politics I would say
2 years ago
Yes I agree, although politics still don't have a place in football either
2 years ago
Hard luck to serbia, so close and let it slip through their fingers
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Tough luck on Serbia. They have a really good team on paper.... But on the field.... It's really a different story
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Much like England in that respect.  
Yep
Serbia is a disgrace. I am embarassed. What idiot thought it wud be a good idea to let vidic take the pk? Fishy...
Pito316 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Too bad for Serbia. I'm just glad vidic IS BACK!
Balgam (Fenerbahce SK) 2 years ago
Biggest disappointment of the night. I didn't expect this. I believe it's a loss for the tournament, but a gain for Estonia. I'm actually glad that Estonia has this chance.
Btw, really terrible mistake by the goalie
Stivi (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Terrible, that's the Serbian football atm.... Vidic to take PK, that tells you how good our forwards are. That was one lucky Goal but in saying that we still needed a win. I think whoever gets Estonia in playoffs will be very very lucky
Komeni (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That guy Vrsic looks very promising
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
One free kick and he's promising? That shouldn't even have been a goal, don't know what the goalkeeper was doing
Naszrick (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Kolarov should have taken the pk
NikoStyle (Napoli) 2 years ago
Estonia are through ! It will be a few years (I am guessing) of "what went wrong? " for Serbia...
Cevapi (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Wow Slovenia lucky as hell with that free kick, and we miss a PK. Shame, true shame
Zarafootball (FK Velež Mostar) 2 years ago
Serbia lost the qualification in Genoa
Bobinho (KFC Uerdingen 05) 2 years ago
Vidic, seriously? f*****g ridiculous
Dacjazzy07 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think slovenia is going to be the dark horse of this euro 2012  
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
Slovenia didn't qualify

Kick4Life - changing lives through football