Forums /
Order: Newest / Oldest
I Don't Like Football...
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
..I love it!
Got ya, After this week of European football I felt a need to post. As a neutral observer to all this weeks games it makes you glad to be a football supporter the matches this week had more drama than a whole season of 24.

The Chelsea Liverpool game had me on an emotional roller coaster ride that was surprising as I have no affinity to either of these teams and has to be up there as one of the best (possibly not from a defensive point of view) games I've witnessed.

So I've thrown together a quick list of games in no particular order that rival this weeks footy:

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 (1996)
Southampton 6 Manchester United 3 (1996)
Germany 1 England 5 (2001)
Scotland 0 England 2 (1996)
Manchester United 2 Bayern Munich 1 (1999)

1996 was clearly a good year didn't even mention the 4-1 win over Holland.

So whats the best games you have seen?
Solzu (Nottingham Forest) 5 years ago
England 1 - Australia 3 (2003)
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Oh Thank god    I was like " He don't Like Footy? Why Sign up? "
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Exactly I was about to get my abuse mode on
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lol haha
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Haha!
Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Bolton 2 arsenal 3
For a weird reason I simply loved that match
2-0 down at half time diaby sent off and it was raining....
F-t 2-3.... What a match....
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I agree! It was super
Affainyi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Never watched it. Which season?
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Northern Ireland 1 - 0 England 2005

Northern Ireland 3 - 2 Spain 2006

Northern Ireland 2 - 1 Sweden 2007
RedYankeeDevil (Manchester United) 5 years ago
France 1 - Brazil 0 World Cup 2006.

Zidane's skill and envolement proved too much for the talented Brazil side. Best display from a midfield maestro I have ever seen. All his touches were immense and his sublime movement left Kaka and Ze Roberto in the wake
Affainyi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Seconded. Fantastic game and an excellent showing from zidane
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Turkey 3 - 2 Czech Republic; Turkey - Croatia, Turkey take it in penalty shootout after scoring the magical tieing goal in the 126th minute (around there). No, I'm not Turkish. One of the Milan Derbies where Inter held off Milan from an amazing comeback.... That happened a couple of years ago
Sbisht (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Turkey-crotia and then germany-turkey in euro 2008  
Tevez32 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Liverpool 4 vs Arsenal 4, Arsenal 4 vs Tottenham 4, Man utd 3 vs Aston villa 2 and Man utd 5 vs Tottenham 2
Sbisht (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Portsmouth 2 - 3 liverpool
Destroyrays (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Not for the quality of the game but....    Australia 3 - England 0    Friendly.
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Greece vs Portugal 1-0 by far the most defining moment of my life
Brucekay (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
Yep, that was a thrilling display.    I also liked Australia beating Ireland in Ireland 3-0 just last week
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
1999- you. S. Women's National Team defeats China 5-4 in a penalty shootout to win the World Cup. This is arguably the most influential football game in you. S history
Stverocha (Benfica Lisbon) 5 years ago
Greece 1 vs Portugal 0 was the theft of the early 21st century.... You thought Chelsea vs Barcelona leg 1 was anti-football...
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
2006 France-Brazil.... Zidane was in another zone and it was beautiful! I also think the recent 2009 Final in Roma with Barca and Man UTD was brilliant if you like ball control, patience, priemere passing and creativity.... And I do!

But I have to admit that Chelesea- Pool match was unbeliveable too! I think this is a question of how we all see the game and what turns each of us on. I love the game first and then my team (Viola) second.... And I think most of us are that way. Except for some Man UTD fans.... Lol...
TheReggular (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Liverpool vs. Arsenal, '07/'08 Champions League Quarterfinal, second leg. Scintillating
Brucekay (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
I think the best was the Liverpool comeback from 3-0 down against AC Milan in the Champions League final at Galatasaray. It had so much drama

Kick4Life - changing lives through football