Forums / Scunthorpe United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Scunthorpe United V Manchester United, Sep 22
Costix (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah. Love to see Michael scoring
Matty13 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Heavy weights vrs light weights well done owen its good to see the grandparents of the soccer world showing the kids how to get it done your awsome
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
All of these Carling Cup games have been so exciting! This had end-to-end football, good goalkeeping and a streaker, lol
Scunthorpe really took it to Man UTD and were unlucky not to have more goals...
Sharpoon (Hull City) 3 years ago
Great game of football, it looked amazing in the Scunny end when they went one nil up. The right winners in the end really but still gripping stuff
Slick1990 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Was this really United reserve squad?
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
No
RedDevilsArmy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They sure as hell weren't the first team.
Kuszczak, no. Rafael, no. Smalling, no. Gibson, no. Beb, no. Obertan, no.
Even this was the first proper game of the season for majority of the senior players. Namely, brown, owen, hernandez, ferdinand, anderson.
Give credit to Scunthorpe, the scoreline didn't reflect their performance. But you have to give credit to United too
Htut80 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It was the reserve squad, if you want to call it that. Ferdinand was the only one who plays in all the big games (when he`s fit) Park and Anderson play quite a bit, but aren`t definite starters. United's best XI is IMO: Van der sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney
Slick1990 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Lol people I know they the reserve I was just watchin the score line an the proformance, and I think some of them deserve to be in the starting line up!
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
After watching this match I know why ManU goal keeps 40 year old Saar. Kuszczak has a strange obsession. Kuszczak can not catch a shot. Two of the reflected ball almost fell to his goal. Another mistake how committed is a reflection of the ball straight ahead, not sideways. This teaches the children, he should do it automatically
I agree. I don't understand why so many of my fellow United fans feel that he played so well. I thought he was a bit shaky; didn't look confident
Esso02 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He played well cos he made so many saves. Yes, he wasn't as convincing as VDS but that kind of solidness comes with the experience edwin has.... Something tomas cannot dream of having right now. Imagine if every shot he blocked went into the net; we would've been singing a different tune now. Give credit where it is due. Had it not been for kuszczak, we would've been Liverpool #2 cos scunthorpe would have outscored us
Percy (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Sir Feggy wasn't there too!
ManUTDYoung (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Kid
Marcloo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Some excellent finishes there. Great to see Owen score a brace and what a run he made for his 1st goal. Gibson's goal reminded me of Scholes, hope he can become as good as him (he's got the thundebolts already). This game was entertaining 'cause scunthorpe threw everything at ManU. If they had chosen to keep it tight that it would have probably ended up with a boring 1-0 victory to ManU but credit to Scunthorpe for their performance
Esrafily (Esteghlal) 3 years ago
I can't watch it 'cause of dailymotion
ManUTDYoung (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Try my space its better for me though might work
[account-removed] 3 years ago
My space video quality is very poor
Aijnuj (Liverpool) 3 years ago
For me, myspace's video quality is better than dailymotion's
Arian18 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Fantastic game
RedDevilsArmy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Park isn't getting the attention he deserves. He's no ronaldo, he's no nani. He may not be fanciful but he showed what he can contribute. Created 2, scored 1. Works real hard. I think he can fill in valencia's shoes given more games. It will be tough though, given the quality of valencia's cross
Valencia is a better crosser of the ball and is physically much stronger and harder to push off the ball, but Park is more willing to take on defenders and gets more often in the penalty area; also has a much better left foot than Valencia. Park is a different type of winger than Valencia IMO but should do fine
KeNnii (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Park is so underrated, when he's on the right, he can cross! He isn't so bad on the left either and he's also good in the centre role, another versatile player for our squad
Nicolnj (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Park is too nice of a man, he's very good player, but probably doesn't intimidate defenders like the other wingers. He needs to be more mean to opposing defenders
Tmfindal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Great game to united, started off bad then it took a goal to wake up and answer back. Great goal by gibson, just a good example of class and composure. Not going to lie though, scu. You. Played really well and just couldn't do better than the united keeper, who played amazing
Ronnie19 (Everton) 3 years ago
Kuszczak did well
Mark99 (Sporting Kansas City) 3 years ago
Yes he did great!
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
So many saves for Kuszack to make in the game. Solid performance from Tomas. Scunthorpe played really well in the game and looked more dangerous through out the game.
But they didn't take there chances and wasted them. And I am really happy to see Michael Owen playing and scoring. He should get more chaches in the PL
At the expense of whom?
Esso02 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I love Htut80's reply. Lol
Reds89 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Great win for a young team.... Gibson's goal was savage. Bebe also looks like he cud be a very good player from the small bit I saw

Kick4Life - changing lives through football