Forums / Scunthorpe United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Scunthorpe United V Manchester United, Sep 22
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham are out! And Man Utd conceeding twice and hardly cruising past scunthorpe.... Looks like Arsenal's young guns are the most promising side left!
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Two penalty calls in freakish first 5 minutes of extra time allowed the win for Arsenal.... Granted it was against a more established quality side but that hardly counts as 'promising'.... Had it not been for Keane's effort hitting the post in the last 2 minutes of regular time, the extra time would not have even happened! Having said that, United did well to put away the chances they got, creating the chances they did and showing that they can defend and keep up with real pace (people who saw the game know that the Scunthorpe front-line had some real REAL pace!).... So I think United did really well.... Great game by Scunthorpe but United deserved to win (although Scunthorpe didn't deserve the scoreline....)
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Kiran is absolutely right, you guys had your full strength team out pretty much
Well if the linesman had decided to maybe concentrate a little more when Keane "beat" the offside trap, we wouldn't be talking about the effort that hit the post anyway.... Arsenal defeated Tottenham with conviction and style, nuff said I think, although it was a really interesting game for long periods.

However, I do completely agree with you on your comments about the Man UTD - Scunty game. And United having won the previous two cups are definitely favorites but as things look right now - especially as both United and Arsenal play their reserve and youth players in the league cup - I have to argue that Arsenal have the more exhilarating and promising side.... With most of the big players out already (chelsea, liverpool, tottenham and Man city)can you blame me for suggesting that perhaps its time the young guns of Arsenal had this trophy in the bag at last....

I look forward to what you have to say, but I guess the only way to settle this would be for Arsenal to draw Man UTD next game!
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The funny thing is Arsenal used their starting 11 lol
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
All you need to remember is that arsenal play nice football and don't win cups
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Great game by scunthorpe, theres no way they deserved to go down by so many goals, they gave utd one hell of a game, and had by far and away the more chances on goal, and utd were lucky that a lot of their shots went straight at kuszack, or it could have been a lot different.
But you can only beat whats in front of you, and the quality of utd when they did get a chance paid off bigstyle, nearly every shot utd hit went into the net, so it justs goes to show we didn't have that many chances
Ramswa (Leeds United) 4 years ago
Look at all those shots on target for Scunny and saves by Kuz. Game could have been 5-5 if his punches hadn't spun every ball right out of the goal!
ROonaldoO (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Did bebe play?
Owenwillscore42 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes, he only had two touches though. With his first he won a corner with a powerful shot and with his second he took a huge touch while dribbling and gave it to the goalkeeper
Sammeh (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Park was Man of the Match for me, that run, assist and goal, fantastic job. Michael Owen can still finish like a true striker, I really hope to see more of him. Good job overall by United, and it's great to see City, Liverpool and Chelsea lose too
LVPOOL4LIFE (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah Kuszczak was man of the match...
Champi0n (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Kuszczak
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
What's with United conceding goals in injury time lately? I thought we were the ones that usually score in injury time, not the other way.... Lol
Reddevil91 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Michael Owen is a red,  Is a red,  Is a red,  Michael Owen is a red,  He hates scousers
13 shots by Scunthorpe.... 13 saves by Kuszczak...
Kuszczak was on fire this game, both goals were really not even his fault
Champi0n (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Looked like a thrilling game to watch with 7 goals.... Man I don't know why I felt from the high lights that Scunthrope United strikers aim the ball AT Kuszcuzak when they are striking from distance not away from him.... Kinda funny! So many punches from Kuszczak his knuckles must be killin' him after the game!
It's called really good positioning and Kuz had it this game
Larli (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Great come back by united to win 5-2 they deserved it
PobsRaW (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
That first goal was amazing and I'm glad to see Owens coming back to the score sheet
Judas (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Naked GUY is MAN OF THE match. LMAO
TheN4Sr (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
HAHAHA
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Hahaha!
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Great goals, especially by wright and smallings. Macheda was unlucky not to score in this match, in my opinion. 5 is a great number on the road. I can't wait to see what we do to bolton later this week!
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Man UTD looked great, sweet goal by gibson  
Very proud of our youth to go to Scunt and win decisively. I was kind of worried when they scored first but that didn't matter for long Naked dude was maad funny

Kick4Life - changing lives through football