Forums / Sampdoria
Order: Newest / Oldest
Werder Bremen V Sampdoria, Aug 18
Teutonicbayern (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Nice job Werder Bremen, I just wish you hadn't given them a goal
Barozi (1. FSV Mainz 05) 3 years ago
Very entertaining game.  The goal in the end was a bit unlucky, but not undeserved.
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I watched this game live on skysports, a very good game, which started off very cagey and boring, but sampdoria went close in the first half, but bremen didn't miss ozil one bit, and went on to win with ease, although they will be kicking themselves for giving away a silly goal late on, giving the italians a lifeline
Atouqan (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
I agree, I also thought Sampdoria created chances in the first half. It looked like it go either way at the first half. I think Bremen will not have a problem in the second leg
Sam (Juventus) 3 years ago
Poor showing by Sampdoria and even worse for Italian football. Pazzini is the only player who showed up for Sampdoria and if he leaves, Sampdoria will start the downward spiral toward Serie be.

I'm ashamed to say it, but a new age is here and the Bundesliga has now surpassed Serie A
Afroman (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Yes Serie A football is not the force it once was but hopefully something in Italy will change. Although I watch the Premier League the most I find the Italian Serie still has the quality and is a joy to watch
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Wasn't that clear a long time ago even Sam? I mean, now even the young Serie A stars prefer playing in Germany: Kjaer moving to Wolfsburg, who don't even play european football, Diego probably going to Werder again....

Ever since the calciopoli scandal, Italian football seemed doomed.
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 3 years ago
The catch here though, is that the best team in Europe last year was Italian and handily beat Bayern, the German champions. Inter is virtually unchanged from last year other than that certain manager being replaced by the greasy fat waiter from the Merseyside.... So I wonder how that will affect things going forward
I think bayern are going through a process with van gaal and I think just like the bundesliga they are growing in strength, I believe in a rematch bayern would hurt inter
Barozi (1. FSV Mainz 05) 3 years ago
@DEFENDtheBRIDGE    What has last years Inter team to do with Italian football?
@Barozi    Hahaha I forgot about that
Atouqan (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
If german teams keep beating italian teams, the fourth champions league spot will be coming to Bundesliga
@Barozi

People are lamenting the downfall of Italian football and I just simply pointed out that the best team in Europe last season was Inter, from Italy and they happened to beat a German team in the final. Just goes to show that while Italian football on the whole may be declining, the top teams in the country can still compete with the best
Can't be italian without any italians, I mean come on bayern is more italian then inter. (diego contento)
I suppose that's true especially now that Balotelli is gone!    Internazionale just take their name to heart I guess!
Afroman (AS Roma) 3 years ago
At least Pazzini got that crucial away goal. Now Werder Bremen have to go to Genoa and will certainly not have it easy. Sampdoria still has a chance and honestly I think they will be the one to advance. Hopefully Pazzini and Cassano will show the German club why they were the deadliest duo in the Serie A last season
Maxwell (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Great attacking play from werder bremen some good goals from both teams, lets see if the away goal comes into play for the next leg
ForzaGesu (Sampdoria) 3 years ago
Where are all the people criticising the dive on the penalty? Oh I forgot, its not an Italian team so its not a dive. Samp were unlucky with Pazzini's post, but Bremen played well even without Oezil and probably deserved to win. Fantonio.... Dove sei?
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Good play by Bremen the second half was really good, sadly they always manage to somehow sqeeze in an unnecessary goal against lol.

Fritz's goal was so nice couldn't believe it at first hehe.

Docdre99 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Great goal of fritz ! I vote for him !

Werder played well but was lucky ! Samp played well too ! Pazzini good finish !

Good BACK GAME in prevision !
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I would rate sampdoria as average, they really didn't play so well, Bremen dominated the whole game, even if the first half was boring as hell
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Can't believe I stopped watching it after the beginning.... Because hell, it did seem boring. Guess i've learned my lesson anyway, werder are looking tough, I don't think that sampadoria will be able to cause them any harm in the second game.... Italian football is dying and it's an agonizing death at that
[account-removed] 3 years ago
True the first half was boring...
Toudi69 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Good goal by pazzini
AlphaPlus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Feel so proud that young players I had in my Football Manager team since long~ ago are now so renown and awesome~! Especially Mertesacker!
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Werder's last goal was exceptional. I'm still believing in Sampa, but Werder have proved themselves as extremely fierce contenders in Europe
0Kaiser07 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I concur both are good teams
Larli (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well ah bremen me ah back still great football by the players the second leg should be great, excellent goal by Fritz
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Highlights are so deceiving, I advocate eradicating the match opinion pie chart, not only is it misleading but misused (although not in this case). Werder Bremen played very well and looked very good on the ball, Sampdoria didn't impress, although they created some good chances. Werder Bremen you have my vote of confidence for the next leg, but please give Marin more minutes. I concede it will be difficult, the frontal trio of Hunt, Pizarro and Almeida are dangerous, spirited and work very well together
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Iam agree
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Without the pie chart how am I going to continually vote Arsenal's results as rubbish?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football