Great game for the neutral!
RedWhiteBlack (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Can't believe a Liverpool fan commented first
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Victory for the season
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 1 year ago
First comment is a trophy
Slasic (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Exciting game, wish there were more goals. The next game will be very interesting...
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 1 year ago
Could have finished 6-5 or more!
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I hope there will be no draw in the second leg, we either win or lose that's how it should be
PaulieMANutd (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I hope you lose too
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I wasn't hoping for you to win.... So I think you should remove that "too"
Rajmahal 1 year ago
Edit
Rajmahal 1 year ago
Credit to Man Utd for parking the bus in 2nd half and shutting down Madrid
Chafcouf93 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Parking the bus? We had the 2 best clear cut chances in this half
@Rajmahal Right on the money.

@Chafcouf93, we did park the bus though in all honesty (that was the point). We got the job done, at least the minimum!
Just bided our time so we could counter-attack/ get dead ball situations to create those chances!
Having a good defence and parking the bus are 2 different things
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 1 year ago
United did park the bus tbf but it was intentional. They played decent counterattacking football and had the best chances 2nd half
@pranav that's not called parking the bus.

Parking the bus is more like what inter did on barcelona, sit back and play for a draw and it is much much more defensive. United frustrated madrid but not by parking the bus, we could have and should have scored on many occasions
PaulieMANutd (Manchester United) 1 year ago
We had at least three clear cut chances in the second half! If anything we played much better in the second half rather than first! Did you watch the game?!

Your team won this tournament by parking the bus, how you still don't know what it exactly means is beyond me!
@Chafcouf93 hmmm.... I understand where you're coming from but:

"To Park the bus in association football refers to a defensive style of play whereby a team attempt to restrict the opposition by playing many players behind the ball with limited or no attacking play"

We did the former, and Limited attacking play, I think we satisfied that condition too. You can't define it by 'extreme' precedents like the game you're referring too, parking the bus can be used loosely. And remember it's not a pejorative term in this case, we intended to do it
From Mourinho himself:

Played very deep, centre backs didn't put one foot in the opposition half, waiting to counter-attack and for dead balls
Spainrule (Valencia) 1 year ago
Man United parked the bus big time man, there's no denying it.
There's no shame in that though, once they got their goal that was all they needed. They parked the bus out of strategy, not being out-played or anything. Watch Madrid on the counter in Old Trafford though, they're the best at it
Rajmahal 1 year ago
Relax guys I'm praising you. United had more chances because Madrid couldn't get past the bus
Topshotta (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Bus parking bothers me, but not that much while playing on the road. Especially at somewhere like the Bernabeu. Now, when teams park the bus at home, that's where I have a major problem. Kinda like the way Chelsea parked the bus against Barca last year AT Stamford Bridge in front of their crowd, scoring on their only shot on goal. I can't see United putting up such a pathetic display at Old Trafford. If they line up 10 across the 18 in the second leg then we can all have fun with the jokes
Kayslay (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I wouldn't call it parking the bus, the strategy was to sit back and let Madrid come at us then catch them on the break. The game had opportunities for United but in most instances Carrick and Jones were content to either pass the ball back rather than advance it.

THe referee made some key bad decisions esp with Evra through on goal and Varane fouling him. Either way we didn't get trampled on as all wanted, it must hurt bad
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
What a game for Welbeck to step up! Both goals were brilliant headers. It was a very intense game. Both sides had great chances. The ref had rele gifted Madrid with most of the chances. But it was a game that could have gone either way. I was hoping United would have had a better game in possession, but they were sloppy with possession in the 2nd half. It's still very open but I know the boys in red can pull off victory at Old Trafford
DaddyFatSacks (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I question whether they were sloppy in possessing during the second half, or whether they allowed Madrid possession and sat back on defence. As a Madridista, I feel as though my team relies too much on the counter attack and doesn't know what to do with possession. Imagine the opposite of Barcelona
True we sat back in the second half, and I thought there equal opportunity to attack for United but Fergie was cautious about that. He didn't want to conceed more than two.
Had we gone all out we would've had a larger scoring draw I believe, maybe 4-4. Makes for an entertaining second leg and all eyes will be on OT
Teodini (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Wow what a thrashing United got. Ripped united apart I tell you.
The hater fans who said those words please come out and talk to me.
Don't be a vagina now
Prawntheman (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Wuss
@Teodini you won't find the maggots on here today, maybe the flys but the maggots you won't find. Its too much for them to bare
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Uh oh there is a team that is in Real danger now
I see what you did there...
Someone (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I wonder if this ref is spanish?
Danny88 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
He was german actually. Still mad about a couple of wars way back when
Lol
SevenQuanta (Barcelona) 1 year ago
The second half was boring, really boring, mainly because All of Man U's players just sat back in defence. If I didn't know better, I would've thought Rooney was a fullback. The only Man UTD player who looked like he wanted the win was De Gea, he was fantastic. Shame Madrid didn't score more, they deserved it, coming from a neutral
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Lol.... Some people shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion. Did you even watch the game or just read retarded match reviews?
Reddevilz306 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I know was so boring yea carrick din't pass it back to ferdinand and then back to de gea whatever united did brilliant strategically rvp could have scored knowing by his ability shame the score wasn't 1-2
Prawntheman (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Look who's talking Cheshire101
Give De Gea a bloody medal
Why save with your hands when you can save with your feet? Haha. I want DDG to replace Casillas. This is probably not what you want to hear but take it endearingly
Hell no. You want HiM well.... Hold on lemme get back to you
Dany10 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Great game overall and definitely proud that we controlled the game.
Those of you complaining about this and that stfu! You know it was a fair game and the ref was right on it.
Will not be the same at Old Trafford that's for sure. Can't wait to see what strategies both (genius) coaches come up with.
Hala Madrid!
I agree, but the 10 seconds + corner denied are inexcusable really.  Not that I, personally, am up in arms or anything.
No Real Madrid players were given a card, even if Pepe was there, RVP's yellow was totally uncalled for and Sergio Ramos is a dirty player to hit Evans like that. What's worse? The bloody ref decided to save RM's asses from one of our most deadliest point grabbers at the end - the corners.

This is incredibly suspicious - the ref was definitely biased towards us. Let's show them the real United in OT!

Ggmu!
^ Lol this is a United video, why are you telling him to f**k off? I hate to pick on a whole team because of one moron but Liverpool is not even in the same league - the Champions League. So why don't you kindly f**k off to your ABU bandwagon
I'm shocked that no Real's got yellows, and good thing RVP didn't play too aggressively after his first yellow, we could've had another Barca incident
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I didn't understand why he ended the match with 10 seconds while united has a corner but some of you are begining to act as if that corner kick was a clear goal scoring opportunity or something...
Dustdevils (Manchester United) 1 year ago
If a corner kick isn't a goal scoring opportunity, then why bother having corners in football? If theres a chance, i'll gladly take it
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 1 year ago
@ DaGaza
Even pk is not a clear goalscoring opportunity (nothing is 'clear'), but a chance IS a chance.... Ref clearly scared MU's gonna' score at last minute with the corner haha.... F**in bias
That's all you got Liverpool fan?
7ReDDeViL7 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Can't even beat WBA at home and still talking lol
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Wanted more goals! The return leg perhaps?
Footymasta (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Ramos set some bad examples as captain you just don't do that...
Pathetic dive. And the ref had the nerve to book RvP. Makes it so much worse that he let off Varane without a booking later on
Ramos may have overreacted but RVP clearly looked back at ramos as he lifted his hand towards Ramos' face. As far as the Varane-Evra situation.... Well.... Good game United!
I personally thought Varane's tackle was worthy of a yellow, but not a sending off. Definitely a free-kick at the very least.
The referee had a mare, and I would have said that he was 50/50 were it not for the inexplicable ending of the game way too early
You didn't explain your last point?
Danny88 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Ref was bad

Kick4Life - changing lives through football