Forums / Real Madrid
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid Chat
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 22 hours ago
So Isco is banned for 2 games. Considering that's the first time he's done something like that (or did he do it before?), I say that's a fair punishment. I was just surprised to see him do that in the first place
Pejvl 21 hours ago
I was surprised as well, never expected something like that from him. I think he apologized right after the game and said tha t the frustration got to him and he acted out of order. He deserves the ban and I hope he will learn from this and not repeat the same mistake
Andres201 (Barcelona) 14 hours ago
I thought it was carvajal at first to be honest...
Thecount9010 (Real Madrid) 11 hours ago
Indeed, it was surprising from Isco. I don't think he was going for the ball either, I think the "kick" was deliberate. My speculation is Isco intended to attack Neymar, and you can only imagine why
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 33 minutes ago
Obviously he intended to attack Neymar because he did attack him. And no I can't imagine why. Isco is not that type of person. He didn't even start the game so I don't know why he was so frustrated
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 6 minutes ago
^ you answered your own question.... He didn't start the game

He has been frustrated for both bale and james automatically being picked ahead of him no matter how well he plays. Since Carlo was in charge
RealFan (Real Madrid) Yesterday
It amazes me how some managers get the best out of players, while others make them look like amatures. Kroos is a perfect example
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 14 hours ago
You're such a kroos fanboy. Under Carlo Kroos began to look suspect even more now under Rafa but Kroos was waning for some time now
Thecount9010 (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Post game statements from our players,

Nacho: "I'm happy to play and to win, I try to adapt in all positions. In the last fifteen minutes we have gone back and We have to learn from mistakes. Last Saturday we didn't lack the attitude, we had mistakes and it wasn't our day. "

Isco: "We have played a very good match but the the final minutes we should have concentrated more, It's a game to learn from. Saturday was painful, but we have the soul to go forward, What counts is the end of the season. Being on bench on Saturday? What hurt me was the result, not the fact of starting the game on the bench. "

Casemiro: "We have made incredible 75 minutes and but the final of the game was full of mistakes & complicated. What matter now is to rest because we have a difficult league match and we need to concentrate. Being a sub? I respect orders of the mister, who is Benitez. We are with him, with President, with the fans, We must be united. "

Carvajal: "The result made us relaxed at the end which is wrong, but the important thing is that we won and we are first in the group. It's annoying to be accused of lacking of attitude, We always gave everything, We are in November we can go for every thing. "
Pedmar (Real Madrid) Yesterday
What did you gather from what was said?
Thecount9010 (Real Madrid) Yesterday
I think our players want to focus on the positive side, "we won the match, we are on top of the group". I think they would appreciate it if we stand by them, and support them. Bale had two assists today. Ronaldo had two assists and scored two goals. Modric is always great. Kovacic and Casemiro played excellent. Carvajal scored a nice goal. And I expect James to start this weekend. We will be okay.... Very disappointed nonetheless
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Can we seriously blame Rafa for any of what we saw today after going up 4-0?

We saw these guys take command and ran out 4-0, then we saw subs made due to injury and rotation and those who came on just go to s**t. These guys can play when they want, we asked many? S after the Clasico but after seeing today's almost implosion how much is Rafa at fault and exactly how much of this should we be putting squarely on particular players' shoulders.

Some here know exactly who I hold mostly to blame
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Would Bale stop Shakhtar from scoring 3? It was a lack of concentration and panic, from very experienced players in truth. There was no leader on the pitch to calm things down, and Rafa can't do that from the bench
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Who said Bale? I didn't.      
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
And out of nowhere.... What was the best defensive side in Europe has 10 goals conceded in 3 games...
Pejvl 1 day ago
This match pissed me off more than Clasico. Terrible, just terrible. The only positive for me was a great Ronaldo-Bale partnership.

And I never tough I would say this, but.... I would prefer Arbeloa to play over Danilo
LMAO.... Now lets not say things we can't take back Pejvl LOOL
Pejvl 1 day ago
I'm actually serious lol. He's slow as hell, but at least Arbeloa knows hot to pass the ball. Danilo is fast but every attacker keeps spinning him around, and I'm yet to see him NOT ruin our attack with a horrid pass

For me he needs to work on not getting beaten by attackers.... Both with their ball on their feet (dribbles) and with one two passes.... Cause one two passes and danillo is lost.... He can be both good and bad in the same match.... Carvajal is easily better.... In fact, for me carvajal is one of the best right backs in Europe.... But Danillo is certainly one who can massively improve.
Pejvl 1 day ago
Varane injured, our only true defender out.    Still the same tip of play we've seen this month, very few chances created.
Pejvl 1 day ago
Starting XI:

Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Nacho,
Modric, Casemiro, Kovacic,
Isco, Ronaldo, Bale

And Kovacic appears again lol. Ronaldo again being put as a striker, Isco on the wing, sight....
Malik (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Well Rafa sure have something against James, IMO he is been your best player this season along with navas & casemiro
Pejvl 2 days ago
Barca were struggling till recently while we were not exactly moving mountains but we were very stable. Now Barca is in the best possible form and we are in the worst possible. Really bad timing for the Clasico.

P. S. What the hell happened to Kovacic? He started amazingly and now he hasn't gotten playing time for at least 7, 8 matches. He's been sitting on the bench forever now, I didn't even seen him warm up
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
That's what happens when you overload a squad with first teamers and expect they will accept bench time
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Injuries hit him too. Read somewhere that the physios hurt him, lol.

RealFan (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Anyone else kinda sick of Bale? I was a huge Bale supporter when he first joined the club, but now that I think about it he's actually caused a lot of s**t in this club. First of all, he hasn't won s**t before coming to Madrid. He had one (half) great season and boom he's worth 100m. The money doesn't bother me because it didn't come from my pocket, but the amount of negative attention he's brought to the club is getting ridiculous. After treating Ronaldo the way he's suppose to, he got cocky and started playing selfish. Last season he played on the right and practically played for himself. Didn't track back (I don't blame him) was isolated in most games, and when he got the ball he had his head down and ran like a headless chicken. He got the odd goal or assist here and there but that's expected of a man who cost 100m.

Now he's playing as a CAM and as a result has forced James on the wing and Isco on the bench (when everyone's fit) not only has he disrupted James, but he's also, in a way, caused a hole in the midfield. James, he was played through the middle, came back and helped out the mids but Bale couldn't be bothered.

He's a huge talent, but in no way shape or form is he good enough to build the team around. This whole 'Bale or Ronaldo' bullshit that I've been hearing is ridiculous. If it actually comes to that then bye bye Bale, because Ronaldo has done more in one season than Bale has in his entire career.

I honestly wouldn't mind cashing in on him and buying a world class striker
Think that would be a very wise decision for Madrid. The issue is it makes 0 sense just selling a guy to please the remaining team if that same team doesn't have a coach(they believe in), style, dynamic, IDEA of how it should play going forward. Bale is a great talent as he shows for Wales. The issue here is that no matter who the faq you are if the coach has a set idea of how to play then because you cost the club $xxxx you should do whatever to be the best for the club. Bale has the worst advisors in history, there are sooo many currently playing LF wingers on the right who play for huge clubs and are excelling and terrorizing opp teams. I think Bale's issue is his blasted agent
St1or (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Bale was apparently promised that the team would be built around him eventually. I don't know what that means for Ronaldo.

This season is going to be a season of big changes for Madrid.... Especially in the summer window if Madrid go on trophyless again.

And I'd much rather build a team around James than Bale. Maybe incorporate Bale into James' team.... Because he is a very talented player. He's just more of a BPL player than a La Liga player
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Basically what st1or said....

I don't have a problem with bale.... Think he is one of our players I like most.... And I like all of them.... But I do have a problem with his football.... Its not suited for la liga.... The first season he impressed me so much because of how well he adapted.... But after our success, he all of a sudden changed.... There is no chemistry between him and the rest of the team and its clear to see that his style is built for the EPL....

Ronaldo is not getting any younger but right now i'd sell bale and keep CR as well.... CR at least can adapt to different positions and if anything you can always stick CR as a CF.... It might take him a while to get comfortable with it as we have seen this season but wit good team chemistry and better understanding between our forwards, Cr would soon easily find the space and the right positions to place himself to make the most of the CF position.

Think of the wingers we have.... Unless we play james on the wing (which is out of position) we have no creative wingers.... Jese, ronaldo, bale, cheryshev.... None.... Vasquez seems to be more creative than the rest of them and he just came up from the youth team. If we were to offer chelsea bale and replace him with hazard, i'd welcome it with open arms.... Definitely the type of winger we need to help james in creating goal scoring chances for himself and others.... Though I see chelsea and mourinho committing suicide before allowing Hazard to make a move to Madrid, it doesn't hurt one to dream lol.
Mongol99 (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
I think bale's ball control is horrible and that's why he is not suited for la liga
Thecount9010 (Real Madrid) 2 days ago

Bale is a great athlete, look at his Wales record, Bale is a super athlete whether you like it or not. I don't know about you, but it feels like you are picking on the wrong person here. Bale hasnt done anything wrong. He was a good player in England and he is the same good player here in Spain. He is nothing like the "trouble maker" you are making him to be, this attitude from you is completely out of wack. It is ridiculous to say Bale "caused a lot of s**t in this club". What are you talking about exactly? Where is this coming from?
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 days ago

Lol.... Honestly I was thinking thesame

You fail to neglect the fact that Bale was a key reason we won 2 trophies in his first season, something we could not do for ages.

The problems with Real Madrid play system are
1. The fact that no matter the we buy we tend to play them to dance Ronaldo's Rhythm. Bale for example was a huge reason Tottenham finished in decent sports for 3 seasons in a role, because he was a prolific player and the fact he still is shows how far Wales has finally come up in football.... But why is he still struggling in Real Madrid for over 2 seasons?
Have you asked Yourself that question?

2. In Real Madrid transfer windows, for the past 3-4 seasons, we have barely signed players we actually need but rather sell players we are greatly in need of. E. G Di Maria, Higuain.... But we keep arbeloa, buy Danilo for a ridiculous amount when he is barley needed.... We just finally let go of illarramendi and coentrao.... That is why we keep complaining about injuries.

3. There is no fixed position for players, Bale has barely been giving opportunities in the LW were he is most comfortable at, the position he single handedly carried for Tottenham and scored many goals from that position. Rahter we see him playing No. 10 while Isco, Kroos and Modric are on the same pitch?
Ronaldo is being played as a striker, even when we know its his worst position on the pitch. The likes us kroos and modric are often made to over compensate defensively becos we fail to tell ourselves the truth when we know they are not DM's but CM.

4.... The most important reason, how do you go from a Manager who is UCL tactical, a trophy winner, the one that brought us the long awaited trophy.... Not by luck but by beating the 2 other toughest teams in Spain to bring 2 different trophies.... And then jump to a manager who has practically been out of business since Liverpool died. Its beginning to bother me now.
Perez may be good for business, but his decision has gone a long affecting the club performance negatively.

As for Bale, he really is far from Real Madrid's problem, and it makes no sense each time we have a bad perofrmance, he becomes the scape-goat for the media....
Personally, the no. 1 scape goats should be Ramos and Danilo as far as the El Classico was concerned. Why do you play when you are not fit and need surgery and why on earth is danilo playing while Carvajal is avaialble?
Too faqn correct Cjayzz!
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
I just wonder if benitez is actually the right man for the job

Seriously, something is missing in our midfield from the La Decima winning team, Di maria....

Before the game though, I really didn't see real madrid wining the match cnsidering all the injuires, but loosing 0-4 at the bernabeu is more than a disgrace to the club....

I would say injury and fitness played a key role in our loss, but so were barcelona suffering from fitness issue; maybe not as much as we were.

Regardless of all this, we haven't been playing well in our last few games prior to elclassico so it was no magic....

Moe66 (Manchester City) 3 days ago
Sometimes Ramos just blows my mind. He needs surgery, says " f**k that" gets on painkillers and leads his side for the derby. Not to mention his got 130 caps for Spain and his only 29. Wounder if he can reach 150 by the time his done. For an outfield player, its pretty damn impressive, considering he plays for a top Euro side, not some smaller country where he can walk into the team. What a defender!
Pejvl 3 days ago
Ramos is a warrior, no doubt about that. Her played many matches under pain and he won't hesitat to put his head where others wouldn't dare to even put their leg.

But we have lost so soooo many games because of him. In this Clasico he was soly responsible for the first goal. Again, for the millionth time, he decided to run forward and leave a black hole behind him. Not to mention how many times he left us with 10 players because of his hothead.

Honestly, I lost finally lost patient with him around last season, and I would be happy if we would start looking for a future partner for Varane. Ramos has all the skills to be one of the best defenders ever. But he doesn't have the head for it, he simply doesn't understand his role and we suffer because of that constantly
Moe66 (Manchester City) 2 days ago
I don't watch to many games but when I have seen him, his been solid but his way to attack minded to play as a CB
Mongol99 (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Pejvl how dare you to talk about back up for Ramos. He is the best of all time. He will play until 40
CheMaradona 3 days ago
I don't think losing 2 games is that bad to be honest in a season, its those ties that will haunt you in the end
RealFan (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Forget about not winning the last two games (we are used to playing catch up with Barcelona) it's the manner in which we lost is what everyone is worried about. The Madrid players were practically walking from the get go. After the first 3mins I knew this game would not end well.

Maybe it was injures. Benzema, Bale and James hadn't played a football match in months. Marcelo was rushed to play when though he's wasn't even 80%. Ramos was playing with pain killers, he's getting shoulder surgery any day now. Navas just came back from 'muscle fatigue' (no idea how a goal keeper gets muscle fatigue)

Or maybe Benitez had his tactics all wrong. We played Bale as CAM (wtf) Ronaldo as striker (wtf) Danilo started over Carvajal (wtf) we weren't pressing Barcelona in the first 20-25min like we usually do. We kept backing off and allowed Barcelona space (genius) Modric and Kroos were forced to play as CDMs and as a result were in no mans lands.

Benitez wasn't good enough to get Napoli into the Champions League, how in gods green earth did Perez think he was good enough to mange Madrid? Apparently Benitez is the manager until Zidane is ready. My goodness...
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 3 days ago
This is weird cause go a few pages back and you will see Madrid fans praising Benitez and saying he brought solidarity to the back. All of you were happy with him except the past 2 games.

Last year, around this time almost all Cules wanted Lucho out. Except a few of us. Then look how it turned out. Give him at least till the end of the season
Moe66 (Manchester City) 3 days ago
Benitez honestly shot himself in the foot when he lost the El classico. Reiterating what RealFan said, its not about losing, its about the manner which the players lost in. It was a walk in the park for Barca. This is the one of the biggest game of the year of the club, one of the biggest in the entire world. Not the kind of game you wanna lose by a score of 4-0. Leaving out Casemiro, god knows why Danilo even starts over Carvajal.

Madrid means a lot to Benitez, who's a hometown kid and the job is never easy. I do wish the guy the best of luck, hopefully he can turn things around for you guys.
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 3 days ago
Carvajal just came back from an injury. And do you guys not remember a certain special one getting destroyed 5-0? Like I said, he deserves at least till the end of the season
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 3 days ago
"Benitez honestly shoot himself in the foot when he lost the El classico. "

Hahaha Anybody who loses the El Clasico shoots himself in the foot. But you're right, they lost it very badly which is making people angry
CheMaradona 2 days ago
Give him til the end of the season, obviously if he continues this standard of playing against the big teams then by all means I would share your frustrations. But I remember Mourinho played horrible against top teams but btea the "minnows" and earned himself a La Liga cup. Mourinho's team was awful too but he managed to scrape by and get trophies, maybe Benitez can too
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
^ don't think Mourinho's team was awful.... Also don't think we played badly against top teams.... Certainly not in his first two seasons.... In Classico Mourinho's team was physical and many times dirty.... But in matches vs Valencia, Atleti, Villareal, Sevilla, Bilbao we got consistently good results (and I consider a draw to valencia, sevilla and atleti to be good results in the long run)
Pejvl 3 days ago
"Rejoin Real Madrid next season? Why not?
Carlo Ancelotti

He was probably my favorite manager since I started following Madrid. He clearly loved Madrid and wanted to stay till the last minute. He's not going to be our manager next season because that would damage Pereze's ego, since he would be admitting his own mistake. Carlo was perfect for our team, we were constantly evolving under him. His only weakness was his loyalty to some players that clouded his judgment and lack of rotation. But to be fair, last season he really didn't have any real options for rotation
OH my good god! Please please come back King Carlo!
Though, I read somewhere (don't know if it's true) that Carlo is keen on joining an EPL side this summer
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Had we had a fit squad last season, even with FCB firing up, I think we would have won something.... Though fatigue was his own doing, our players suffered a lot of knocks and injuries that practically determined our season....

Anyways, its a case of should've, coulda, woulda.... No sense crying over that now.... But if anyone deserved another year to redeem himself, it was Carlo.... And I'm sure he would have....
Any chance of Mourinho returning?
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 days ago
You wanna go down the Chelsea road?
CheMaradona 3 days ago
Do you remember Mourinhos first Clasico? Seems a bit harsh on Benitez
St1or (Barcelona) 3 days ago
At least under Mou, Madrid had an identity.... Now that identity may have up been violent and thug-life football, but an identity nonetheless
Proof (Real Madrid) 4 days ago
Marca : Rafa Benítez held his cards so close to his chest that he ended up losing the game. He had two weeks to prepare for 'el Clásico' with the bulk of his squad (with the exception of Nacho, Danilo, Cheryshev, James, Pepe, Kovacic and Varane), but the Real Madrid boss dropped absolutely no hints as to who would start the big game against Barcelona.
In fact, from Thursday onwards, when he had a full squad at his disposal, Benítez still tried out numerous starting line-ups. However, the manager went a step further and the squad still did not know who would step out onto the pitch until an hour or so before kick-off on the day of the game. Once the team had gathered at the Santiago Bernabéu, he announced the starting XI to his players.

I bet Danilo, Kroos and Benzema didn't expect to start at all
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 4 days ago
IMO only shows what those who run the club always wins out over what's needed to win games and titles

Kick4Life - changing lives through football