Forums / Real Madrid
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid Chat
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 19 minutes ago
Starting XI:

Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo,
Isco, Kovacic, Kroos,
Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

Really glad to see Kovacic start this game, we'll need his defensive presence to mimic Casemiro. And what does Morata have to do to earn a start?
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) Yesterday
Goddamn, what the hell happened in the Barca-Valencia match? I didn't see the penalty call at the last minute, but that first goal Messi scored was pretty much offside, Suarez was a factor. Also I hear Valencia didn't get a clear penalty in their favor, but I guess that Perez and Franco pulling strings again, now they want to destroy Valencia lol

Anyways, looks like Valencia really screwed this one...
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) Yesterday
Thaparam (Real Madrid) 16 hours ago
Barcelona be 10 men and 1-0 down if the referee wouldn't f.... Ked up by 40th minutes, Laligalona
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Any of you guys play the FUT championship on Fifa 17?
Tried one qualification tournament and lost in the semis. The most irritating thing was that the guy who beat me knew all of the most annoying, douchebag celebrations.... And I lost 4-2, so there was 4 of those lol

Currently I'm mostly playing online season, when I get my team a little bit stronger I'll probably shift my focus to Fut Championship.

SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) Yesterday
It definitely is one of the most annoying but rewarding game modes. Last time I finished in silver 2 league and got 15k with a 35k pack and a 25k pack I believe.

You will face the most annoying, sweaty teams who park the bus and counter. And as soon as they get a goal, good luck getting the ball from them. I'm currently sitting at 5-3 and a broken controller lol
I will definitely start playing it soon, I just want to strengthen my team a little bit more first. Every year I make a Seria A team and this year the attacking options are not the best. I still have a 78 rated Niang playing as a starter lol. Got to save some coins for that "clutch" beast Higuain
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 16 hours ago
My front 3 is Niang and Bacca with Muriel as CAM lol. And my second team I have Pato and Bakambu as ST with Correa as CAM
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 10 hours ago
I recently got Bacca to partner Niang, and he's been terrible for me! I guess it's his damn weak foot, he's shots are so bad sometimes
Maaza (Barcelona) 6 hours ago
I have a Serie A team too and Bacca has been a bit of a disappointment for me also. But Jovetic and especially Eder have been great for me. You might want to try them if you already haven't
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Is it me or does Morata seem like a different player after coming back from Juventus? He seems to be faster, better dribbler and just has that hunger for giving it his all.

Glad to have him back and thanks to Juve for developing him into a more solid player
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Well.... He is reaching his prime.... So he is only gonna' improve.... Its important that we give him more minutes when he deserves it. And that we don't start benzema over him only because of his name or reputation
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
Exactly what DaGaza said.

And Morata is our future, he will not progress if he doesn't play. Not only that, but he deserves to be the starter right now
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 days ago
IDK, at juve he was a supersub, that's where most of his goals came from, right? As in, shouldnt be a surprise to see him produce from the bench
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 13 hours ago
Yeah it's no surprise for the people who followed him at Juve, I just think that if he plays that well he should get some minutes and starts under his belt. Benzema isn't getting any younger and with his consistency being a consistent problem (lol), Morata should play a bit more
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 4 days ago
I really don't want to sound like a Benzema hater considering I already consider him irrelevant in any line up he plays....

But how is it that morata withbhia few minutes in the last 2 games has made more impact than him?

Benzema 180 minutes - 1 goal
Morata in less 60 minutes - 2 assist, 1 goal and was completely more significant.
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Its not easy coming back from an injury. He just needs a few games to get back into shape.

For now I agree Morata does deserve to start more often but Benz has other qualities besides scoring goals. Whenever he plays, our attack becomes more fluid and dangerous. I actually liked seeing both in the same lineup
S2killinit (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
I agree with Iscodisco. I think we can't always jump the gun on players. Make sure we don't judge too quickly. I only say that because we tend to do that. Remember how Bale was treated in his second year? Now compare that to how Suarez was treated by our rivals. Unfortunately, we were too quick to judge Bale even though he had contributed a lot already. Suarez started off in Barcelona where for a long time he was playing poorly, not scoring a single goal for the longest time. I want our fans to give our players the benefit of doubt. Sure Benz hasn't been good recently, but lets not forget how many times he has saved us either
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 4 days ago
Btw, Asensio scored in every debut so far: La Liga, Super Cup and now Champions League. What a player we have on our hands, our midfield is crazy good
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 4 days ago
How the hell did Ronaldo see Asensio?! He's no look passes are getting crazy lately
Vaaz (Nîmes Olympique) 4 days ago
Yeah Ron seems to have decided to get 50 assists this year instead of goals
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 5 days ago
Starting XI:

Danilo, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo,
James, Kroos, Asensio,
Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

Zidane continuing his trend of never startingt he same players.... Very interesting midfield, looks unbalanced but let's wait and see how they do. Hala Madrid!
DanTheGooner (Arsenal) 1 week ago
Just read the Ramos/Pique discussion down below.    Ramos > Pique in every aspect. Just my $0. 02
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 6 days ago
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 6 days ago
I completely agree 100%
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 6 days ago
I think Pejvl said it best down below. Both overrated and inconsistent but can have amazing games
4ever (Barcelona) 6 days ago
^don't know man why do you ditch pique to make argument even. Pique has been in great form and vital coq in our team since lucho took over and consider now by one of the best. On the other side, Ramos have been very inconsistent for a while and reminds me of pique of old. I would say both are good defenders, they're good pair too and ATM pique is way better
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 5 days ago
Everyone likes Coq it seems
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 5 days ago
Vital coq indeed
4ever (Barcelona) 5 days ago
@cloudest, I just noticed, lol. Vital coq, so arsenal way, ha ha
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 4 days ago
Those 2 only look good becos of the teams they play in.... They are the worlds most overrated defenders; no doubt about it.

Watch their opener for the 2014 WC. You will understand.... No understanding about the game or positioning....

Becos of real madrids counter attacking play which everyone apparently falls back to try and win the ball, and barcelonas possession football especially under pep, where basically they just keep passing and capitalize on their chances.... These are why this 2 seem good in ppl eyes. I can tell you they will suck in italy or england....
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 1 week ago
Kovacic took his time to settle in, just like Modric did. I have a feeling he's getting better and better with every game! He should be a serious option for rotation with Casemiro. Today he showed his defensive side, although it's not as good as Casemiros. But he's much much better on the ball then Casemiro.

Nice to see Isco playing well again as well.... And oh boy, that forth goal was the icing on the cake for me, counterattacking football at it's best
S2killinit (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Yes. He did great. I loved his runs into the heart of their defence. We need someone who can do that so the sides open up for us
Zizou5 (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Well, that was a quite convincing half  
Tharius (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Best half in a very long time, unfortunately when I look at who we are playing it doesn't give me to much satisfaction and there is still one more half to go
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 week ago
Great counterattack from that corner, unselfish incisive team-play at lighting pace
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 6 days ago
Guys need to use that as a weapon more often. Learn how to defend crnrs and turn them into counters with the rival's team camped out in our half
Starting XI:

Carvajal, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo,
Isco, Kroos, Kovacic,
Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo

Marcelo is back, while Kovacic and Isco get another start. Morata really should have gotten the advantage over Benzema. Hala Madrid!
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Agreed about Morata starting over Benzema
Kroos has extended his contract until 2022, rumors are that Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Lucas and Pepe are then ext ones to get new deals. Great news!
RealFan (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Here's what I really don't understand about football contract extensions.

Why is it that it is unacceptable for someone to randomly walk up to someone and ask them how much they make a year, but footballer's salary is always available for the public?
And why is it that fans feel like they have a right to know how much football players make?
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
That is great news. Kroos' quality is invaluable to our team and he clearly loves it at Madrid. Great to see him committed and settling in a different environment than what he's probably used to.

I don't know if Pepe is worth extending since he's not getting any younger- unless his contract is up within the next year or so
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 week ago
Realfan not just footballers but sports players and rich celebrities salaries are always disclosed to the public
Crxxx (Bayern München) 3 days ago
Kroos is an amazing midfielder and great asset for any club! I really regret we let him go! Smart move from Real to extend his contract!
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Lol.... Just read another headline

Real Madrid fans have forced Pique to retire from international duty after WC 2018.... Political issues

Well, he might as well do so now, conaidering that embarrassing display from him and Ramos partnership at the 2014 WC.... Footballl issue
What a cry baby lol
S2killinit (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Doesn't Pique hate Spain or something? Why does he play for the national team in the first place? I'm asking, I'm pretty sure he was a separatist? Or am I wrong about that?
He just wants the fame and to be carried by better players. Pique is as hypocritical as they come
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Carried by better players like Ramos? Lol. How can you not rate Pique but rate Ramos?
4ever (Barcelona) 1 week ago
^because they're Madrid fans, lol. Had pique not been playing at the back at Spanish national team, this team would have been leak goals like an amateur side, ha ha.
Because Ramos is actually a world class defender, while Pique is complete s**t
Lol! Ramos world class defender? Ok I've seen it all. Enough Internet for me. Please stop judging players off of fifa 17
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 week ago
When ramos' body starts slowing down you'll see just how poor or great he is as a defender. For my money he's a good athlete and that helps erase his numerous mistakes in many situations. As does his goal-scoring.... Take those away and look purely at his defending, and I'd say he's not that great
Honestly, Ramos and Pique are both terrible defenders.... Probably the two most overrated defenders of this generation
Moe66 (Manchester City) 1 week ago
I'll give Ramos some credit tbh. He was converted to CB four years ago due to the lack of quality options for Spain and his done a good job imo. His inconsistent in some games and he makes mistakes but tbf in other games, his a beast at the back.

He was probably an attacking player in his youth days due to his attacking abilities and goal-scoring record but was converted to a RB when he turned pro and he was one of the best RB in the game during his day. Sure Pique is the better CB because Pique has been a CB his entire career but he can't do what Ramos did, he can't play as FB, which goes to show how amazing Ramos versatility really is.

Plus 140 caps for Spain, at the age of 30. He has to be the most capped outfield player in the game at the moment
Thecount9010 (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
You can troll Pique for his childish behavior. For his disrespect towards Madrid and Ronaldo. But when it comes to talent and defending, you can still troll him.
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 week ago
Ramos - He was very good at RB. At CB, he's average. He has a perception of being one of the best because of several reasons. He plays for Real Madrid and he is a goal scoring fullback/center back. THAT has made him a legend at Madrid. Real Madrid, as a team has never cared much about defence. As long as the team keeps pounding in goals, Madridistas have been happy because it is expected by their fans that their team dominates the game in attack. If you look at the goals conceded by every madrid team in La liga, at least for the last 15-20 years, they have never conceded less than 30 goals; I think 32 was the best defence that they achieved with Mourinho. So an average and sometimes good defender like Ramos fits well into this type of play for that with Barca (21 GA), Bayern (18 GA), Arsenal (26), Chelsea (15), United (22).

You can't compare Pique with Ramos. Pique is a mobile playmaking defender. In the Spanish team, which played using Barca's model, Pique was starting attacks from the back. Their possession game, like Barca, barely exposed the defence but just like Barca, a counterattacking game finally done them in. Is Pique better than Ramos? In some qualities, yes - like moving the ball and connecting with wingers. Ramos is a better defender in the air however, Ramos is terrible with his positioning. He has always been aggressive and indisciplined which also explains his red cards. Like SIF, without his goal scoring he quite average
The reason why Ramos looks good in Madrid jersey is because of Pepe. Look at him in Spain jersey and you will realize how s**t he is. Pepe and Varane > Ramos
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 2 weeks ago
To Ramos or not to Ramos, that is the question
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 2 weeks ago
Just play him as a striker, problem solved!
Aaaaaand he's out for a month
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Sorry to hear about injury but I strongly believe we'll defend better without him
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 1 week ago
Lol.... Pedmar
But we can all agree with you onnthis one

At this point, I think we should be playing Ramos only in finals.... Not for his defending, but foe his goal scoring in finals....

Ramos is a living legend. That man needs a statue.... Or two

Kick4Life - changing lives through football