Forums / Real Madrid
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid Chat
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 56 minutes ago
Glad CR7 was able to feel what everyone else bar him who's never subbed does
S2killinit (Real Madrid) 19 hours ago
I'm sorry but I'm tired of Verane giving goals away. He has done it 2 times in 2 games. He does this thing where he heads or taps the balls out right in front of our goal, setting opponents up to basically take penalty kicks on our goal. They gotta' work on him, he is terrible, I don't care how fast he is, its not worth it.

More importantly, I really don't think Real is playing the way a team of their caliper should be playing. They can't keep possession, and their goals are all, literally ALL of them come from either
1) set pieces OR
2) situations where someone converts possession inside the other team's half.

This is significant because it shows that the team can't actually score as a team, they can only rely on mistakes by opponents, or set pieces. That means they don't have a plan, or that they are not synced, or worst, that there are divisions within the team where players want to either score themselves or miss the opportunity to make sure others don't get a chance to shine.

Furthermore, I feel like there might be problems between the players, or the between the players and the management, in that our players seem to want to win, but they don't want to win solidly. Its almost like they push to get ahead by a goal, then they back off and once they get scored on and its 10 minutes left on the clock, they start to play better. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 hour ago
I'll say, very good observation. I don't think your players don't want to win "solidly". Cr7 and bale will always want to score goals. I think it's Zidane's lack of creativity and strategic flexibility that's making madrid one dimensional. His decisions in response to the game are very predictable. I've yet to see him try out different formations during the game. His core team depends on Casemiro cleaning up. I might be wrong but without him, I don't think Zidane has a plan be
Pedmar (Real Madrid) Yesterday
CR7's such a Bitch! So much so that his mother has to tell this 31yr old not to hang your head and stop sulking. Are you fackn kidding me? This is a 3 time Ballon D'Or winner that knows full well the ups and downs of his profession. If he by now can't accept that when even HIM is offering 0 to the team he should sit da faq down. Who're you that you can't be subbed? You put lot's of pressure on yourself to be the best but honestly your play most times suggests that you prefer others to do their best to help YOU.

On to more important matters, this team sucks balls big time. One player out can't defend, another player out you can't string 2 passes together, gk out can't stop a simple 1v1 on the byline. My god and we really expect to win the league, cdr and UCL.... LOLZ. What the hell is Zidane really doing? You see that without Casemiro this team is so defensively depleted and the only other player is Kova that should be playing that role with his pace and combative nature from Serie A. Midfield until Case returns should be Kova, kroos and mods with ZZ subbing either mods or kroos but Kova must start each game.

Makes absolutely 0 sense talking about style with Case and don't play the closest type in Kova. How do you really expect to maintain a style or dynamic when you keep faqn up the system with all these crap rotations that makes absolutely no sense.

4 strikers vs LAS palmas! FOUR. -> Real Madrid, seriously Zidane?
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) Yesterday
I love Zidane for having the balls to bench Cristiano like that. This shows that no one is untouchable on his rotation policy. I know Cristiano is a big mamas boy but that tweet from his mom was just plain embarrassing. Something is off with Cristiano's form and it is affecting the team.

Defence? Terrible. Carvajal and Varane - the known consistent defenders we have are just a big letdown lately.

We have a big game this coming champions league. Zidane has been experimenting with the lineups, I hope this next one won't fail him
S2killinit (Real Madrid) 19 hours ago
Verane has never been consistent. If anything he has been consistent in giving balls away and setting opponents up for shots on goal from inside the box
Jimjo (Manchester United) Yesterday
Playing dream footy for many years now, Ronaldo is the best player in the world, But I have to let him go, , its killing me;-(
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Typical Real Madrid.

Are any of us surprised? I don't care about the performances, about who plays, who sits or who if forced out of position. All I care is that we win. We were doing that with inconsistent performances and I was fine with that.

But even when the style and manager changes, one thing remains the same.... This team, more often than not, chokes under pressure.

The typical back to back drop of points. The typical one game we should HAVE won.... The typical average opponent away game we can't win.... I'm not even gonna' get into it cause its an every season thing.... Just gonna' leave you all with this.

Choker - Someone who blows a seemingly insurmountable lead in any competitive endevour. A person or team that suffers a nervous collapse caused by pressure of winning
DaniPak (Arsenal) Yesterday
Lol you guys really spoiled...
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) Yesterday
To be fair, Las Palmas isn't a bad team. They're organized, methodical and play possession football. Madrid tried to press them like they do usually to get the ball but LP aren't afraid to pass the ball all the way back to the gk and switch wings. They were also okay with holding the ball in defence for long periods of time. They did the exact same thing with barca last year and we struggled against them.

That being said I think Zidane is out of ideas. Casemiro's absence destabilizes madrid by exposing the defence. However the bigger issue I see Zidane's inability to use creative attackers like James and Isco. Madrid is designed to go wide to cr7 and bale. That leaves players very little option other than crossing the ball in. LP had their wing backs pulled back all game. Their midfield also double teamed every time bale or cr7 got the ball. That's when you need a creative midfielder like james to step up and run through gaps in the middle. Zidane used asensio because I think he wanted to keep james fresh for ucl game. But Zidane's management has fundamental problems with lack of flexibility. When he took over last year the league was almost lost so there was no expectations. So when he capped off the tail end of the league with relatively easier ucl rounds, nobody complained like they did vs Benitez. I was surprised that Zidane held on to both isco and James because he has no intention of actually using them in their strong positions. Now with the transfer ban, Zidane can't buy or sell in Jan. I want to see what Zidane does vs Dortmund, a team that will stretch your defence wide in all areas of the field
JohnSnow (Liverpool) 1 day ago
You won't get an easy ride in champions league again this season, so you won't win that. Need to be more efficient in the league ye
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Look at this Liverpool fan talking smack lol    How about you try getting into the Europa first? Mmkay?
How about you try winning a major title before talking s**t?

Barca fans are salty enough they'll just like any troll's post that credits them. Talk about obsession
Andres201 (Barcelona) Yesterday
Why are you here @Johnsnow. Don't you have the north to defend?
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) Yesterday
JohnSnow, just stop with the clear trolling. Another post like that and the discussion is over
Ronaldo did not look too pleased to be subbed off.

Glad Zizou has the sense and audacity to sub him off when he's not preforming. No special privileges for under-performers.

With that said, not a very convincing performance. Casemiro is clearly missed
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 1 day ago
Again a very lame display.... Defence not focused enough, midfielder without creativity and attackers not doing their job. Right now we should all be nervous for the away match vs Dortmund. Not to mention we never win there....

Whatever the case is with Ronaldo, we need him fit and firing now. Bale needs to stop being so selfish and play like he did the first season. Casemiro is already missed big time.
Digz (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Missing Casemiro big time. You can see what Casemiro did for Madrid.
Can't hold a damn lead.
Slim you jinxed it by saying no Casemiro in the team, there you go another 2 points lost
Tharius (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
Ronaldo still on vacation.    
Mar123 (Barcelona) 1 day ago
He is alwsys on vacation
You're going on a vacation from footytube if you continue trolling Mar123
Digz (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
LOL^
SanchezAlexis (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Somebody ban this guy already please
The return of selfish Bale.... I hate it when he starts playing like this. Ronaldo needs to snap out of pre season mod ASAP!
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 day ago
^ Stop trolling dude
Starting XI:

Casilla,
Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Nacho,
Modric, Kroos, Asensio,
Bale, Morata, Ronaldo

Now this looks like an interesting line up. Morata over Benzema, Asensio in midfield trio for the first time. I'm just a little worried about the defensive side of the midfield. If we are counting on Kroos, then we're in big trouble
Chelo (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
James and Isco must be mad as f**k though
That's true, and I really miss watching Isco play, he could be a good option for the midfield 3
MadridUnited (Real Madrid) 1 day ago
We play Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday....
Isco and James would probably play a bigger part in that one.

What happened to Pepe? Benched?!
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 day ago
You're playing Dortmund not Sporting on Tuesday
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 day ago
Sporting dormund
Chelo (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
I can't believe you guys could let someone say well always be second to barca, where is the love of the shirt, where is the pride? Tennis fans are probably better fans than this bunch.... If you have real madrid next to your nickname you better not put shame on it
Rajmahal 2 days ago
Lol that guy is too temperamental
Bavaria (Bayern München) 2 days ago
Yeah even as non Real Madrid fan I felt sad after reading his comment
Chelo (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Can't believe he got 6 upvotes, anyone pretending to be a madrid fan that upvoted this should quit now, go support barca or what ever, shamefull...
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 day ago
8 upvoted as of this post and I would bet it's more rival fan's than anyone else
Mar123 (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Cool down.... There is no harm telling the truth so just chill lol
Tharius (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
So early reports are Casemiro is done for 1 to 2 months there goes our only true defensive mid, enter Tooni? Lol
Pejvl (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
Kovacic maybe? He's been amazing so far. And our only LB is out for 2 weeks, great
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Kovacic isn't too effective at reading the game and holding the ball from behind. He's more of a box to box that is also great at running the ball forward.

Toni is our only option but I'm afraid he will be overused this coming weeks. Zidane has a great rotation policy so far so I'm not too worried.

Lucas Silva is also another option since he jsut got back and started training but I doubt he will be playing soon
Iscodisco (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
I read somewhere that Kovacic actually prefers playing as a DM so he could fill that spot and have Modric and Kroos play further up
Moe66 (Manchester City) 2 days ago
^ His not though. I've follow Inter and watched him during his early days and I'm just gonna' say his not cut out for DM role. A CM at best but he lacks the strength and overall ability to read the game from DM standpoint to play the role. Always wondered why you guys didn't get a DM before the transfer ban
Chelo (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
We where all in on pogba and got outbided by Man you, we should have had a plan be, and pogba isn't a DM anyway.

Wonder if we could get a free agent.... I think we could call one of our young dudes back from loan in january, also Lucas Silvz is still around or nah?
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
I heard Marcos Llorente is making a name for himself at Alavez. He was just recently named MOTM against Valencia even though they lost. From what I have seen, DM is where he plays while tackling/ball recovery and deep passing are his greatest strength.

If he continues this, I'm sure Zidane will notice soon
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Lucas Silva and Llorente are options. Also, Kovacic has played well there when deployed although it might be disastrous against someone like Barcelona
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 4 days ago
Why is it that whenever the BBC is playing that no-one else wants to shoot?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football