Forums / Real Madrid
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid Chat
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 1 hour ago
? Is this a jab at Benzema - "The management and coaching staff have let it be known that he is good at breaking through closed defences, he has a strong goalscoring instinct and glides through penalty areas with ease".

Welcome Chicharito!
Drogbalampard (Chelsea) 34 minutes ago
Great sub to come on
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 hours ago
Hate it when we sign an outstanding number of superstars and try and put them on the same team.... Its like a ticking time bomb which will eventually implode but you just don't know when....

I'm happy with the addition of Chicharito.... He is the kinda player who won't complain or make a fuss about not starting most of the matches but a player good enough to bench Benz if he doesn't stay sharp.... More signing like this is what we should have done instead of signing James we should have kept Angel and given Jese his chance which he went taking very well before he got injured.

Not hating on James.... He is a good player and I'm sure he will be a success in Madrid but the fact that every season we change up the team more and more to fit in superstars isn't the right way imo.... Its like we hit the reset button every season independent of whether or not its a good or bad season....
RealFan (Real Madrid) 34 minutes ago
I don't care what people say, I'm happy we signed Chicharito.    I'm confident he will bench Benzema soon.
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 4 hours ago
With the little pea coming in, I believe he is the "change" that Ancelotti wants to see in this team.

A top class poacher which reminds me of the great Van Nistelrooy and Pipita. Can't wait to see him play with Bale and Cristiano together!

Since only ManU fans are excited about this signing, welcome Chicharito #14!
Tharius (Real Madrid) 4 hours ago
I sure hope he gets a chance to show his poaching abilities
Moe66 (Manchester City) 3 hours ago
Falcao would have been something speical if he signed for you guys, I was really convinced he was going to Madrid after the Di Maria sale and now I must hate on another of my favorite footballer. First Di Maria went to Utd and now Falcao! f**k It!
Drde159 (Manchester United) 4 hours ago
Pleaase take good care of chicharito! He needs a warm bench and good crosses. I'm counting on you
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 hours ago
Surely he's earned more respect than that. He didn't have a great season last year but for my money he's a top player. I think he should have gone to a side where he will play every match but if he's 2nd choice at madrid instead of 4th at utd then I think he can get back to his best
Drogbalampard (Chelsea) 13 minutes ago
Negatives: HE always scores against us  Other than that a great player
Henkkaa (Real Madrid) 5 hours ago
Lol at people saying Iker played badly. He couldn't do anything about the goals. Really hard to understand where all the hate is coming from
Truthfully I get nervous everytime a cross comes in or defending set pieces with Iker on goal. I never get this feeling when we had Diego Lopez.comparing both of them isn't getting me anywhere but I really miss the old Iker. Back when his commanding aura overshines almost everything else
Tharius (Real Madrid) 3 hours ago
Its pretty evident even in the World Cup how nervous Spain was on corners and crosses, but truthfully while Iker was not directly at fault on the goals he just does not appear to command anything, it all boiled to tactical weakness in defence as illustrated in the video, only on the second goal did Kroos forget to track his man in the middle.

Link: as.com/videos/2014/09/01/portada/1409522950_374605...
Henkkaa (Real Madrid) 2 hours ago
How do you know how much he commands the defence? It`s not like you can hear it
Danny414 (Real Madrid) 55 minutes ago
In organized football teams the goal keeper is partially responsible for the organization of the defence. He can see things they can't and it is his job to keep them in line.

I don't blame Iker entirely for the goals. But he is part of the defence that conceded them. The entire defence needs a smack in the face to wake up and stop being lazy
Tharius (Real Madrid) 6 hours ago
I remember last season when till about Jan many Madridistas were calling for Jese to bench Bale based on performances, with patience we saw that Carlo made the right call to allow Bale to adapt to that position which wasn't necessarily his preferred, the same has to be done for our new additions and the rotating has to come to a stop to allow the new members to adapt to their roles, I would really prefer to see Carlo adapt more of a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 if you insist on the link man being there,

My back line would be Keylor, Carvie, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao
Mids would be Modric, Khedira, Kroos
Mezzapunta would be James playing just behind CR7 and Bale

Keylor Navas for me has to be a starter allow him time to show how he can command our back line and come out for crosses.

RealFan (Real Madrid) 5 hours ago
Where's the link mannn?
JRaty (Barcelona) 4 hours ago
München
RealFan (Real Madrid) 8 hours ago
Falcao is heading to United
Pejvl (Real Madrid) 11 hours ago
So Chicharito is doing the medical right now,he's 99,9% our new striker,on loan probably. I still think Falcao or Negredo would have been a better option,but I welcome this as well. I don't really know much about him but from what I hear he's a pacy and clinical striker,something we didn't have for a longer time. But downside is there will still be nobody who is going to be able to get to the crosses in the middle,cause Chicharito is very small.

And its official now:

Link: www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2014/09/comunicado-ofi...
Pedmar (Real Madrid) 10 hours ago
Since you've said you don't know much about him what I will say is that he's very capable when it come to scoring headers. If you watch any YT vid of him playing for UTD you will see his ability at doing just that
Harris537 (Real Madrid) 8 hours ago
Falcao-177cm
Chicharitto-175cm
But as you said negredo is much more taller. Falcao is one of the clinical finishers of the game and a good finisher. But for hernadez he has got to prove himself that is better after not having a good season last year. So whatever time he gets in the field he will try to get it count
I can see him coming on in the last 10min of an El Clasico and scoring a tap in!
Pejvl (Real Madrid) 7 hours ago
I can see him starting a game or two and after that becoming the number one striker right away lol
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 7 hours ago
Javier Hernandez: Of the 60 players with 10+ goals since August 2012, just 1 player has a better conversion rate than @ch14_ (21. 5%)

Feed him and he will score. He won't create a goal from nothing and probably won't score a screamer but if you create chances he will finish them, even if it is from the bench
Kingleo (Barcelona) 5 hours ago
He's basically Pippo Inzaghi
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 hours ago
Basically
Malik (Barcelona) 13 hours ago
Link: sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/karim-b...

Benzema's new car , modifications are quite similar to that done by many GTA 5 players
Tree2 (Barcelona) 16 hours ago
We feel your pain guys. Sociedad beat us the same way as they beat you today 2 years ago. We were up 2-0 and then lost 3-2.

And there was also last seasons ass kicking too
Evexo (Real Madrid) 18 hours ago
Isco>james.    Pissed tired of watching james pass the ball back instead of making something out of it.
St1or (Barcelona) 15 hours ago
The bandwagon is #real
Poblenou (Real Madrid) 15 hours ago
He just needs more time, brother
Tharius (Real Madrid) 7 hours ago
I am tired of watching Isco just dribble and hold the ball to long and lose it instead of passing it back.

The nonsense I keep hearing about James is tiresome, the player hasnt played in the same position more then twice since he got here and everyone is expecting miracles when the rest of the team that has been here much longer have not stepped up in anyway whatsoever
RealFan (Real Madrid) 7 hours ago
Isco. Is. Not. Better. Than. James
Danny414 (Real Madrid) 6 hours ago
Realfan,    I disagree. Isco is incredible. Feet and a brain like iniesta, and he's quick, works hard, and a tracks back well.
LastGraspWinner (Arsenal) 4 hours ago
There is but one problem the world faces. Too many world class CAMs and not 1 world class coach who can play 7 CAMs and win games. I don't think there is a team out there without a decent CAM
Ozil vs. Kaka 2. 0
Barcelon (Barcelona) 2 hours ago
Isco has been given this tag "new iniesta" far far from it
Danny414 (Real Madrid) 52 minutes ago
I said "like" iniesta. Iniesta is a special player. Isco is a special player as well and he gets out of situations you think were impossible to get out of, a la iniesta.

He's not the new iniesta. He's isco
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 19 hours ago
Oh the team is missing Alonso already? Who would have thought...
Tharius (Real Madrid) 21 hours ago
I said it in the game against Atl. And now Sociedad when teams are down on us or want to give us trouble they have learned that we stank on corners and crosses into the 6 yard line and our defenders have alot of trouble if a team starts playing long balls over the top.

Oh yea and while Iker couldn't really be blamed for any of the goals incurred, he also doesn't convey at least to me and fans around me that he owns that damn 18 yard box, worse still he barely challenges for balls on his 6 and when he does he doesn't put anything on the ball, at this point why not give Navas a chance?

Top 3 keeper in the world and sitting there till he rusts and then is going to get the blame cause he lets one in.

If the defence is so worried about crosses and being perfect because you know your keeper is frankly weak on anything high coming in, then take that pressure off of the defence because its not working clearly!

3/4 goals today from corners, UCL final and Super Cup goals against ATL corners as well hello E. T. Phone home
CheMaradona 20 hours ago
Yeah I can see where you are coming from, it seemed a bit insecure in the back from the beginning. The first quarter of the game was a lot of pressure on Sociedad's box from defenders like Ramos and Marcelo but when it came to defending they seemed very unsure of themselves, often being caught on the wrong side of their men.

I have not seen Casillas that frustrated in a long long time, it has got to be taken a toll on his performance. He really failed to provide any sense of security like in the old days. I want to see more of Navas for sure after his world cup excellence, and I want to see James succeed for sure.

Our teams do seem to have a habit of making big deals out of losses but all in all it is really good food for thought as clearly the attacking is fine but the defending needs to be looked at.

Being up 2-0 is one of the worst things for a team, I know it seems silly to say but the confidence from being up by two goals early on in the game really leaves a team vulnerable
Henkkaa (Real Madrid) 13 hours ago
LMAO blame Iker
Pejvl (Real Madrid) 12 hours ago
Iker is not to blame for this loos, but Tharius is right. Most of the goals we conceded were from his 6 yeard box. I don't know why but he's been glued to the goal line for every game he played this year. When he comes out during corners he usually doesn't get the ball, so that might be the reason.

Ancelotti said something will have to change. We need to get some freshness in this team, that goes for the GK spot as well, and Keylor deserves a chances. I still think Casillas is a great keeper, but nobody can deny that he is not the same as before
I think there's a higher chance of Ronaldo getting subbed off in an El Clasico than Iker getting benched
Tharius (Real Madrid) 7 hours ago
And why is that? He was relegated to watching pretty much every league game last season, so now we have an even better goalie supposedly just sitting there when we clearly have problems defending the six yard box.

IMO Iker giving way to Keylor is coming real soon
Jigsawwill (Real Madrid) 23 hours ago
You know whats really funny about this "find the balance" in midfield mission that Carlo is struggling with. Two of the three starting midfielders on the team that just won the world are in this squad.... Haha, you can't make this stuff up.

CR7———Kroos———----Bale
--------Khedira——-Modric

Lets just see what happens
RealFan (Real Madrid) 21 hours ago
We need our link mannnn
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 12 hours ago
^nice one realfan
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 23 hours ago
James Rodriguez v RSdF:  Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=L7d7wPx0iXo

Kick4Life - changing lives through football