Forums / Real Madrid
Order: Newest / Oldest
Málaga V Real Madrid, Dec 22
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
Brilliant win for malaga! And good good cameo from santa ctruz. Pelllegrini should be manager of the year.

Sucks that theyve been banned from europe for next year, hope they sort out that in house stuff out soon
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Mourinho lost his mind.... How do you bench one of the best keepers in the world and expect to win.... LOL
SL0WP0KE (Chelsea) 1 year ago
It was poor defence from Madrid, Adan had little to no chance on all of those
EvilGameR (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Totally agree !
Mourinho calls himself professional then he leaves this amazing player on the bench because of some personal problems in the locker-room
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Slowpoke, it isn't about personal ability. Football is played by teams and Iker is Madrid's leader. Mentally, it makes a huge difference. And I can guarantee you, Iker would have saved at least 2 of those goals. Giving up a goal at the near post is 50% gk's fault
Mad93 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
This is what happen when you put a f*****g captain on a f*****g bench!
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 1 year ago
Ridiculous.... Adan is dead to me on this day!
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Err, if that IS the idiom you've been intending to use, I congratulate you on your loyalty
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
It's starting to look like this team is falling apart. The only reason I can see for benching Casillas, of ALL players who have done a lot more for Madrid than José could ever dream of, is some clash of egos and a demonstration of power at the expense of the team, the club, the fans, and eventually the result. Unless Mou is trying to get sacked (which would be pathetic in its own way), this "decisión técnica" is just about the stupidest thing he's ever done.

It's kind of sad. Of course as a Barça fan I'm not exactly displeased with a ridiculous difference of 16 points but I mean it when I say that it would also be appealing to see Real Madrid back as the Great Rivals and worthy title contenders as opposed to a shambles of a team where point after point is dropped as inflated egos are busy going at each other and ruining the season. Because I've always respected Real Madrid, in spite of a lot of reservations I have, and most of the players deserve something better. Especially Casillas.

I was impressed with Mou at Porto and Inter; I'm not impressed with Mou at Real Madrid. For all the mind-gaming, whining, moaning, bullying, complaining, discussing, blaming, hypothesizing and image-wrecking he's been doing, the results of this half-billion-€ team could probably have been just as good over the whole period with a number of different managers. It's not some pub team, it's Ronaldo and Özil and Casillas (when he plays) - lots of good coaches out there who could squeeze the odd title out of those players.

And look who's just outsmarted José. The guy Pérez sacked after a single season
A few days ago there was a report in the Spanish media that there are some players in the Madrid team who are against Madrid. I think Iker is one of them. When I saw Iker starting on the bench last night, I said to myself, "Mou better win this one or he's history. " Iker is Real Madrid and nothing Mourinho does for the club will change what Saint Iker is for Madrid. Madrid didn't lose because Adan was the gk but because they lack team chemistry. Mou has put this team back together in time for their game vs United. If they show up in Feb playing like this, Mou will be gone before the end of the game. That is if he survives another 2 months as Madrid manager
Herrera18 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Michael Essien at right back? But why...
Herrera18 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Michael Essien at right back? But why...
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Whether or not Casillas was playing I don't think the score line would have been different because he has been below is best this season. The other day Casillas said ''he don't care if Madrid lose the league by 25 points as long as Real Madrid wins the ucl'', how can the captain of a team make such a statement. Seems like everybody in RM is SAD these days
Joshtch (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Did he really say that? Or did you read that in the tabloid newspaper that is Marca?

I find it hard to believe Iker would say that, especially considering his reaction on seeing Malaga's third goal:

This man loves his club, and I don't think someone who cares only about the UCL would react the way he did if he didn't care about the league.

Seems like BS to me.

Edit: you misquoted him. He said:
"I'd finish 25 points behind Barcelona in La Liga if it meant winning the Champions League"
He didn't say he didn't care about losing the league, he said he would rather lose the league and win the UCL than win the league.

That said, my only source is goal.Com and they are far from reputable....

Full quote:
"I do not have to think about it. If you told me now that we would finish 25 points behind Barcelona in La Liga that is obviously not ideal as the domestic competition is very important, But if you tell me that we are going to win La Decima, I would sign for that right now,"

Link: Link: www.goal.com/en-za/news/4680/spain/2012/12/11/3595...
Dany10 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Real Madrid never gives up. No matter what Iker Casillas, Mourinho, Ramos, Raul, Zidane or whoever it is says
Laliga4life (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Should've left City a long while Santa Cruz. Wasting all that ability for money. Stupid. Poor decision by Mou. Hope Madrid makes it better the next half of the season
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I have no idea what mou was planing. Btw, well done malaga
Dany10 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
The reason why Casillas was sitting is unknown to me, but it is NOT the reason we lost.
Again and again this season we have had missed chances that have been clear, in critical times of the game. For the past 5-10 games!
Yes we have scrambles and not playing at our best, but to me it is the lack of critical touch that's has made the difference from last year.
Our D is not an A and that is not a unknown fact
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 1 year ago
It's not the reason you lost, but NO ONE would have found it pleasurable if you had won with Cassilas on the bench
4ever (Barcelona) 1 year ago
The answer is quite simple.... But that doesn't make much difference.... How can a team which canot able to string atleast 5 passes together and following a counter attacking tactics win the games against the team which has tight defence and creative attackers....
You see its always happening to real against that kind f team.... Bvb, munich and malaga are example....
Topshotta (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Real got out-countered. Malaga was deadly! What a game by Joaquin. Isco was superb too. Real overall looked really sloppy. Very careless with the ball and defended poorly
Delmarco (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Mourinho knows what he is doing. He did the samething at Inter. He said they only way they were going win the treble was to lose a couple of league games (remember the season before Mou came Inter was obsesssed with their perfect serie A record or not losing a single game for like 2 or 3 straight seasons). Mou looked at the squad and said the only way to win the UCL was for Inter to learn to lose games and build from that and use that league confidence to balance out the UCL confidence and win games in both leage and UCL. When he did that everyone was cursing Mourinho, asking for him to be sacked, that season and look what happened the following season: Inter won everything!
Mourinhino knows what he is doing! When he leaves Real I bet Iker will be crying his eyes out like Materazzi did and Lampard did and every team did that Mouh came, touched and left
So your argument here is, Mou is losing games on purpose?
Jandito (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Are you saying Madrid still can catch up and win La liga after -16 points?
ManoK (Barcelona) 1 year ago
@Jandito.... Nothing is impossible but its very unlikely to happen
Alwaysgunners (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Honest question: when was the last time a team, let alone a team of barcelona's caliber, lost their respective league title after being up 16 points on a team.
Sure Atletico Madrid is great and respect to them but I find it unlikely that they can maintain pace based solely on Falcao
Delmarco (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Mourinho knows what he is doing. He did the samething at Inter. He said they only way they were going win the treble was to lose a couple of league games (remember the season before Mou came Inter was obsesssed with their perfect serie A record or not losing a single game for like 2 or 3 straight seasons). Mou looked at the squad and said the only way to win the UCL was for Inter to learn to lose games and build from that and use that league confidence to balance out the UCL confidence and win games in both leage and UCL. When he did that everyone was cursing Mourinho, asking for him to be sacked, that season and look what happened the following season: Inter won everything!
Mourinhino knows what he is doing! When he leaves Real I bet Iker will be crying his eyes out like Materazzi did and Lampard did and every team did that Mouh came, touched and left
Poindexter12 (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Seems like a reasonable assessment. I'd like to see what some Real fans say too
Robertoalvarez (FC Barcelona II) 1 year ago
Haha this is not the italian league,  Spanish which is the best league in soccer, and where Barca play to.  
Shri05 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
LOL! Yeah sure, mou knows what he is doing.... Exactly, making look madrid bad as sh** in front of whole world to win everything back again? He must be top notch hollywood script writer instead then!
Maradona1986 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
For a Spurs fan you know a lot about the spanish league? The problem with the special one (who is not that special anymore) and his pretty boy Ronaldo, is that they don't admitt of two facts :1- Barcelona is a much better TEAM than they will ever be. 2- Messi on his worst day ever (as this will ever happen) is way above Ronaldo and the only reason Ronaldo is in teh picture to compare with Messi is because we have to compare Messi to somebody. If these two accept those facts they will do much better. And I agree with Roberto this is not the Italian league this is teh real deat here
Jandito (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Are you saying Madrid still can catch up and win La liga after -16 points?
Estudiantes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I love Barcelona Club, but you Barca fans can be so condescending, just comment respectively. For example a Spurs fan could be watching La liga too, and the last barca fan comment he never said Mourinho wants to come back and win la liga, read it again
Robertoalvarez (FC Barcelona II) 1 year ago
Oh how the mighty are falling, like it or not Madrid is doing horrible at the moment, it happens, but they should get there things together, or don't even pass Man united in champions. Glad Pellegrin won too, Madrid should have not let him go so early

Kick4Life - changing lives through football