Forums / Queens Park Rangers
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United V Queens Park Rangers, Apr 8
Elgran (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I'm not even gonna' say anything. Terrible reffing is, regrettably, part of football. I can't complain, but neither can Utd. Or Chelsea this weekend
Smtbgame (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The flag wasnt up, , so the lineman didn't see that it was an offside
And the ref sees that Derry fouled ashley young which is an obvious goal scoring opportunity.... In the rule book a small foul that keeps the player from his obvious scoring oppotunity is a red....

If anyone was to blame for the red card, it has to be the lineman

.... And the flag should be up for an offside before young was down
SuperMonkeyBalz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ashley Young you wimp.    Paul Scholes you wonderman.
Also, is it just me or are Scholes's and Arteta's goals kinda really look alike just on different sides of the goal?
Yellow (Arsenal) 2 years ago
What an awful, awful weekend for officials. Scholes, what a legend
Odiz9 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Refs hallucinating this weekend.... What's wrong with instant replay?
Robertzz10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
As much as I want Man UTD to take the title over Man City, this refereeing was just atrocious. Any Man UTD fan that disagrees with me has no common sense.

Ashley Young greatly exaggerated the contact, and fell to the ground. That was not a penalty, let alone a booking, let alone a RED CARD. Above all that, it was a blatant offside! This was disgusting
Robertzz10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Also, all these Man UTD fans saying that they would have gotten the win regardless because of the 70%+ possession and 90%+ pass completion, are the same damn people that go on barcelona highlights and bash them for the exact same thing!

I'm not disagreeing that you would have gotten the win, but seriously stop acting like Barcelona is not the best team in the world
RocknRolla (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I guess we all agree that it was a bad decision from the linesman not to notice the off-side. Even saf mentioned it after the game
@Robertzz,
Completely agree. I've only been following the premier league since last season, but compared to 2010-2011 even I can vouch and say the quality of refereeing has dipped dramatically. No doubt, United has had more than its gratuitous share of sluggish calls.

Although what bothers me the most is people's tunnel vision towards bad refereeing, and they instantly point to biased decisions if MU wins a game. United played great football today, and it sucks some people can't see the bigger picture.

My two cents
Isenblud (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Thank you Robertzz10 for mentioning that. As
Isenblud (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wrong calls as regrettable as they might be are part of football.

Does that mean refs are easy on manu or does that mean Manu pays the refs. Hmm? Now being a barca fan this is my chance to be a TROL I guess.... Jks
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I wish the refs thought andy carroll's blatant dive last week was also a penalty/red card for opposition's defender....
Scholes is a beast btw
As is Mr. Gerrard
Cheers! Wish he'd score a screamer from 30/40 yards out soon! Those kinds of goals are so fun to watch over and over again!
LoLuMaD (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.  Mario Balotelli. Throws away championships.
Trob757 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
He's eventually going to throw away his career. He needs counseling haha
Dzeko>balo dunno why he didn't play
Trob757 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
As a referee, how does one explain that decision to the FA?
2 different linesmen missed similar decisions today. And even if Young was onside, that's no penalty, booking, or red! Young is of such quality, why would he dive? :/
I guess there will be honest players and dishonest players alike.
I mean if the ref got all the decisions right then this wouldn't be the beautiful game I guess. And if everyone behaved like a golden child then we'd have nothing to put in the papers. Embrace the controversy.
On another note, fantastic strike by Scholes. I swear SAF knows the right players to keep around. They just keep on winning him titles.
Jeeze I wish Spurs could find someone like him...
Lihanguk (Arsenal) 2 years ago
That's the premier league. Congrats to Man UTD
Footycray (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That was a really bad call and I'm disappointed in Young for taking a dive. Sorry to all the QPR fans. On the other hand, a good shot by Scholes and I'm happy the consistency throughout the season has lead to this sweet league title win
Scoobie (Manchester City) 2 years ago
United can win the title every year for me i'l always hate em with a passion
RedDevil08 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Pretty sure you hate arsenal a bit too.... Lol
REDDEVIL90 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
City without Balotelli.... One step closer to respecting City
Kibakun (Manchester United) 2 years ago
City fan since 2012
Minabotros (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Calls like that red card are the reason why EPL teams are so poor in Europe. The FA should do something about these refs, that was just poor!
LoveuArsenal (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Awful decision by ref.... EPL has very low standard of ref. S/thin need to be done to improve them.  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football