Forums / Portugal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Portugal Chat
CFRealMadrid (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
The way portugal played that's how they should have played.... They should have called up the exat list of players they used and they would have done better, altough they have always been known for great defence and in the world cup they showed just that.... What I noticed also was that many of these players werent new. They were just underrated, carlos martins for example a wonderful player who still plays in benfica at the age of 28, an excellent player great skills and he hasnt been to a worl cup, etc. He should be playing in bigger clubs. There is also postiga. I believe they should keep usin nani in right flank insteadd of left, he is playing great. He started playing since valencia got injured to take his place. Evra moves higher and plays the role of a winger and in evras place the switch oshea to the left, and put rafael out of bench and put him on the right back. Rafael and fabio might actually join portugal not brasil, they play in sub whatever for portugal not brazil, great, but I think rafael is going to brazil because he is already playing for them. I believe portugals coach hsas done agreat job noticing how goog nani plays on the right. This is just my opinion. Lets go portugal for euro 12, I want portugal or netherlands to win it, yeah
Realmadridfan1 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Its funny portugal loses to spain in the world cup but know they beat them 5-0 how is that for ya spain
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
They are just good at friendly matches, but when it comes to real games, they are out of form!
ManUtdTILLIDIE (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeh and I find that the team as a whole is playing better. They have the likes out moutinho, raul meriales(yeh I messed that one up lol) nani, simao, fabio concentrao, and of course ronaldo
Realmadridfan5 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
In the euro 2004 portugal beet spain 1-0 in the world cup portugal lost to spain and portugal beet spain 5-0. They did not accept [C.] ronaldo goal because of nani.
I hope [C.] ronaldo plays vs argentina?  
ManUtdTILLIDIE (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Your wish came true
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lololololol
PORTUGAL ROCKS!
You just made my day
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 3 years ago
Today's result was quite unfair, a draw would be the fairest result. Well it was just a friendly in the end, just like in the game against Spain. Portugal!Portugal!Portugal!
Mejay (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's not unfair.... That penalty is well deserved!
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 3 years ago
Pay close attention to what I wrote. Now read this: I didn't say the penalty didn't exist. It was one of the clearest fouls in the box I've seen in the last few years. What I'm arguing is that one team wasn't superior to the other and that a draw would be fairer
Lol
Chelo (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Shocking Misses by Almeida    Still should have been awarded a penalty & a red card for that other dude
It's sad really how he can't stop scoring in Germany
PoorSporting (Sporting CP Lisbon) 3 years ago
Portugal-Chile  What a lame game, everyone I wanted to see play was either not playing or sitting on the bench boooo but I sill love ya
Madummer (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What a boring match really...
PoorSporting (Sporting CP Lisbon) 3 years ago
Yep, I won't argue on that one
Lol
XPLiLBiG (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Port isn't that good they don't have that much good players they can't always realie on nani and ronlado
Diemannschaft (Chelsea) 3 years ago
? Uh unless your portuguese I would not be talking at all. Portugal IS a good team and they have improved a lot since the last idiot coach queiroz was in charge. Bento has turned us into a organized team again and a force to be wreckoned with, not saying were going to win the next euro or wc but we have potential.
Jbadge (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Didn't portugal beat the world champions by 4 goals recently? I'd say that's pretty good
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 2 years ago
This nonsense coming from a Mexican
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You meant from a Mexican lol
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Portugal is very good but not great like Spain, Brazil and so on.... But Portugal can beat any of those teams when they are at their best as they did to Spain last year
Chelo (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Portugal can be the best team in the world, we just lack a Striker....

-------------Rui Patricio-------------
Bosingwa---Pepe---Carvalho----Coentrao
---------------Veloso------------------
Moutinho------------------Meirelles
Nani--------------------------Ronaldo
----------? ----------------

We're one striker away from greatness.

Anyway, even w/o a striker we're better than teams like France, England, Holland, Argentina etc.
That is a good Line up
Stealthnet (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Personally I want Quaresma back to play in both portuguese ligua and the national team. If someone knows the national team coach please let him know that, until then, all coaches are not good
I want him to play for Porto again!
Phorce16 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Portugal Vs Cyprus 2morrow!....come on Portugal can't slack off like you did last time.

Has anyone heard back from Ricardo Carvalho?!
Supposedly he left training yesterday because he wasnt selected by the Coach to play in the 1st team. Whether this is the real reason behind his absence I dunno....

Any predictions? .... I reckon 3-0 to portugal
Freddyboy13 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
What a heck of a match! Simply awesome! CR7 proves his greatness yet once again! Superb start to this season, he is definitely gona be super awesomely rcking this season! Lets hope portugal finally go on to gain super glory this year!
Superp match for CR7!
He is such a good player
Porkncheese77 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hi. Can anyone explain where the term "selecao" came from.

All I know is that portugal and brazil call their national teams this and it translates to "the selection"
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 2 years ago
"Seleção" technically means (Selection) in Portuguese. Brazil was originally colonized by Portugal and their official language therefore is Portuguese.

In regards to sports(in this case Football) I'll try to explain to the best of my ability, when it comes to international competitions not only Brazil & Portugal, but also any other Country that speaks the same language (Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Angola.... Etc) Tends to refer their national teams as (Seleção Nacional) Selection of players from the same nationality.

I hope I have been of some help
Lol
We have to win this game mates! Good luck!
2-0 maybe?
Hopefully something like that
Phorce16 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
We have got to step up to the plate and put in a couple of good performances!    Forca portugal!  
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Ronaldo
Jogafutebol (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Unfortunately that was a terrible match to watch. No connection with the passes, no flow, hardly any chances and a horrible field. Good luck with the next match. Hope you guys make it

Kick4Life - changing lives through football