Forums / Portugal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Portugal Chat
Marioartwell (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Nani you will truely be missed
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Nani will not play against Ivory Coast, but he will play against Brazil and North Korea!

Link: msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/Portuga...
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
That's not good for Portugal, Ivory Coast have a big chance of beating Portugal with or without Drogba...
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Sorry but I think Ivory Coat will be beating you guys today, 2-1. Especially because Nani is injured.... Drogba is going to be okay by the way...
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
First half of Ronaldo was a bit.... Whiny from his side. After each contact looking to the ref to get a free kick. And with this ref that didn't give a good impression, it might have ended bad for Ronaldo.
Awesome shot in the 11th minute, nothing to see from him in the second (yet, it's 78th minute now).
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Did you here that Christiano Ronaldo recently visited Nelson Mandela? Ronaldo tripped himself and Mandela recieved a yellow card for the incident
Astropeak (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hahahaha.... Too funny!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
LOL he said the same thing in the Cote D Ivory chat, LOL!
Astropeak (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I don't mind being substituted in the place of Nani
P. S. Damn, we were so close to lose.... When Drogba came in the last minute and took a crack on the goal I thought it was going in but he instead fell.... And the ball swerved out of bounds. He had a very good chance to scoring, but oh well....

Brazil vs. Portugal coming up in a week or so.... Good luck Portugal
You gonna' need it
On Monday [C.] Ronaldo has to score!

CR9 is one of the best players IN THE world, even if you don't like him, deep inside they know he is a good player.

So why the **** does he dive, cry and complain the whole game? This is the world cup! Everyone is watching. If CR9 wants to play good in the world cup he has to stop crying the whole game and just play!

Don't get me wrong I think CR9 one pf the best players in the world but he has to stop diving
Premoli (Werder Bremen) 4 years ago
Nice game portugal.
And. Korea played a good first half.
Very entertaining game.
Portugal showed their class in the second half.
If you let them play they are so strong.
For sure one of the best games so far
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It is 6:0 for Portugal !
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
7:0 !
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Lol@ronaldo's goal! Good game portugal...
Moussinho (Valencia) 4 years ago
I really can’t understand Portugal in this game. If they win, they win the group and don’t play Spain in the next round. If they lose, they get the same fate as if they had tied. So, why play for a tie? The competitive spirit of some of these countries is lacking or distorted. Algeria, for example, playing for a tie when they had to win and now Portugal, with nothing to lose, playing as if their life depended on a point.
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Well that was a strange performance but maybe they did not have more to give they were up against quality especially Brazil's defence it's not that easy to crack to be honest
Well.... All I have to say to you is good luck...
Well played
AidanLuca (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
They really did do well
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Spain booked their place in the quarterfinals today, with a comfortable 1-0 victory over Portugal. The score did not fairly reflect the balance of play, as Spain dominated the game from start to finish. Portugal started the game with a very attacking line-up, with striker Hugo Almeida supported in wide positions by Cristiano Ronaldo and Simao. Yet Portugal's coach, Carlos Queiroz, sent his team out with one thing in mind: sit back and defend. Portugal got 10 men behind the ball at every opportunity and looked to stifle the Spanish attack. Up until the 63rd minute, when David Villa finally broke the deadlock to put Spain ahead, the tactic worked very well. Spain were frustrated in their attempts to breach the Portuguese wall of defensed, and they were limited in their genuine goal scoring attempts. The main problem for Portugal was that such a defensive mindset minimized the impact of their best player, Cristiano Ronaldo. The Real Madrid star has rarely looked like re-creating his club form for his country at the World Cup, and it is no wonder given the tactics Portugal employed. Ronaldo needs to play in a system that allows him to take advantage of his natural abilities. One of the most gifted wingers in the game, he has the speed, both with and without the ball, to glide past defenders. He possesses a fearsome shot, yet rarely gets the opportunity to use it from open play. Queiroz needs to shoulder the blame for that, because his team is set up not to lose, rather than to win. Some will argue that Portugal were outmatched against Spain, who have arguably the most complete squad of players at the World Cup. That is a legitimate argument, but it doesn't explain why Portugal employed the same tactics against Cote d'Ivoire, a far inferior team to Spain. Others will argue that it is down to Ronaldo to have an impact on the game. I would counter that argument with the fact that football is a team game, and it takes a team effort to attack effectively, rather than relying on the skill of one individual. Truth be told, when Portugal play tougher opposition, they rarely set up their team to try to win games, as they are much more content playing the role of spoiler. While this may be an effective strategy in the short term, it negates the impact of Ronaldo, and until Queiroz (or his eventual replacement) realizes this, I fear we will never see the best of Ronaldo while he is wearing a Portuguese jersey
RealFan (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Sorry I know I'm a bit late on posting this comment
Amror123 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Seems copy pasted to me
Moussinho (Valencia) 4 years ago
John619 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
THAT IS amazing And My favourite team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football