Forums / Portugal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Portugal Chat
TheN4Sr (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
OK portugal! LETS OWN THE playoffs. They have to make it to the world cup! A team with so much potential, lets go portugal!
Woooooohoooooo.... It's going down @ the World Cup! Felicitações Portugal. Faz muito melhor sua defesa aparecem!
AceManDoC7 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Portugal to be the next world cup winners
Mohdovais (Barcelona) 4 years ago
"Portugal to be the next world cup winners"

If and only if they got easily through their quarter-final, semi-final, and final of World Cup.

This is possible only when Portugal will give a good fight to their opponent by winning the matches, not lost or either draw.

Go Portugal go!
[account-removed] 4 years ago
It was an ok game
Portugal have much to improve before they even think about keeping up with the competition.

Knowing FIFA's faith in Ronaldo and the ultimate amount of viewers they'll get, they'll put Portugal in a mild group that should atleast put them through the knockout stages. They've already done it when they were to play Bosnia (no disrespect).

Ronaldo has never been able to carry Portugal through on his own, but what's stopping the faith? Lets go Portugal
Is [C.] ronaldo the captain.... If he is then Portugal is the best
LOL nice man, I'm jjust hopin theyll have a star on their crest by the end of the summer ;P
Any word on the Pepe injury anyone? Is it serious?
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Pepe fell to the turf on 44' and was carried off the pitch on a stretcher with tears in his eyes. The first examination has determined that he has suffered possible ligament damage to his right knee, but more tests are scheduled for Sunday
JohnyBaba (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Yeh! Its very hard to say but its fact, He is out for 6 months....
Jusbruno (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Come on Tuga.... Next world cup we shall have a few mature players to think about playing.... Still their is no I in team but individual performances are a part of the game....come on Tuga
Agreed
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Portugal is the best!  
Portugal is an amazing team.... Now that CR9 is captain
SnowMoon34 (Sporting CP Lisbon) 4 years ago
Podemos ir longe na Copa do Mundo se mantivermos focados e sentimos que podemos vencer todos! Vamos para Portugal oh melhor abençoe !
My World Cup Predictions
//Two teams listed per group for battle of dominance//

• Group A •
South Africa vs France (With exception to France's poor performance of late.... They still have a strong promising team)

• Group be •
Korea vs Nigeria (Sorry Messi & Tevez can't do it alone for Argentina)

• Group see •
England vs Algeria (England by far, no bias I'm not English)

• Group D •
Ghana & Germany (Germany will always perform, but I'm going for Ghana here)

• Group E •
Netherlands vs Cameroon (Denmark is not bad, but Netherlands are destined for semifinals)

• Group F •
Italy vs New Zealand (I foresee New Zealand pulling an upset to head up against Italy, in which they have no chance lol)

• Group G •
Brazil vs Côte d'Ivoire (Sorry but Carvalho's a f*ck up & the Portugal coach doesn't know how to work with Nani, Almeida, Samao, and Ronaldo)
— I won't get my hopes up but I better be proved wrong!

• Group H •
Spain.... No need to list another team
PortoDragon (FC Porto) 4 years ago
About last predictions on WC groups:

Grp A - I agree. But Mexico and Uruguay always play their blood on the pitch. Very Hard group even for france!

Grp be - I disagree. Arg has a very strong team with a very crazy coach. They are always strong in WCup. But who knows? They can either win by 5-0 or lose 5-6. 2 place nigeria.

Grp see - I agree. English players are thirsty and with capello discipline and tatics will get them to semi-finals. 2 place USA

Grp D - Ger & Ghana

Grp E - I agree. Exciting group with so many diferent styles of football. I support positive teams that play with passion for the game. 1 - Nederlands 2 - Cameroon

Grp F - I disagree a little with Nzealand bet. Just think about paraguay and slovakia's qualifications and compare it with NZ's.... 1 - italy 2 - paraguay

Grp G - I disagree. Insulting an european champion, a glourious defender doesn't take yu anywhere. He has a curriculum man! Get real! He's a professor of defending. Anyway about the group G. It's the G point of the World Cup. The orgasm of football. Portugal is always a mess in quals. But they always kick ass in final rounds. Brazil the All-mightys they win even with H1n1 flu! 1 - Portugal 2 Brazil both with 7 points

Grp H - Spain are the favorites. They have a super-team but in big competitions(except last Euro2008) they always screw things up. For second I go for Switzerlandia....

Play-offs? Lets see if we can find a winner!?
Great take!

Mexico will play hard, there's no doubt. I can't wait to see them compete. Argentina is looking good with Higuain in the lineup. Messi and Tevez are in form, so it should be exciting.

The whole New Zealand bet for Group F is definitely a hunch with no quality assessment attached. I just know, in every tournament there's one wild card team that so happens to pull an upset and reach further along than expected. After their current loss to Mexico (great team), I still feel NZ will come from nowhere and give Paraguay & Italy unexpected competition.

As for Group G, I really do hope Carvalho picks his game up because I know he's a key defenseman. I wish Portugal to win the Cup, but its simply a laughing matter when you consider their performance of late. Ronaldo's a beast with his conditioning in La Liga. I guess I'm just hard on the people I expect better from. Their current win against China was well fought. However, more is expected of them as they will face more disciplined teams from within their group.

My heart is with Portugal & USA, but my bet is with Spain, England, or Netherlands. Hard to narrow down at the moment, but I'm sure two of those three will be at the finals. I don't think Italy or Brazil will repeat, but Italy has a reputation of owning out of nowhere
If CR9 and Portugal wins the world cup this year and CR9 becomes player of the year in 2011, I think CR9 will become better then marodona
Amror123 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Whats portugal's fifa wolrd ranking?
Bmats (Chelsea) 4 years ago
3rd
I'm ecstatic to see it, but my honest gut feels they should be ranked under Italy or Germany! Just being honest.    Hell, go Portugal!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football