Denmark V Portugal, Jun 13
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It should have been a draw, both teams dun deserve to lose
Marmitton (Monaco) 1 year ago
Denmark's jerseys are pretty cool!
Thepredestrian (Arsenal) 1 year ago
That's when the cliche 'style without substance is nothing' becomes appropriate
Egarran 1 year ago
I would call the Portuguese diving style pathetic and unfair if I didn't know it would make portuguese fans beam with pride and joy.    
Pedrocas12 (Benfica Lisbon) 1 year ago
Again, did you watch the same game as me? Your tv must be different than mine. Where did you see diving? Oh, wait I guess you mean Ashley Young, sorry you are right
Egarran 1 year ago
You're from Portugal? Maybe that's why you can't see it, but generally, the Portuguese players are a lot more fragile than their opponents. I suppose it's not so strange that what looks sad to me, looks normal to you
Delanyd (Liverpool) 1 year ago
How was that not a red card for Meireles? An intentional hand ball when if he didn't touch it, the Denmark player would have been one on one with the goal keeper. I so wanted Portugal to lose that one, nearly deaded laughing when Ronaldo missed that chance. Hahahaha
Pedrocas12 (Benfica Lisbon) 1 year ago
You idiot, the player wouldnt be on one to one so never a red card. Also keep laughing about Ronaldo, as we proved to everyone, Portugal is not only Ronaldo, even when he misses 2 seaters like yesterday we won. You know what I laughed my heart out? When Rooney got the yellow card and then 2 suspension games, that just made me laugh so hard. Brilliant. Go Portugal we will win it, I love it when everyone else just undermine us
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
The best game of the Euros for me. Brilliant attacking football from both sides. Portugal are still in it but only just. Holland next game will be tough, while I expect Germany to beat Denmark comfortably. CR7 had a nightmare. Can't believe the amount of criticism he is getting. When you score 60+ goals all season, you can get a bad game down the road anytime. The good part is that he got himself in scoring positions. With the Dutch defence being so average, he has a chance to score soon
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Megastardom is a funny thing. Portugal wins an exciting match with five goals the somewhat better side against a dedicated Denmark, with lots of action and drama included. One of their players chokes twice in front of goal.

Now it's all about that player. And Lionel Messi
Soccerfaithful (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It's called obsession
Mad93 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
What a pathetic performance by CR7. With the amount of tap-ins, penalties, freekicks and long shots he scored in RM shirt, his one-on-one situation is bull crap.... He need to practice more on that regularly. -_-
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
The man hasn't missed a one on one situation the entire season and all of a sudden he needs to practice it...
Jigsawwill (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
He needs to practice? Oh my god, some of the crap that you people say is just ridiculous. Ronaldo just needs to stop thinking to much which is easier said than done. He plays free for Madrid but feels a lot of pressure when playing for Portugal
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
You can't "practice" for a one on one situation. Its a killer instinct that strikers have built in. Ronaldo is lethal in one on one situations but pressure gets to everybody. As good as he is, he is not a clutch player. He gets agitated very quickly if he doesn't get goals or calls. Last night was one of those pressure situations where he didn't deliver yet again. Varela saved his ass or else he would have been blamed for the draw
Ladino (Juventus) 1 year ago
Ronaldo is fast for his height, but he doesn't have blistering speed. Among sprinters he's average. He has excellent footwork, but most good defenders can stop him or at least impede his progress until backup arrives. He has a good free kick, when it actually works. He has a lot of shortcomings though, and those shortcomings are usually hidden by the fact that he has a clutch of world class players at RM that compensate for his shortcomings. Ronaldo could do with more than a slice of humble pie, he should eat the whole pie. He is no capatain, Bruno Alves should have been the captain because Ronaldo is not a true leader, he thinks too much of himself. And most importantly he has no class, unlike Messi who has true class. If he were a bit more humble people wouldn't give him such a hard time. Messi is classy, and he lets his feet do the talking, he performs well both with Barca and the Argentina team. For CR7's sake I hope he learns from Messi and grows up very quickly. If I were the coach I would have replaced him with Quaresma the last 20 minutes of the game
Soccerfaithful (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Ronaldo sucks with Portugal / Messi sucks with Argentina (I'm talking in actual competition) The same can be said for Messi about world-class players around him at Barça.

Please stop hating Ronaldo's guts, it's just annoying for people who actually care about the game. (If Ronaldo doesn't have class, than who really does apart for Messi?)
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Yes.... Messi showed alot of class when he kicked the ball on the faces of madrid supporters in the stands.... The women, children and elderly supporters must have been so happy to pay money so a professional could blast their faces open with his fraustration.... Ronaldo should learn from that and do the same.... In fact we all should.
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
@SoccerFaithful Messi won a Olympic gold medal for his country, so he did perform for his country, so lay off the cool aid my friend...
DavidUnited (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Both players never perform for their countries so
DavidUnited so the Olympics games or not worthy then? Why is England bothering to host it then? Being that you're are a Man UTD fan, as I said Messi did win is country a gold medal in 2008 olympics one of the few Gold Medal Argentina won in that tournament, Ronaldo and Portugal been to the Olympics which they fail to win, so this messi don't win anything for his country is not selling.... Messi also won the under 20 world cup for his country...
CheersMate 1 year ago
@SoccerFaithful
And you don't think Ronaldo got World Class players around him? You make it sound like he is doing all the work at Madrid - well that's a lie!
True facts:
Season 11/12 - Ronaldo -> 38 Games, 46 Goals, 12 assists, 264 shots.
Season 11/12 - Messi -> 37 Games, 50 Goals, 15 assists, 198 shots.
Now that's some numbers that really don't lie !
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Messi's "non-performance" for his country is only relative to his "performance" for club. Most people "feel" like he hasn't done anything for country because he has absolutely excelled for his club. Let's look at some facts:

Messi for Argentina:
Games: 70, Goals: 26, Assists: 21

The goals to matches ratio is quite bad considering what he does for Barcelona but if you consider the assists its over 50%. In addition to that Messi creates a lot of chances for which other players get the credit for an assist. He runs through defenders which opens up space for everyone else regularly. He doesn't get the assist but his trademark runs are lethal.

Messi has become a regular for the senior Argentina side since the last 5 years. Before that he wasn't the Messi we all know now. He wasn't used at his favorite CF position in Argentina for the longest time. Guardiola gave him the position and he started breaking records at Barca. He's doing a lot better now for Arg when he coach allows him to run the offense where he scores as well as creates goals.

I will agree that if Messi doesn't win the WC during his career, it would overshadow his status in the history of football but he has at least 2 more WC's to play. And the best part of it all is - he's getting better!
@Franky4 what do you expect Messi spend more time playing for Barcelona than Argentina...
7portugal (Sporting CP Lisbon) 1 year ago
Ronaldo semi final's world cup, semi finals euro, euro cup finals and this year he's going far and not this season the the last 2 seasons before he was top scorer and he won the league this year scoring the winning goal vs barca and he has scored in the last 3 games against barca and messi hasn't so shut up man.... Olympic goal medal haha? Who cares about that man that's a joke he was he done for his country other then that? The guy plays with the best players in the world both with argentina and barca and by this time in the copa america he was packing his little bags in front of his home croud and he still isn't winning he's a joke maybe if he left barca and proved himself somewhere else then he would get my respect
Evilev14 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Whats with every game so far. Not having the BBC video working
Is Messi Danish? Why was the Danish fans chanting Messi? He wasn't even apart of this game, goes to show you only those in Pourtugal thinks Ronaldo is better, after all the best football player from Portugal Eusebia said ''Messi was better''.... The other day Ronaldo said he deserves the player of the year award this time around, seriously? What's this guy problem? Ronaldo is a narcissist, only thinks about himself and believes the world of football revolves around him, So if Ronaldo going to used the Spanish title as a reason why he should win the player of the year then I will say lets give it to Man City Sergio Aquero for his amazing season and heroic goal winner in the last game, Ronaldo have been feeding off Ozil, Di Maria, Hiquain and Benzema all season, even yesterday the Portugal coach was pleading for Ronaldo to go back and help out in defence, I'm paraphrasing the Portugal coach '' Ronaldo needs a little more composure in front of goal.... ''
Tshane9 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Dude shutup, your comments make no sense
Sree (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Ronaldo is a class player, we all know his abilities. Evenif he doesn't perform in one match, one competition or even whole season, that didn't change the fact that. He is one of the best footballer in the world at least in this generation. That is enough said.coming to messi, Rolando both had their own advantages and disadvantages. They are unique and different from each other. Messi is beautiful player(his style and passing), where ronaldo is a complete player (with his free kicks, headers etc.)may be because thier back grounds(ronaldo from premier league known for physical play and messi spanish league known for the passing and stylish game). Some people here said that ronaldo feed off by benzema, higuain etc. That's not true he shared his tally of goals with all of them. Where as messi got all the goals from, xavi, iniesta, alves passing. Barcelona never had proper striker this year, whereas RM played with benzema, higuain most of the times still ronaldo is the top scorer. In epl he is top scorer playing along with rooney. So my point is messi is gifted player(skills), ronaldo is a class player with hard work.
So stop bullshitting about Ronlado
MarkoPollo (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
Ronaldo is a fantastic player. Probably the most "complete" footballer there is, maybe ever has been. He's very good at every skill and ability a footballer hopes to have.

However, he's not the best at any single attribute. He's fast, but not the fastest. He's strong, but not the strongest. He's a great dribbler, but certainly not the best. Fantastic heading ability, but again nothing unseen before. The list goes on.... He is very good at everything he does, but does not have one category in which I would consider him to be the best.
Sree (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
He is the best free kick taker in the world right now. And best at bullet headers and even tap ins
Name one player that scores more goals taking long range shots (including freekicks)!
Maaza (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Best free kick taker? Geez.... Juninho, Pirlo, Larsson, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Sneijder, Honda, etc. etc.... They all better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a good free kick taker but it's really absurd to say he's the best at it
Ronaldo scores about 4-5 freekicks (on average) every season which is more than these guys do :S
Maaza (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Ronaldo takes much more free kicks than these guys. I'm pretty sure there are several players that have a better conversion rate
CheersMate 1 year ago
Denmark had 60% ball possession through out the game. Everybody talks about Portugal being the best team, hmmm, not really. Raul Meireles should have been sent off. Ronaldo were a joke missing like that. Then Ronaldo cries about some fans shouting Messi !? So what? Its part of the game and yeah Messi IS better than you: realize it!

So the conclusion is Denmark: Great/Awesome(Bendtner) -- Portugal: Lucky/Tasteless(if it were a option).
PS: Thumps up to the danish fans for shouting Messi.... It was hilarious, good joke
Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 1 year ago
Haha ok possession means nothing if it does not turn to goal scoring opportunities. Portugal had more shots and more shots on goal. Therefore they gave themselves the better chance of winning
CheersMate 1 year ago
Haha but if that were true Holland should be winning all the time!
Ok, but Portugal finished their chances, so go suck a d-ick. Also, Germany had more shots on goal than did the Netherlands, so you are 0 for 2
CheersMate 1 year ago
Naahh, Holland actually had 14 shots against Germanys 11, so that 1-0 to me. If you take out Ronaldos epic fail shots, then Denmark had just as many chances, plus more accuracy, so that's 2-0 for(funny because, that's th same score Holland will beat Portugal with in their match up).

And please watch your language, it make you sound more stupid than I think you is
Do you know how to read, I said shots on goal, not shots. In case you do not know, shots need to be on goal in order to be goal scoring opportunities. Also, if you take out Ronaldo's opportunities, which makes no sense, Portugal would still have 4 more shots on goal. You should watch your logic, it makes you sound stupid, probably because you are
Also, Arsenal are only supported by whiny wankers
CheersMate 1 year ago
Since you haven't mentioned that Holland actually were the best team in the other match, I guess that you've admitted that I am right on that one. Sure Portugal had 6 on goal, Denmark 4. I still say that possession counts for something when you look at how the match went down. So I admit POR had more shoots on target.
But really bro, that negative attitude is kind of a no go, we are all in here because we love football not for all that hating
CheersMate 1 year ago
Arsenal have a very loyal fanbase. The best fans in the world
If by loyal you mean they complain all the time, I agree
CheersMate 1 year ago
I never complain, but Wenger does sometimes, but then again my little portuguese troll in boy, Lisbon fans must be the ones complaining, after all they only finished 4th place, beaten by Braga at 3th and miles away from the champions from Porto
Diemannschaft (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Hahaha, you are a huge slime-ball, Cheers mate !
@CheersMate; the fact that you keep hating on ronaldo in your comments just shows how biased you are as a fan. If you look at the best players of all time, they have all missed chances. It has happened all the time. How can you hate on athletes when they train 24/7 while you're sitting on a coach and drinking your beer?!
My point is, shut that whole of yours and respect any player that is willing to help his team out. And stop comparing players, it's stupid!
Shuriken (Benfica Lisbon) 1 year ago
@Cheersmate: Your arguments all come down to.... Sour grapes. If you understand just a liiiittle bit of football you know Portugal was unarguably the best team in that game. More and better chances beat ball possession everytime, it's not rocket science.... And since you're singling out Ronaldo's misses, what about Denmark's deffending in Postiga's goal? It honestly looked like they were in a soft training session, so yeah.... Also huge thanks for this gem: "it make you sound more stupid than I think you is. " Oh sweet sweet irony
NebexGun (Arsenal) 1 year ago
What's up with this "Dabowlski" s**t up here?
I honestly want to shoot all the people that keep comparing messi and ronaldo. Please stop it. It's really annoying. They're both excellent players with different characteristics. If ronaldo acted like messi, then he wouldn't be ronaldo.
Whoever is hating on messi or ronaldo, is just proving how stupid and selfish they are
Shoot**
GWcoo1 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
That last goal had some steam behind it.    Bendters header was amazing though.
Mercurialmatt (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
Now if only Bendtner played like that for Arsenal...
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Couldn't agree more

Kick4Life - changing lives through football