Forums / Portugal
Order: Newest / Oldest
Czech Republic V Portugal, Jun 21
Sree (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Its ronaldo again!
CR7terminator (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
He just can't help himself you may mark him with two defenders you may block his shots you may foul him but you can't stop his head  
CarlosZimmerman (Manchester United) 2 years ago
With the games coming thick and fast, Portugal will be happy that they didn't have to do this the hard way: by going into extra time. The one nil score line doesn't do justice to how one-sided this match was, and I can't see another quarter final being this one-sided. This may have given strength to the argument that adding an additional eight teams to the tournament may be a bad idea. Link: noeasyfootballblogsatthislevel.blogspot.co.uk...
Compadre (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Greece is gonna' have their ass handed to them
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Wow Meireles
Samrsenior (PSG) 2 years ago
Who is the idiot who puts the final score in the title?
Joe420x (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Easy old man
Portugal vs Petr Cech
No highlights for any czech skippers.... Tiz a shame. As a chelsea fan I wanted to see more of petr
Della (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Come on Portugal, Ronaldo is a beast, he came out of no where to score that goal, unbelievible.  Peter Cech was great by the way.
Jayash756 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Portugal look unstoppable with CR7 unleashed!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ronaldo, unstoppable!
Megadragao12 (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Grande Portugal. Nice goal by Ronaldo but I got5 mention Moutinho and fabio as well
MNUSA (Manchester City) 2 years ago
One of the premier league club should get T. Gebre Selassie of Czech. He is fast and really good crosser, maybe Manchester City, United, Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea, he'’ll fit in one of this club.
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He's signed for Werder Bremen
Vivastpauli (FC Sankt Pauli) 2 years ago
He looks promising indeed, as a wingback. As long as he doesn't make many crucial mistakes like when he let Ronaldo run past him to score...
Maufer (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Well done Portugal! Waisted way too many chances, still need to be more aggressive on the pitch! Still don't get why Postiga playing, and midfielders please don't hold the game! Still a bit unsure about the Subs Bento made! Ronaldo was on fire a bit "unlucky" but yes! You are the man, Nani great game, Coentrao "super input" Pepe "the animal" overall great performance! Keep it going and don't hesitate! WE CAN DO THIS! EURO 2012 for portugal!
These are the stats to end the debate ONCE AND FOR ALL lol wheather you like em or not hehe, Ronaldo vs Messi, I know, I know we all hate these, but what they hey!

1. Aerial threat: Ronaldo wins, Messi (aka danny devito) doesn't stand a chance!

2. Stamina: Messi wins, you need a whole squadron of defenders to bring this small guy down! Leading us to the next point, when they both fall and a free kick is given who is the goalie more scared of?!

3. FREE kick: This is Ronaldo's bread and butter! Messi isn't even tall enough to see the post above the wall hehe

4. Speed: To be honest, they both move at light blazing speed! DRAW!

5. Vision: Messi has the vision of freaking HAWK! An eagle eye master, he can make a pass from miles away! Dead accurate! Ronaldo can too, but Messi takes this one!

SO FAR A DRAW, Hey this is looking good, but this is where it gets interesting

5. Flair: Ronaldo takes this one for me, Messi has flair too don't get me wrong, but I mean Ronaldo has his own dribble skill called the 'Ronaldo Chop', it doesn't get any better than that for me. (this one is really debatable as Messi can dribble too)

6. Strength: Ronaldo wins: Ronaldo has a bigger build, simple as that

7. Agility: The ability to change your body position efficiently and effectively: Messi is a god in this aspect, Ronaldo doesn't stand a chance!

8. Acceleration: Messi gets off the mark faster than Ronaldo does, even though they may eventually attain the same maximum velocity/speed ! Messi wins

9. Aggression: Messi takes this for me (debatable though) not in terms of defending but in attacking mode, when Messi is with the ball his like a freaking hyena and he wades defenders off like his life depends on it!

10. Ball Control: have you seen Messi moving at top speed attacking?! The ball is magnetized to his leg like his leg is Iron and the ball is metal! Almost very un human to do! Ronaldo doesn't stand a chance here!

11 Long shots accuracy! This could be Draw! Both parties pack a punch when they shoot! (debatable though)

12 Curve/finesse: Draw!

13 Crossing: Ronaldo is both a natural winger and a lone striker! Ronaldo wins! Messi is not as good with the wings as Barcelona don't even play that way, they work their win into the 18!

14 Penalties: Ronaldo! Hands down! Ronaldo has taken more penalties for any team that he found himself than Messi has done for Barcelona

HEY A DRAW again! Wooot!

15 Volleys: Messi hands down! To hit a volley you need more stamina and stability, which Messi has plenty of! Messi wins hands down!

16. Finishing: This is one a lil bit tough, based on wikipedia:
Messi Career Total (club and country): 281 in 404 apperances, with
0. 7 goals per game

Ronaldo Career Total (Club and country); 305 in 564 appearances
With 0. 54 goals per game

Though Messi has a higher scoring rate per game, he is three years younger than Ronaldo and has appeared in lesser games, maybe he's scoring rate might drop! But purely and solely on this GOAL scoring stats alone Messi wins this one

SO IN conclusion, Messi scored more points of 2 more than Ronaldo by my scoring standards haha, but this doesn't MEAN MUCH. As you can see, Ronaldo is better than Messi in certain aspects and vice versa. Depending on the type of coach you are, and your attacking approach you may prefer Messi or Ronaldo on your squad.

I personally prefer Ronaldo because he is much taller, and thus a better aerial threat and a better free kick taker than Messi.

Hope this helps to settle the debate lol This is just my opinion and it can vary from person to person!

Cheers!

MyroomisMESSI (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Why did I just read all of that. I want some of my life back
Deco20k (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Me too lol  
Unmessievable (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What a clown
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Glad I didn't read the whole thing...
CheMaradona 2 years ago
So in conclusion, Torres is the best in the world....    
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Man, what you're saying don't make no sense Messi is a legend can't be compare to Ronaldo. It should be Messi vs Pele Vs Maradona
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Bro go Wikipedia Messi and Ronaldo and you see how dominant Messi is.... Lay of the meds though
Komeni (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Some valid points there...
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Messi is definetely the better player, no question bout that. But both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, it depends on how you make use of those advantages as a player and a coach. If you made use of them well, I would say they are equally effective and equally dangerous to their opponents. It is only my opinion, I may be wrong
Maaza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Playing too much FIFA?
Hahaha c'mon guys lol
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Great second half by portugal.... Poor czech's had nothing to answer with, ronaldo was fantastic once again!
Helardordeku (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Where are the hiiglights  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football