Forums / Portland Timbers
Order: Newest / Oldest
Los Angeles Galaxy V Portland Timbers, Apr 24
JensGall (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't think that was a penalty. The initial foul was made outside of the box. Weird the commentators didn't say anything about that...
Segaron (San Jose Earthquakes) 3 years ago
The initial contact happened right on the line.... Tough call but I think the official made the right call as it was a goal scoring opportunity because of the placement of the ball and where Donovan is in relation to the ball...
Alex703rockstar (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
It was a weak call anyway. Donovan hooks his leg around Danso's and grabs him as well. It's just as much a foul on him as it is on the defender.

Still, LA deserved this win through and through. They totally dominated
Well.... The Galaxy is back.... See you guys here in the Bay Area for the California Classico...
Elacksonen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Wow! Definitely goal of the week right there and what a great build up too! Too bad this site has a miserable top 5 goals of the week system
Jack23 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Nice win for the galaxy yo!
Sam (Juventus) 3 years ago
Demolition derby!
TheHerc (Portland Timbers) 3 years ago
Great win for the OLD guys….... Your fans pathetic attempt to chant and sing was hilarious… la…. Galaxy… la…. Galaxy… jesus crust just be your normal quiet selves. LA planeteers
The funny thing about this.... Our supporter group.... The 1906 Ultras have better chants than they do....

Wait till we open our brand new stadium and we'll make their supporters jealous.... It's hard to hear our guys chant because our stadium is open....

Hope our opening day is as grand as your opening day.... Much respect Portland....
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Portland got destroyed. I think they will bounce back though. Landon Donovan was obviously the difference
Jw2585 (Portland Timbers) 3 years ago
Yeah, the scoreline is ugly.... BUT I was happy with how they created a few quality chances despite being outmatched. We kind of ran into a buzz saw (pun intended) with the Galaxy playing lights out soccer for most of the match. We'll be fine, it's coming together. Loved seeing and hearing our supporters on the road.completely drowned out the home crowd at times
Don't compare your supporter group to LA.... Their supporter group down there sucks...
I wasn't comparing
Great finish.... But at 1:28 did he use his arm to control that ball?
It was all shoulder...
Halvo10 (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Great game from LA! Finally, Donovan gets his first 2 goals of the season...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football