Forums / Perspolis
Order: Newest / Oldest
Saba V Perspolis, Dec 23
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Very entertaining game with two beautiful goals
Siyavosh2002 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It kinda looks like goalkeepers really suck in Iran
MattMurdock (Los Angeles Galaxy) 5 years ago
I totally agree Siyavosh the crowd looks intensely involved, but too bad the goalkeepers don't at all. In fact they look they barely have any idea what is going on around them
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The Reds boss fielded a strong side for the trip to a Championship team that has only won once at home all season with Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard in the starting line-up.

However, Simon Church opened the scoring and it took a fortunate equaliser from Gerrard to force a draw - and add to the Merseysiders' fixture congestion.

"It was a difficult game for us, " conceded Benitez. "The most positive thing is we have another chance at Anfield because, at times, it did look like it would be one of those FA Cup shocks.

"Reading played really well - at a high level, considering they were in front of the TV cameras and against Liverpool. It was a massive boost for them and you could see they were trying their best.

"We tried to do our best with a strong team. I started with Gerrard and Torres because the FA Cup is important to us.

"We know it's one of the only trophies we can win now. The FA Cup and Europa League is all we have to go for so it's very important to us.

"Hopefully things will be better for us at Anfield because I was disappointed with our performance. We had some good movements and bad movements - but you have to credit Reading. They were pushing and working so hard.

"Our club wants to win trophies so we have to progress and win games like this.

"Today, we were not good enough to win it.

"I am disappointed because we don't want to play more games and the replay will be after we play Tottenham in the league.

"We need to work harder and play better. We have important games coming up to win, or else we won't win these trophies or get better in the league. "

Kick4Life - changing lives through football