Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Bestess Christmas Prezzie
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
A few south american football jerseys that my brother bought over while he was holidaying
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Bet you were not expecting them ayyam, you can impress your mates with them
Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Didn't really get much good stuff my fave prez was Modern warfare 3
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Got a nice United scarf from my aunt and a USA Away Jersey. Also some really delicious coffee
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Yep I got all the usually christmas prezzies, after shaves, slippers, cd's, even a retro man utd mouse mat with all the old players and old programmes emblazoned on it, but my best prezzie was a ticket to the noel gallagher gig in belfast in febuary, I'm really stoked up for that one.
So whats your best prezzie?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Best pressie this year was a bunch of Liverpool stuff my brother in law collected when he was over watching a match in Anfield.... Its a match programme, used ticket stub, and an official shirt with the prem logo from the gift shop.... I almost fell out of my chair when I opened it

I expected the Stevie G biography and got a motherload of LFC gear
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Nice one, its always great getting a really good surprise.  Seems like me and you were the only one's santa visited ant?
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think we both know the rest of them have been very naughty
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
As Ant speculated, I have been very naughty. So I got handcuffs from my girlfriend.

Nah, I am a history buff, and I got a book about Sagalassos from my sister & brother in law. Sagalassos was a major city in the centre of modern-day Turkey and has a turbulent history, where high peaks (Sagalassos as the centre of trade in luxury goods in the Roman era) were going hand-in-hand with deep lows (sacking and looting after the Roman era) as is often the case with rich cities.

Also got the 'Gnome Wesley' book, which are absurd (but hilarious) adventures of a badly drawn gnome that is usually angry with the world and has a disliking for everything. Ant, I'm sure you'd love it.

Edit: I've translated one page of the book I found online:

Right click and open in a new tab to have a better view

Kick4Life - changing lives through football