Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
WTF Is Going On In London?
Peteko 2 years ago
For three days now, buildings burned, stores looted and destroyed, riots, arrests.

Will this affect the stadia?

Is all this justifiable?
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 2 years ago
No excuses but with everyone commiting crimes they feel, that the odds of getting caught are slim. Olimpics still next year
Peteko 2 years ago
I guess it is affecting football.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/front_page/14454137.stm...

Stop THE madness please! There are no winners from looting and burning
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Riots are never ever good, but sometimes they have a reason. At least these aren't riots that resulted from a sporting event or something stupid like that. They never help anything I agree, and it's really sad to see it going on. I am pretty sure that riots have started in Toxteth, Liverpool and in Birmingham as well. People just stay safe, can somebody from England tell my why people are rioting. I heard that the riots in London started as a result of somebody getting killed by police, than things just tend to snowball and feed off the energy riots create I guess. Scary stuff, take care and I hope not too many people are hurt or lose their home or business
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Friends there have told me it was a result of the police killing somebody during a struggle or something like that, and people may have thought the officer was racist.

I can't be certain since I'm not there, but all I know is that riots are never good and they interfere with football D:
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Your right kaden as much as the cops did shoot someone dead, but they stopped him in a mini cab and he was carrying a gun, so they shot him.
The guy was a wannabe gangsta as they call themselves.
Its not as if the trouble is about him, as the spot where he was shot there was only three floral tributes laid down for him, so he wasnt mr popular, it seems someone started a protest about what happened, and his criminal friends have taken advantage of his death to steal and cause disruption all over the country, its organised crime
Peteko 2 years ago
Well, certainly this is not good for the image of London with the Olympics in sight. Let's hope that by then this all thing is forgotten.
There must be also a widespread sense of desperation that breeds senseless riots. As organized crime alone would not be enough to stir this much trouble. Especially extend it to a number of other cities.
Be safe!
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Its spread all the way up the country and i've even heard of riot police preparing for trouble in Glasgow, sooner or later they are gonna' call in the army and the sooner the better in my opinion, there is no justification for the amount of damage they have caused, this is peoples homes and lives they are destroying and its not on! Its got totally out of control and needs to be stopped!
David Cameron had to cancel his holiday the poor guy eh, sunning himself in Cancoon had to stop so he could come back and witness the madness!
Ya it's really crazy I heard something about the riots basically spreading all over urban England, that's scary stuff. Surely there is no reason behind it now it is all just momentum and energy carrying over, I just really hope people can avoid getting hurt or worse killed. Violence I guess can act like wildfire or something, it spreads very quickly and is almost impossible to control. It's very sad and sickening, you wonder what the motivation is behind it? There is always a level of civil unrest I guess it just spilled over, that is the monster capitalism creates, people have always talked about it. You have people with all this wealth, and people with very little, getting backed into a corner, eventually they just react I suppose.

It's very worrying though and I wish people to be safe. Violence isn't the way, push peace
As for the football, as much as a I love it, when there is something like this going on it doesn't seem too important. People are losing their homes and there is so much destruction maybe football can act as a solace of sorts, at the same time what better environment for a riot to start than a football match?
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Its not all bad.    
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 2 years ago
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He really just compared Clapham with Syria, laugh-out-loud! One group of people are fighting for basic human rights, the others for trainers and HD TVs
Peteko 2 years ago
Maybe some people think HD TV is a basic human right. Then you have no contradiction there. Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football