Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why Not Cricket?
Aimee (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
I want to know why footballers play football over cricket? Why do you pick up a football over a cricket set when you go to the park/beach.... Etc?
Do you think that cricket is a good game? Give me some views, let's have a discussion!
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Good another female that will give dali another friend
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
And she has the sense to be a spurs supporter too
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
May be multitasking
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Cricket is the dumbest game on earth IMO.... I am indian though....
Mohdovais (Barcelona) 4 years ago
About cricket:
These are the countries which are called as
Full Members for Cricket:
1. Australia.
2. Bangladesh
3. England
5. India
6. New Zealand
7. Pakistan
8. South Africa
9. Sri Lanka
10. West Indies
11. Zimbabwe

Where as these countries as
Top Associate/Affiliate Members for Criiiiiiiiiicket:
1. Afghanistan
2. Canada
3. Ireland
4. Kenya
5. Netherlands
6. Scotland
Total 17 countries.

So my mates I wanted to ask you that
1.) How many country play for the qualification of the Cricket World Cup?
2.) How many country actually play the world cup and how many groups are there in World Cup for cricket?

About football:
Six regional confederations are associated with fifa; these are:
1.) Asia
2.) Africa
3.) Central/North America & Caribbean
4.) Europe
5.) Oceania
6.) South America
Total: FIFA has 208 member associations. So I think all of them play soccer.

208 is almost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>17.

So my mates again I wanted to ask you that
1.) How many country play for the qualification of the Fifa World Cup?
2.) How many country actually play the Fifa World Cup and how many groups are there in Fifa World Cup?

Hope the answers will get you the huge difference between football and cricket.

That is why footballers play football over cricket.

We pick up a football over a cricket set when we go to the park/beach, as it make ourself enjoyable.
Simply think that when we are single any where on the beach or elsewhere what we do with football first thing is that we juggle, but when we are single any where on the beach or elsewhere with Cricket bat, what we are going to do?

All the fields game are good, as they keeps person healthy!

Well first of all cricket is so boring it just takes alot of time. 20/20 is alright though. I hate test cricket it is terrible it take about a over to get a run when football is fastflowing and action packed
Football is a good sport just as cricket.

Two European teams clashing in the final is rather a tame affair — it is like two teams from the neighbourhood playing soccer in the local park. That’s why I prefer cricket, because a cricket match becomes interesting — and fierce — when two neighbours play.

But then, I know you hate cricket and you are probably more familiar with Manchester United than Lancashire. By ‘you’, I mean readers who not only love football but also hate cricket, and it is to them I am presenting my case.

Cricket, its critics always say, is a game of chance. One moment you hit a six, and the next moment you are out. Cricket, they might love to quote George Bernard Shaw, “is a game played by 22 fools and followed by 22,000 fools.” But for me, it is a far more pleasant sight to watch two men chasing a small ball than two men trying to wrest control of a much bigger ball. The former act is gentlemanly, while the latter is roguish. If I were a woman — especially an Indian woman — I would fall for a ball-chaser than a ball-grabber.

Moreover, the dramatist’s namesake, George Orwell, has referred to football as a sport that is “bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting.”

Orwell said this in his 1945 essay, “The Sporting Spirit”. Not that he was particularly lenient towards cricket. Said he: “Even a leisurely game like cricket, demanding grace rather than strength, can cause much ill-will, as we saw in the controversy over body-line bowling and over the rough tactics of the Australian team that visited England in 1921. Football, a game in which everyone gets hurt and every nation has its own style of play which seems unfair to foreigners, is far worse.

But at least he acknowledged the grace of cricket. That is why I love cricket. Did I hear you saying that it is just a game of chance? I was coming to that. True, cricket can be a game of chance. Imagine a bowler coming in to bat when his team is 295 for nine and the target is 300. And he is facing the last bowl of the last over. He blindly swings the bat without even seeing the ball and in the process hits a six. His team has won! Alternatively, he could have been clean bowled and his team would have lost. That's a matter of chance. But it is certainly not a matter of chance that his team could put together a total of 295.

If you still insist that cricket is a game of chance, then what is penalty shoot-out in football? Two teams, as in 22 men, kick a ball around for nearly two hours, and still no goal is scored. Victory is, finally, decided by the ability of their respective goalkeepers to stop the ball, kicked by a member of the opposing team from only a few yards away, from reaching the goal. The predicament of the goalkeeper, in such a nail-biting moment, is no different from that of the no. 10 batsman coming out to face the last ball of the match. It's a do or die situation for them.

But such a do-or-die situation is more frustrating in football, because the penalty shoot-out happens only after the two teams have settled the match between themselves — 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and so on — in front of millions of spectators. But since there can be only one winner, the penalty shootout brings about an artificial result on the basis of five kicks each.

Can it get more frustrating? Ask the Argentinian team, which was kicked out of the tournament even though it was eyeball to eyeball with the Germans. Ask David Beckham, whose years of stardom climaxed into a disgraceful exit as the England captain after his team lost to Portugal on the basis of penalty shootout. In short, the penalty shootout makes you the loser even when you have not lost a match. It reduces a fiercely-fought match into a game of chance.

That's why I prefer cricket. In any case, football matches are awfully short: they get over even before you can finish your drink or popcorn. Cricket matches, on the other hand, suit the lazy Indian temperament. They are like family picnic: you take it easy the whole day but still manage to do your own thing in between overs.

Nine reasons why football is better than cricket.

1. A bad football match lasts only 90 minutes. A bad Test match lasts five days. Five days!
2. Jose Mourinho. If cricket had an outspoken character like the Chelsea boss, maybe we'd sit up and take a bit more interest.
3. Football is truly a global game. You can't say the same of cricket, a sport which isn't taken seriously in either mainland Europe or the Americas.
4. Cricket is way too complicated – you wouldn't want to drop the rulebook on your foot. Football, by contrast, is gloriously simple.

5. The Aussies are brilliant at cricket but pretty crap at football (despite overperforming at the World Cup). Let's keep it that way, or us Brits will never, ever hear the end of it.
6. You get giant-killing shocks in football, all the time. That doesn't happen in cricket – the best team usually wins. Yawn, too predictable.
7.compare the huge gulf in attendances between Premiership matches and county cricket matches. Thousands of people can't be wrong… (can they?)
8. Cricket just isn't funny enough. For every great goal, football offers up a comedy howler like this…

Link: www.youtube.com/v/1csQG0ZciFQ&hl=en&fs=1&...
9. Graham Poll. Cricket needs more bungling officials. Bring back Dickie Bird!
Nice.... Love the 9 reasons, anyone else got a reponse?  
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
"But for me, it is a far more pleasant sight to watch two men chasing a small ball than two men trying to wrest control of a much bigger ball. The former act is gentlemanly, while the latter is roguish. "

Ragarsha, even though I don't agree with a lot of it, that might just be the most intelligent and best presented argument I have ever read on footytube. Somebody give this man a handshake or something. Two thumbs up
Thanks man
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Genius!
But what about the non elite game? Recreational cricket, why don't you play it in the park?
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
It's boring . If you love Cricket way more than Footy why do you waste your time here?
She should go to crickettube.com lol
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
s**t, crickettube is actually a real site...
Looooooooooooooool
Mohdovais (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Also give her crickytube.com its too the best site....      Haha
Phearos (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Hey football is more of team game cricket is more individual. Even if one player plays well he wins ga, me in cricket unlike football
What about if a Keeper doesn't play well will they be winning the match
[account-removed] 5 years ago
I'd say you get more pros playing cricket just through the love of the game than football since the average county player doesn't earn anywhere close.... That's where footballs weakness lies, we don't have enough genuine players anymore who stick it through when they're team is in trouble, its all about the money, specially with the new kids coming through
Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
Cricket is in desperate need of an overhaul in order for it to appeal to the youth of today. Perhaps taking the vowels out of the word and calling it crckt would snare some of them? Also a few rule changes.
1) Each team must be forced to field one monkey player.
2) One delivery in each over must use a filled water balloon instead of the regulation ball. Or perhaps an egg.
3) No more protective pads or helmets are permitted.
I'm sure there are more ideas that can be implemented but these are the first ones I would personally like to see

Kick4Life - changing lives through football