Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Would Have Thought A Scotsman Could Play Tennis!
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I just want to say a big congratulations to Andy Murray on reaching his 3rd grand slam final and 2nd consecutive Australian Open final lets hope he can go one better than last year and bring it home for the Scots!

Many English have no respect for Andy Murray after he said he would support anyone but England at the world cup although it was just a joke and the reporter stitched him up, most of them enjoy seeing him fail so I hope this is his year and he finally wins a grand slam!

Final at 8. 30am British time Murray v Djokovic

Not sure how many people on here will watch Tennis but i'll be watching!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Yep, i'll be cheering andy from the comfort of my duvet, giving out big zzzzz's.... Lol.
Naa, i'll watch it later, I'm not a big tennis fan, but british interest gets me interested, but that's too early for me.
I hope andy breaks his duck with these grand slams, heres another chance for one.
Maybe if he can win this one, he will go on to bigger things
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I was a Federrer fan (hewitt pissess me off), but now I'm starting to like Bernard Tomic. Also this is the first grand slam final in 24 grand slams that either Federer or Nadal hasn't been in
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
But yeah I'm going for Murray, Djokvic pissess me off, but personally i'd rather they stab each other.)
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Just remembered about this thread when my boy Andy Murray became the first Brit to reach a Wimbledon final since Fred Perry 74 years ago!

Andy has been in 3 grand slam finals already and has yet to win a single set, so I don't hold much hope that he'll be able to defeat Federer, but I will keep the faith until the last ball is hit!

On yerself muzza!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
He has every chance of winning this final methinks.
Scottish when he loses, british when he does well.... Lol.... Typical.

Never hurry a murray
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Never knew this thread existed. Go Murray! Well played against Tsonga yesterday.

And Nadal- losing so early to an unheard of player, who would have thought of that?

Cheers to tomorrow's final!
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Damn it should be an interesting Final. Make GB proud Murry
2 US Open Finals, 2 Australian Open Finals and a Wimbledon Final!

Finally last night Andy Murray won his first Grand Slam title and in spectacular fashion, I stayed up till 2. 30am watching an epic final!

The first Briton to win a Grand Slam in 76 years and it's great to be able to stick 2 fingers up at the people who said he would never win one!

A gold medal at the Olympics and now a Grand slam winner add that to the Wimbledon final and it's been a great year for Andy Murray!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I sat and watched it john, and he "was" getting coached by no other than SAF himself, every time murray looked towards the family box where his coach, mum, girlfriend and fergie etc; were housed, fergie was seen telling him to calm down.... Lol
He musta got the hair dryer after that fourth set.... Lol
I saw him up there right enough, so was Sean Connery watching on, Andy didn't fail to disappoint, I suppose he didn't fancy meeting SAF after the game if he'd lost so was time to up his game! Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football