Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What's Your Favourite Biscuit?
4 years ago
With the World Cup fast approaching, its time to get the important things organised in good time for the coming feast of football.

Obviously, I'm talking about the drinks and snacks that will be consumed whilst slouched in front of the telly for the next four weeks.

It goes without saying that the drink/snack combination of choice for the later games will be some kind of cold lager or beer, coupled with a savoury nibble - a bag of pork scratchings, for example.

However, whilst loading the van up at my local Tesco's with crates of Stella and various cholestrol heavy, overly processed salty treats, I realised that I had seriously overlooked one important thing - the 12.30, early afternoon kick-offs.

Now, starting drinking at lunch time is not something I would normally shy away from so quickly, but with back to back games for the 1st week of the tournament, I'm not sure that my rapidly ailing and battle hardened body can take the pace anymore.

Which of course, leads me to the conclusion that, whilst the 3pm and 730pm matches are fair game for boozathons, the 1230pm slot should be reserved for a slightly more refined, British custom. I refer, clearly, to the cup of tea/biscuit combination.

So, onto the conundrum of which biscuit to buy - a difficult choice that I ultimately narrowed down to a top 3 (I shall not go into my selection methods, as that would probably involve a whole new website detailing the FA cup style knockout system used).

So, to cut an already-long-story-short, here are my top 3, and I look forward to hearing yours.

1) The Milk Chocolate Hob Nob

It can never be plain, and certainly can never be the dark chocolate variety, Ladies and Gentlemen, the king of biscuits, the World Cup Winner, the often copied but never beaten, the one and only, quintessentially English, biscuit of champions, the Milk Chocolate Hob Nob.

2) The Foxs Classic

Whilst beaten fairly and squarely, and need I say comprehensively, nevertheless the runner up is still a tremendous force in the world of biscuits, and quite rightly merits its place in the biscuit tin. Not that I have a biscuit tin. The runner up, the incredible Fox's Classic.

3) The Fruit Club

Quite a shock 3rd placed for the humble, unfancied Fruit Club, but the sheer nostalgia value of gorging on these delightful dunkers during the superb 1990 World Cup, meant this was one I couldn't pass up. Except I will be washing these down with a nice cup of Tetleys, and not a bottle of Thunderbirds. The shock 3rd place - the Serbia of biscuits - the curiously old fashioned Fruit Club
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Famous Amos!    
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yum yum Juno has good taste!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Best Post EVER.

I go with the Hob Nob.

But you can never beat a good old selection of fox's

Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hahahaha. Great. I havent even thought of this. What am I going to eat?! I might go traditional African.... And hunt for my food haha fried squirrel
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I must admit, the humble old jaffa cakes are hard to beat, like pringles, once you start, you can't stop....Lol, I could munch my way through a whole box if I go unchecked....Lol

4 years ago
Well Tony, you could have gone and opened up the whole "is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or cake" can of worms here. However, in the spirit of the World Cup, I will give you this one. Enjoy your cakes
Munch munch thanks munch, deffo a cake
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My argument for the humble jaffa is below
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ate a whole box yesterday while studying I just love em
Cake or biscuit jeroen?  I mean the names a dead giveaway jaffa cakes.... Lol
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't eat hard crunchy stuff like that lol, I stick with my muffins.

Hard and crunchy? , what an insult to jaffa cakes, take that back kaden.... Hehehe
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Oh woops...
I must admit, hob-nobs remind me of hamster food, not bad for dunking though, plus the dunking softens them kaden
4 years ago
At least no-one has mentioned that Hob Nobs are the England of biscuits - fall to pieces in the cup...
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can just see the rude votes increasing.... Lol, at least you had a hob nob to start with, our northern ireland team only has knobs, naa I don't really mean that, our guys are great
Nah he's just moody too. With the World Cup and all. Lol
Charliehenry (Verified Legend) 4 years ago
Partial to the odd one myself charlie, good call
If you're an American, like me, you will go to Bob Evans and get some dinner rolls, or the store and get some of the frozen variety-

And then bake em all up, and then roll around in them.... With honey-butter! Are they biscuits? Uh.... In some parts of the world? Yes.

Also I am going to smear this stuff on everything that doesn't move-

Yeah, this is a pretty amazing post lol
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
They're awesome! I love nutella,
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Now that's the stuff of my dreams! It can even be used on the bedside table to be enjoyed on ooops I mean with your favorite lady friend. LOL
Theres nothing better than sitting down with a nice cup of tea, and a packet of paul scholes

Bahahaha

Is this a comeback attempt after Neville was unfaithful?

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/funny-football/drawing-fo...

Watch out, Tony, he may just be looking for some rebound-play
He's not my type mate
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
That is bloody hilarious Tony! Nicely done
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Penguin Biscuits

Or

Jaffa Cakes (which are a biscuit, not a cake, right?)

Unfortunately I can't really get either here in NZ but I can dream. The best biscuit in New Zealand is a baked sheep turd, dipped in some yellow custard-like substance
Nice sheep refernce, you could ship them biscuits from Australia
Here in australia, this the stuff of god!

Tim Tams, any one know them? Ship them
Https://www.Officenational.Com.Au/wcsstore/ONCatalogAssetStore/images/AY213411.Jpg

The tim tams just look like penguins without a wrapper
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Tim Tams are ace, I mean why would you not want for a late night snack that is packed with sugar?!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
No no tony i've had penguins and they are no where near as nice
I hope no ones on weightwatchers? , putting them through hell with this topic.... Lol
Another favourite of mine, these scottish biscuits tunnocks caramel log's....Mmmm. Lovely and chewy

Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Https://orders.Stationerysupplies.Com.Au/stock_images600/530418100.JPG        Yummeh
Mint slice is alright but I reckon tim tam is better

Kick4Life - changing lives through football