Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Doe's Your Name Mean?
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 4 years ago
My name as the meaning sun.... And urs guys?  
Ltm017 4 years ago
Mine is my Initials.... And 17 is my number when I used to play.... Its been with me forever...
Interesting....
Lifeguard (FootyTube Moderator) 4 years ago
Mine is my job.... I enjoy what I do
Great! And your real names meaning?
You mean like what does Paul mean?
Ya  
It has two meanings, one the most common in English, is 'small', as in little stature, but the other meaning is 'strength in God', which of course is my favorite meaning of my name, because who wants to be little?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Mine just mans tall and dark, in a Celtic context. So I guess it fits, I have dark hair, pretty pale skin though
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Mine means ''One of good council; rightly guided, wise, having true faith.... ''
Shortly great one.... Haha...
Tigermelon (Arsenal) 4 years ago
My real name does not have a meaning.... :S Unknown.... It comes from Maria though, which might means beautiful.... My.... Er.... footytube name is to complicated to really explain put it's a combination between the word Tiger (rawr!) and the word Mellon (Elfish=friend).... Yeah: I've read The lord of the rings...
Hooo.... Good combination!
Tigermelon (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It was a friend of mine who "invented" it What else can you do when you paint your face as a tigers?
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 4 years ago
Marko means- "of war", warrior    In other words, don't f**k with me
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 4 years ago
Understood marko!
The origin of my name is Greek, and Persian and it symbolises purity (not to be confused with Darko!)
Ohh.... Purity!
LOL
Yeah, but people don't always go by their name, lol. Eastern people seem more obsessive with name origins and meanings. Mostly in the west a name, is just a name. Its' a cool topic though
Sante (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Whats your name? And whats the greek part of it?    My name means healer (jason)
Thank you...
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Samarth is my name.... But everybody in my group calls me "sam".... And "6194" is my bike's no...
RyanBB (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Ryan : Irish : meaning.... Little King!
I bow down to thou, my liege
Borg (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I am a little king as well!
Zian6 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
My name means, A person that never gives up and think before you listen
Zian6 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Thanks
BIJACK (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Bijack from Bijaksana, which means wise
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
"kaden is usally a cool and funny guy who has many friends while some might not be so nice to him Kaden will offer his friendship to anyone because he is this that cool of a guy. Kadens are way cooler then mikes."

I'm not sure the urban dictionary is always the best place to get info though: Link: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kaden...
Anubhz (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Anubhz was actually derived from my real name Anubha. Anubha means lightening.
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
Krzysztof derives from the Greek Christoforos which means the one who carries the Christ.... Although it does not really suit me
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
That's deep, and I'm not even a follower of christianity
The thing is, I'm not a follower either I was baptized because that is customary in my country and my parents believe in God. A year ago I committed apostasy, so now officially the church hates my guts
Did you defect to another faith or to athiesm? Gosh I think my family would disown me if I denounced my catholosism. (not that I'm a religios person) I go to church once per week
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Its hard to denounce something that you were forced into and don't know for yourself. I can definitely understand Prejsu. Originating from a Greek Orthodox background
100% atheist. Well, luckily enough my parents are very open-minded so they reckoned that if I need it for my own personal satisfaction and peace of mind, then there is no reason to oppose it. My grandma does not know, not because she would disown me but probably because she would feel disappointed and I don't want that, my grandpa on the other hand is an even bigger heretic than I am so he was all for it The thing with faith these days is that it's imposed on you when you as a human being are not yet aware of what God and faith actually are. You are raised in an environment were faith in Church and God is the only possible way, there is no second route for you, and I think it's wrong because it is not the 'real deal' so to say. Maybe the comparison will be a bit extreme but think of it that way: in the times of the III Reich children were told and made to believe since their early years that Germans are the chosen people and that it's OK to kill Jews or Slavs because they are more of animals than actual humans, and they believed it because they did not know that this ideology is bad, they were not given the choice. Of course, I'm not saying that being Christian is wrong, but I believe that people should be given the the right to choose for themselves, and they are deprived of this basic right when they are baptized after birth. I don't believe in God, have nothing against Christianity and greatly respect people who truly believe and are faithful to their beliefs, but I despise church as an institution, so there is no need for me to be a part of it. Being a good man should be enough altogether
Nicely explained. I'm not a devout Catholic, but it's apart of my families' lives and of mine. I do miss church some weekends cos' Sunday is for sleep!. A traditional sunday 'family time' I do have some times that consists of attending Church and then afterward eating a nice meal (nicer than weekday meals) . I don't feel like I was ever pressured into being a follower of Roman Catholosism, of course there are so many unanswerable questions in relation to faith. Its totally true what you say, where you grow up and what's brainfed into you as a child is all you know, and only when you're an adult can you realise this. I just feel sorry for some branches of muslims in some parts of the world who are brainwashed to hate jews and 'infadels', misquoting, and misinterpreting the koran in a violent and brutal way, that's really disgusting on those children. They're so filled with hate they don't know the real world. What my point is, is that religious texts in misuse can be dangerous. Religious text in the Bible, Koran, Torah should be used in the proper way as a guide to living a good life. Living a good life without sin is impossible really unless you live in a dark cave with your hands tied behind your back and blindfolded. With a personal helper of the same sex. So being a good person should be enough at the end of it all.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football