Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Countries And Cities Have You Been To?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Organize the cities by countries or continents

In my country:Australia

I've been to Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Wollongong.

In North America

Honolulu, Los Angeles, Philidelphia, Washington, Boston, New York, Toronto

Europe

Berlin (airport only), paris, rome, venice, london.

In Asia

Singapore, Kuala Lampur, Bangkok, and all over Saudi Arabia and Qatar

WBU guys?
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
This tells me you are rich
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
LOL
3 years ago
Places I've lived, as the list would be too long!

Leeds, England
London, England
Dundalk, Republic of Ireland,
Gibraltar, Gibraltar
La Linea De La Concepcion, Spain
Pueblo Nuevo De Guadiaro, Spain
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
In my country: Australia

Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Wollongong.

In North America

America: Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Kentucky, Tampa, Orlando, Virginia, Washington, New York,

Canada: Toronto, Montreal

Europe

France: paris
Germany: dussledorf, Koln,
England: london

In Asia

Singapore, Kuala Lampur, Bangkok
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I've been to all the major cities in the uk, and I have been to germany many years ago, never any further than that
KTown (1. Kaiserslautern) 3 years ago
US: all states except New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, North and South Dakota, Idaho and Oregon

US Territories: Puerto Rico

Europe: many cities in Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina

Southwest Asia: Saudi Arabia, Iraq

Africa: Kampala, Uganda and Dakar, Senegal
Umm, you're a soldier aren't you?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Meh? I'd rather not tell. Haven't ventured out of south India :S
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Not gonna' list all the cities I went to in Europe, there's probably hundreds.

So the countries in Europe I went to, more or less from west to east:
Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, UK, Germany, the Netherlands (half my family lives there), Belgium (the cradle of my evil plots), Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Greece, Lithuania.

In Asia:
Turkey and that's it. More to come in the future for sure.

N-America + cities:
Usa (Chicago, NY, LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Orlando and pretty much all the big national parks)

Africa:
Egypt, Morocco

Still bound to go to more Asian and South American countries. And definitely New Zeeland as well
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Turkey is in Europe. We go by FIFA organization here
Hahaha about to sya that Marcinny
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
Turkey is not in Europe lol Its part of Asia Minor. Which is Asia.
Haven't checked this thread in a while, but Turkey in only in Europe when it suits them. Just like Israel is 'European' when it's the Euro song contest. Politically - and geographically - they are Asian for the largest part, like Russia. Russia's western (west from the Ural) part is part of Europe, the eastern part is Asia. For Turkey, the Asia Minor part is considered Asia, the part above the Bosphorus (Istanbul) is Europe
I am sorry, but FIFA and UEFA consider all of them European. So, at least in this site, they are Europe to me.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for some of them to compete in the Asian qualification groups, which would make the entire process more fair. Countries like Kazakhstan have no chance in the European qualifiers, but they can compete much better in Asia. But I guess politics reaches beyond sport interests.
Imagine the scenario of the last world cup, but with Turkey qualifying from Asia, opening the way for another European country, like Ireland, Czech Republic or Poland. These would play much better than the weak Northern Korea, which got in the finals because of the lack of true competition in the Asian qualification groups
Just because a country is included in European Competition in Soccer doesn't make them European, and for the record they are not even part of the Union.

@jeroen Its like saying Egypt is apart of Africa cause its that close. To me its pretty silly especially when you have Cyprus as part of Europe too lol !

Here is the reality.

Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
WTF, Turkey is in Europe!
Lyndon, don't try to be a smartass, we all know that geographically Turkey is in Asia. We don't need geography lesson. And what's up with that map of EU? So, what, Croatia, Serbia, etc. Are also not in Europe, is that what you're saying?
The only way I'm being a smart ass is if the map is wrong haha Are they included in the map? I don't mean any disrespect this is simply the reality
Your ignorance is astonishing man. You have to realize that EU is a political entity, not a continent. I mean how old are you? Don't show the map of EU if you are talking about the continent of Europe. I understand some North Americans have trouble grasping the geographical concepts, but that's no excuse.... You are just embarrassing yourself
I am from Europe, but living in Canada.

The main point geographically is that Turkey has a pinky toe in Europe and the rest in Asia, even Istanbul is split almost in half west and east, Europe and Asia. I don't think you need a history lesson, but Turkey has never been apart of Europe the continent. Always in Asia Minor.

I was only posting the map so you can see the eastern divide, we don't need to show our immaturity by going personal.

I think the same can be said for Greece with Cyprus, just because half of Cyprus is Greek and is geographically in Asia, does not make Greece part of Asia.
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
St. Lucia, st kitts, st. Marteen, antigua, trinidad & tobago, tortola, virgin gorda, st. Thomas, st. John, barbados. Every where in jamaica.

Florida, tampa, atlanta & pheonix
Americas
All over US from New York to San Francisco. Too many cities to write. Among the most known:Washington DC, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Detroit.
Mexico City

Europe
England (London - my favorite city), Italy, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Macedonia, Albania, Ukraine (and maybe I am forgetting a couple).

That's it. Kiev is the farthest I have gone East. Never been to Asia, Africa and Australia/Oceania.

You've been to Ukraine, Hungary, Macedonia and Albania? Odd destinations for an American, unless you went to see the not so young Shevshenko, the old Ferenc Puskás, the very old Albanese mafia and the ancient legacy of Alexander the Great
Haha. I was not there as a tourist, if that's what you worry about.

But I have to say that the old part of Budapest is not so bad. Also, there's a myth about the beauty of the Ukrainian women.

As for the Alexander the Great, all I know is that the Greeks get very pissed if you connect him with the country named Macedonia (a name they don't recognize).

Albanians are hospitable by nature so I have to admit that I had a good time. Their "mafia" is probably stronger in Western Europe than in the original country. So no worries there. Lol.

And no I don't plan to go back to any of these countries. This was 15 years ago. I think I am heading towards South America in the future. Especially in a particular country in 2014 that we all know about.
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I've Been to: United Kingdom, Netherlands and the US    I've lived in: The US and England
Serious you lived in USA at one stage? Please enlighten us
RoxiiUtd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Australia, Sicily and Manchester
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Here is where I have been in the world

France, Paris = Rip off cause it was frekin raining and frekin cold
Indonesia, Jakrta = Having an adventure in the beautiful rain forest
Qatar, Doha = Meh, ill say 8in a half out of ten.
England, London = Pretty good, get to see the big bang
You. E. A = Visit the tallest building in the world! And lived in a marvelous hotel!
Italy, Rome, Sicily, and Milan = Awesome! Rome was the best and second goes to Sicily and 3rd goes to Milan cause I get to see my teams stadium!
Netherland = are. I. P oh. F. F. Rainy season and frekin cold all day.
Australia, Melburn and Sydney = Great, get to hear the people talk!
USA, New york and washington = Great, awesome.... Nothing much to say

Well this is my adventure of my life time. I really hope I could go to Spain, Portugal, and many countries I want to go!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
France (home): Paris_Pau_Bordeaux_Lyon_Dijon

Uk: London_Birmingham_Bournemouth__Leicester_Glasgow

Portugal: Porto_Braga_Moreira de Conegos

Belgium: Brussels

Spain: Barcelona

Switzerland: Lausanne

Turkey: Antalya_Kemer

Canada: Montreal_Kingston_Toronto

US:South Beach, Miami, FL

Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I can't name cities because i'd be here forever, I can do countries though.

Europe:

Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Turkey, Austria, and. Ireland, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and GB (obviously).

The US 3 times, Boston, California and Florida.

Asia:

Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, China, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Africa:

Malawi, Kenya and Egypt.

Next stop: The Arctic Cicle
Countires:    Canada, USA, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, fyrom, Albania, Mexico

Kick4Life - changing lives through football