Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Are You Listening To Right Now?
StageFright1203 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Got many dance music fans around here? Dutch DJ Hardwell just revealed a new single on his label; Kill the Buzz - Party Hard. I heard this during his set at Creamfields and Electric Zoo and immediately loved it, but he wouldn't tell us what the song was called. The mystery is over. Enjoy!

ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Very nice thanks for posting
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
The other night I suffered some sort of MTV count down to rock anthems of the 00's (?) and rolled on the carpet in desperation....Pop-rap covers and the such.

Somehow, this is a rock song and most sold&downloaded of our time

Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I was watching oasis live at the g. Mex in manchester from 2008 last night, an mtv production.
I seen them live in belfast in 2005 a week after george best died, and I seen them again in belfast live in 2008.
I also went to noels high flying birds tour earlier this year.... Great
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Chill to this jazzy hip hop and smoke a J if you have one

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Love it
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
A little bossa nova from the master

Chega de Saudade - Joao Gilberto (1959)

Omar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Areoplane Over the Sea (album)
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Led Zeppelin- Whole Lotta Love

Also, I stumbled upon this band called Red Hot Chili pipers-

[account-removed] 2 years ago
Iron Maiden - For the greater good of God.

Now I realize how this song title might look, but this song is based in the mind of a soldier at war. At no point is this meant to spark a religious debate. An excerpt :

More pain and misery in the history of mankind
Sometimes it seems more like
The blind leading the blind
It brings upon us more famine, death and war
You know religion has a lot to answer for

Please tell me now what life is
Please tell me now what love is
Well tell me now what war is
Again tell me what life is

And as they search to find the bodies in the sand
They find it's ashes that are
Scattered across the land
And as the spirits seem to whistle on the wind
A shot is fired somewhere another war begins
Link:
BeefCurtains (Limerick) 2 years ago
When my time comes, I'm having this played at my funeral:    Kryptic Minds - Secure Lost
   :)
BeefCurtains (Limerick) 2 years ago
Yep, saw that vid and posted the URL originally but it wouldn't embed, so I deleted it.    Kryptic Minds decimates all.    
Peace Love and Understanding ~ A Perfect Circle    
I know I'm now posting to myself, but I just came across this song and felt it was criminal to not share to someone who might chance upon this thread someday. Its a tribute based on the in game music form Mass Effect 3, and I just had an eargasm.

Ltm017 2 years ago
I really like her voice, hmmm for some reason she reminds me of someone but I can't think of who right now

Maybe a little like Amy Lee from Evanescence
Time for my daily dose of music sharing!

Blind Guardian - Voice in the dark

What happens when a band with two very different styled vocalists introduce a mini orchestra? Give this song a chance. It's not what you expect at the start.

Keeping in theme with my videogame music, and for those that just need something to close their eyes and go down nostalgia lane, Enjoy :

Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 2 years ago
The xx - Islands    
Posted in general, and @ManOnDMoon. I quite assure you its nothing like Nickelback (all due respect to the band. I remember listening to it back in the day).

In Flames - Colony

In Flames - Bullet Ride

And finally, to keep in theme with my videogame music as well as metal. This is a very very sharp contrast to the previous two songs. Stuck right in the midst of a general cutscene (of note, the game wasn't meant to be graphically excellent. Its over 3 years old).

Dragon Age Origins - Leliana's song.

Right, that doesn't "sound Nickelback" haha. Actually I liked the more melodic one you posted as well. I'll research the band
Paytonred (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Love her. Miss her. One of few singers who are better singing live.

I've taken the time and gone through the last year's recommendations. This page needs a serious revival. And a serious influx of the various forms of Metal, Acapella and Video Game music. I know for sure there are some metalheads on the site. I swear, I can't be alone, damn it! I'll keep off the growling.... For now.

In Flames - Come Clarity:

Helloween : The Departed (Sun is going down)

Not your style? What happens when two brilliant artists who happen to be gaming nerds meet up and decide to do a mashup of a well hyped game?

When you said 'metal', for a moment I was expecting this haha
#Warning #ParentalAdvisory

I like your choices, the first one sounds a bit Nickelback for me but I don't know the band so it's a superficial first impression.
Videgames music...I think we've got to mention Kasabian for all the FIFA affectionates (by the way, Sergio Pizzorno scored a goal in Old Trafford in a recent charity event

I woke up with this one in my head this morning

Hah! I tried keeping it simple. Haven't seen any metal music for months here, didn't want to come in and throw in a song with growling. I prefer songs which have both metal and classical influences in them. I used to be a keyboardist, and I always felt an attraction to metal that I could actually play myself as well on the keyboards with my old band. Good song selections though!

Video game music though... Lol. That's not technically videogame music, but general songs released within games. Still, a good song that. THE fifa classic though. This is the one.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football