Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
To Fifa 13, Or Not To Fifa 13?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
And so, yet another year of fifa madness ensues.

I've just purchased a PS3 again after my YLOD madness, and now I am presented with the option of "should I get fifa 13? ". Previously, I'd written it off owing to the PC version of Fifa 12 being downright terrible. Now, I'm not sure about the choice of if I should purchase the latest iteration or not.

Are you looking forward to the release? Any reasons you can provide for your decision?
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm actually exciting for this release unlike last year. I'm looking forward to attacking intelligence (hoping you can win without using extreme amounts of pace)
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I've tried the demo of pes2013, and I'm going with that.... Unless Fifa 13 demo can convince me it's better...
@ManUK: I doubt that'll be possible, but one can always hope! Lol

@Juno: Hmm. I didn't think of trying out the PES demo. I'll give that a shot before I make my eventual decision. The minigames in practice mode look quite hilarious in fifa!
The practice mode in PES is pretty impressive too. Try it out
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I'm downloading the pes demo right now, I have downloaded the FIFA demo and I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

More practice is needed, I have been a pes man for a long time now, but on the demo I'm thinking that pes is still gonna' be better in my eyes!

We'll see I suppose!
Somehow Fifa 13 demo managed to play(feel) like Fifa12. What did they improved this year? You know, I actually created a US account so that I can download it earlier
Might have to create a US account myself to download it. Not available in India as yet. However, I decided to take up your advice and download PES in the meantime. Will compare and let you know if any improvements are found from fifa 12 in my experience!
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Huh this has really thrown the cat amongst the pigeons, I have bought PES every year since at least 2006, and this year all anyone seems to talk about is FIFA FIFA FIFA, so I was going to buy it to see what the hype was about, Juno good to see your a PES man there are to few of us around here that play the game now!

I will wait to see what your thoughts are on the PES game before I make my decision!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
FIFA Pre order came with some FUT bonus packs and a Messi steel-box.    Sold
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago

Choose your poison Magneto!
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I always love the fifa soundtrack
JayTIP (Manchester United) 1 year ago
CR7 should be on the cover instead
EA signed Messi over to FIFA so PES had to settle for Ronaldo
[account-removed] 1 year ago
I've played both, and I think both games still have major flaws in them. There are improvements in both, and there still are annoying drawbacks in both.

1) Licencing: Always the same issue. Minor, but always present.

2) Controls: PES has taken some good steps forward in this regard, but Fifa's latest first touch controls slightly edges PES in my view.

3) Animations: PES has some good looking models and animations, but Fifa seems to be a lot more lifelike. Facial animation especially, there's a difference.

4) Offline modes, I'm not sure of how they'd both do. I actually think PES might tip Fifa here, but for a guy like me who likes to indulge in a few seasons of career mode, the latest upgrades to the transfer market mode really do help improve the experience.

5) Online modes: I think Fifa Ultimate team makes the difference here, a feature that PES won't really have. One of FUT's main strengths are the sheer number of people playing this. So a lot of cards are always available.

All in all, I think Fifa still edges PES, but the gap isn't that great anymore. I've pre-ordered Fifa 13 at the end of the day for the PS3.

It'll be interesting to see the number of people who purchase both these games across various consoles. If we have enough people playing it, we could just have some fun footytube events
Without playing pes yet I am pretty confident that I'm going to find pes the superior of the 2, I have played about 10 games of fifa in the demo and have scored 1 measly goal!

I can't get the hang of it at all, I need to play more but I am a season pes player, have played it since it started coming out many many years ago.

I'm not won over by fifa yet, but I am yet to play the pes demo but if I like it then I will probably purchase it over fifa.... We'll see!
Lol. Atleast both games are going to be well represented! Fifa isn't easy to score in, unless we're playing ultimate team
I do like Pro Evo 2013, it's smooth and the passing and movement is really good, not quite got the hang of the runs and special tricks but I'm getting there, training mode is fun and after a few more hours of play I'll be ready to take on what the internet has to offer!

I'm still planning on getting Fifa but not until I can play consistently in the demo mode!

We may just get that game yet Maddy, be patient!
I wouldn't get FIFA yet. It is still so buggy right now that sometimes its literally not even playable
Too late.... Too little too late.

I bet John's having a right laugh! Still, I'm able to play offline modes without a problem. I'd get annihilated online. My standards have dropped to Professional from World Class in fifa 12
Any of you guys have xbox and play fut13?    Add me if you want a go    SoccerIsFo0tbal    The 0 is a zero btw
I believe there is a member on the Spurs forum who's got Xbox and plays FUT, and then there's Naota and Kgb112 who play fifa on the xbox. Might not be too far amiss to create a database of who's playing what, I suppose
Thanks for the heads up, I will message them!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football