Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
This Or That . Footy Edition
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Kalou. He is just the definition of a super-sub, always seems to come on and make an impact and should really start more games. On the other hand Bendtner is just.... Not.

Old Vs New. Seaman Vs Hart?
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Good question, to integral figures.

Nasri by a margin he isn't a cry-baby, Nasri is far better imo at dribbling, and I belive he has way better creativity and vision, and technique. Nani is just a winger, and playmakers (generally speaking) have to be much more talented than wingers.

Kalou or Bendtner
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Bendnter (btw guys don't mind me, I'm just putting my choice on who I think is better when I first get told a question.)

I think we should be able to do this, still put our opinions in after...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Revival?

I thinkkk ill choose lennon over young, its a real hard one to decide as young can be found on either wings while lennon is more or less played only on the right wing. Lennon is a better winger in my opinion, his pace is unmatched in the premier league while young seems to go on the inside alot.

Young is better infront of goal and has a fearsome free kick, but I still prefer lennon on the wing.

Okay, urmmmmm.... Nani or Nasri?
Nasri
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Many may disagree but I think Van Nistelrooy was easily the best. His eye for goal, and complete utter awareness on the pitch made him awesome.combine that with awesome anticipation skills and final execution you've got one of the world's finest.

Aaron Lennon or Ashley Young
Young
Anhad (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Young
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Rivaldo

As a Barca fan there is no way I can say the other.
His hat-trick which got us a champions league spot was just phenomenal. I wasn't much of a footy fan then but watching clips and reading about those seasons have really won me over on him.

Gonna' change it up and introduce a 3rd option....

Raul. Shevchenko. Van Nistelrooy.
3 of the best goalscorers to ever grace a football pitch
Nistelrooy
Another tough one. Both players are still pretty young but ill have to go for Rossi.

Chicarito has had very little time to impose himself on the ManU team but he looks to be a fantastic prospect. Although Rossi did not do so well in the EPL I think he's proved himself to be a cracking addition to Villarreal. I know the standard of football between both teams are not directly comparable I would have to say Rossi is the better player.... For now.

Batistuta or Rivaldo?
Rivaldo
Wow, tough one.

I'm going to have to go with Van der Vaart. I know he was out-of-favour at Madrid, but purely on his performance this season with Tottenham I think he has to be classed as one of the best (value for money) signings in the EPL for years. His stats speak for themselves; in 58 apps for Madrid he scored 11 goals and in 19 apps for Tottenham he's already scored 10! Compare that with Sneijder who has only has 7 goals in 45 apps for Inter, need I say more? (Stats from Wiki)

Now one that i've been mulling over for a while, Bergkamp or Henry?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Dennis Bergkamp, true legend, his touch, in my opinion is rivaled only by Zidane, and to a lesser extent perhaps Ronaldinho. Henry was a fantastic, fantastic striker, and for a while probably the best player in the world, but Bergkamp was just in a class of his own. He had a different approach to the game, and has Sublime vision and the skill and pedigree to pull something off when he saw it. One of the most creative players I have ever watched, who scored some truly spectacular goals, my favorites being the goal against Argentina in the 98 WC, in stoppage time, perfect touch, the goal I believe against Leichester City or someone like that, and of course the turn against Newcastle.

To answer Anubuhz question about Kaka vs Ozil, that is a really good one. I would have to choose Kaka still though, I think if he regains his form and gets in good health he will be a top player again. Some of the stuff he pulls is just uncanny, Ozil is a fantastic player and his performance at the World Cup was top draw, but Ricky Kaka is Ricky Kaka.

Chicharito or Giuseppe Rossi
Henry
Just understood the format after reading it

David Luiz

Currently comparing Luiz is younger has the pace and is a threat on the attack. Need I say more?

Sneijder or Van der Vaart?
Sneijder
Oh right i'll repost what I wrote b4.

I think Muller from the little knowledge I have of german football, I mean he scored 5 goals at the WC even though he is 19! And He can setup extremley well! I don't know about Gomez but I feel muller is better (Or maybe because he is my favourite bundesliga player)

David Luiz or Ricardo Carvahlo
David Luiz
David Luiz
Thought I would revive this one a classic.    Muller or Gomez?
Can't answer this one very well, I would need to watch the bundesliga more.

I'm posting hoping someone will see it and we can start this up again
I think Muller from the little knowledge I have of german football, I mean he scored 5 goals at the WC even though he is 19! And He can setup extremley well! I don't know about Gomez but I feel muller is better (Or maybe because he is my favourite bundesliga player)
Anubhz (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Muller! Without any doubt. Though Gomez is the current top scorer of Bundesliga with 18 goals where Muller with 8 goals however you can't deny his quality. He was the young player of the tournament in FIFA WC 2010 as well as the golden boot winner. In Euro qualifications he assisted 2 goals for M. Klose. He's not in his best form right now to be honest however Gomez was/is never as good as Muller. Muller's pace, techniques and positioning are remarkable. & Lets not forget he's 21 and has a long way to prove himself. If Gomez was that good he should have proved him with Die Mannschaft just the way he does with Bayern. Most of the time he is no good Mannschaft. Whereas Muller is equally usefull in Bayern and Mannschaft.
PS: I may a bit biased towards Muller as he is one of my favorites and I never really liked Gomez
Nice I would certainly agree, love Muller think he is a real outstanding player. Scores some fantastic goals and the fact that his name is Muller is really just fate. One thing I have noticed though is that his heading ability isn't as prolific as the legendary Klose or Der Bomber(despite his small stature). Maybe this attribute will come or I have just not noticed it, a large part of scoring headers is positioning and desire, which I don't think Muller lacks in either, so he will score goals with his head I am sure, just maybe not 5 in one WC, Klose, original gang starr.

P. S. Just to let people know who may not be familiar with the format of this topic, once you have answered who you choose or think is better, you post a question of your own. So Anubhz, great answer, than you would post a question of your own. For instance, Gerd Muller vs Rual(who recently broke Gerd's European goal scoring record)
Anubhz (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Well, T. Muller is good at assisting whereas M. Klose is really good at finishing(mainly heading). M. Klose's timing is remarkable(14 goals in 3 world-cups, 59 goals in 106 caps say itself!) Muller is definitely a superb scorer and creator of goals. He is being described as a player who can cleverly find gaps in the opposition defence because he used to play as an attacking midfielder in youth club. On the other hand I must say though M. Klose is the perfect example of "right place at the right time" however he is not very good at assisting.

Well if its required to provide a question, then whose better? M. Ozil or Kaka?
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Riquelme.

If the point of view is strictly a Fantasista wise. His pin-point passing and through ball are perhaps comparable by Xavi only. And creativity wise, if the teamplay goes through him, its a joy to watch. Even though that means he can be marked out of a game if he's the main focus....
I rate Cassano, but he's not better than Riquelme imo.

Abedi Pele or George Weah (recent comparison done on Goal)
Hmm I really don't know enough about Abedi Pele, but from what I have seen George Weah was probably better. Could be wrong on this one though. I mean George Weah was an amazing player, tremendous ability. He never had the chance to play in a World Cup, did Abedi Pele? My ending statement would be that George Weah was voted African player of the Century, so that may speak for itself.

Jay Jay Okocha or Ronaldinho?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Cassano. I'm a huge fan of Cassano, he is a 100% typical Italian fantasista, that I'd pay to watch. The guy's a genius on the ball.... Shame that he is always been doomed away from the Azzurri.
And well, I must admit, never knew that much about Di Canio.

Cassano or Riquelme (fantasisti face-off!)
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Sheva.

Sheva in his prime and best terrorised defence all over europe and internationally. That he is the third-highest scorer in the history of European club competition with 63 goals, behind Filippo Inzaghi and Raúl is the prove of that. And winning the Ballon D'or means he was hailed as the best player in Europe before.

Even though Torres at his best is devastating, he hasn't been firing Liverpool to a silverware, and in terms of personal accolades, that's something that Fernando Torres still gotta' catchup.

Paolo Di Canio or Antonio Cassano?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Hmm.... Carra I'd say. He is error prone, and still.... Class. I've watched a shitloads of times where he has saved Liverpool's skin with last ditch tackles.
Talking about Mexes, I'd compare him with Gattuso(in prime)--monsterous work rate.
Urmm maybe its just Carragher's one club man status that made my decision, as I've got a mad love for these 'one club men', no matter which team they belong to.

Shevchenko or El Nino? (at their best)
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Diego Milito

Ill take milito. I preffered his younger days at genoa. He quickley adapted to the italian style of play and was one of the best young prospects. Right now he is under jose mourniho and in inter, top of the league. Boyd, nothing in scotland can compare with that I believe.

And oh yeah. I believe scottish league overated. Remember Steven fletcher for hibs. He was awesome. When he went to burnley, he failed to perform for me.

Okay. Carragher or Mexes (liverpool and roma)
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lets see if I can this back up
Like old times

Kick4Life - changing lives through football