Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Olympics Have Ruined My Life.
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
At this time of year, I am torn in two. The matches in the Champions League are so juicy, but I am addicted to this olympic coverage. I will not watch anything but the olympics for the next 2 weeks unfortunately. This means all footy falls to the wayside.

Thus the Olympics have ruined my life.

But have they ruined yours?

Think of a witty response to the question "How have the Olympic Winter Games ruined your life? ". It could be all the annoying commercials they air about them or from them. It could be the countless ads, or the news that tells you the same thing 12 times in an hour.

I know that the Olympics have made me lose about 25 hours of sleep so far. How about you?
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
3 words for you.... What. The. Hell LOL! Good topic but don't let them ruin your life
Well hey I couldn't just start a topic called "who's watching the Olympics"? Where's the class in that?
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I don't see how on earth the exciting olympic games can ruin a perons life. I can't really respond ro 'How have the olympic games ruined your life', because I don't think they ever have done before! Just watch the olympic football!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Do I want to watch figure skating and curling, or Champions league football.

Let me think.

Curling isn't bad.

Hmm.

Champions league
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
ITS A NO BRAINER
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I used to be glued to the TV watching curling when I was a little kid. After years of doing that, I still don't get the point of these funny janitors with their brooms trying to clean the already sparkling ice floor. Simply beyond me
Team with the stones closest to the center of the circle (button) get points. You sweep to guide the stones. There's a lot of strategy to it too, but it is addictive
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The Olympics are quite spectacular. However, they are more spectacular when you include another drinking game. SO, here you are. Another one of Andrew's drinking games! WOO!

Curling Drinking Game:

Assign a specific country/team for yourself and each of your mates.

1. When your team is up, drink
2. Every time the stone (that is the thingy they slide) hits another stone, drink.
3. If the announcer ever mentions how fascinating curling really is, finish your drink.
4. If your team gets gold: 3 drinks, silver: 2 drinks, bronze: 1 drink.
5. If a sweeper wipes out on your team, 2 drinks.
6. If your team hits the bullseye, 3 drinks.
7. Every time you have no idea what is going on, 1 drink.

Have fun!

Seriously though. I would rather watch the Champions League
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I have a question, do you watch the games live, like you're actually there, watching from the forest in the mountains. Did you make the trip? You live in the woods in Northern US right?
Its live for me if you're asking me. But I didn't make the trip. Vancouver is a long ways away from my hacienda
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yes my life has gone slightly crapper since all my shows are shown an hour later becouse of these damn winter sports
D: stupid stuff like shuffle board (or something that looks like it )
One thing I don't understand how skii-ers get to wear jeans. lol
Enders is always on at the same time
Not the repeats lol the day before yestaday it was on 11:30 when its usually on 10 haha
They aren't jeans. They're snowpants made to look like jeans/waterproof jeans. But you're right, they are weird. Lol
Honestley they aint jeans? I coulda swear they look exactly like denim, wow
Lol, I think they try and make them look "cool" but honestly they look like gangsters skiing down a hill
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Well they've ruined my life in that I don't give a damn about them, and yet Google insists on showing me a different ugly blue logo graphic EVERY DAY.

Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Actually the Luge event depicted above would probably be more appropriate if it was represented as:

Too soon? Probably. But screw it
Hehe I would day a bit too soon but google chose the wrong sport why didn't they just pick skiing or something
Too soon! Too soon!
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Definitely too soon! Yikes!
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Is that blood spatter from dexter!
Definitely too soon. Though I guess the course did make a lot of people wreck, too.... In the non-lethal manner. Still sad about Nomar though
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
too soon
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
There's not much of a contest when comparing the winter Olympics to champions league football, I know what I'm willing to lose sleep over rather than the other.

Having said that though, I watched the Short track 1500 mts men's event and it was really exciting. Great to watch, there have been some events that really surprise me in how good they are, just takes a few minutes to observe a sport that you aren't familiar with and appreciate it . The Koreans have traditionally been good at short track and were no different this time, winning the gold ahead of two Americans. There was a twist at the very very end though, trying to find a clip of it-damn copyright laws
Has anyone heard that curling was invented so that ladies could keep up their sweeping practise during the harsh winter months?

This view does not necessarily represent the opinion of Ant or the staff of footytube and is a common web joke. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No monies returned.
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its like pool with less balls and less holes lol
Skinny blond lee
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
In all seriousness, seeing that movie has annihilated any tiny glimmer of interest Figure Skating ever had with me
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
I don't know what's more embarassing- the entire outfit or the fact that he thought he could attract potential mates with such small tailfeathers...
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Will Ferrell flicks are overrated
Talledega nights was.... Ok. I think Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell are making a Holmes/Watson movie. I think it sounds good.... No?
Is it a man or a woman? And I'm serious
Jaseface (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm sorry where is chaz michael michaels?  He is figure skating
Jaseface (Liverpool) 4 years ago
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
 Watch from 0:08 onwards. Yikes embarrasing.  
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Wow.... Lol
Thong, , , , , , the pride of scotland!
on national TV
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ouch!
Thesgman (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I don't like the Olympics because they get in the way of the shows I watch
Don't be so patriotic!
I have not missed any event yet. My butt hurts. I don't know if I can walk anymore.... Curse you, olympics....

On the brighter side, I'm a US fan! But I support Canada as well.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football