Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Movie Thread
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
The wife and I take it in turns to select films as we have such different taste in movies. The Wrestler was my latest pick(Mickey Rourke was rightly nominated for the Oscar and ever so slightly unlucky not to get it, in my opinion). I'm not looking forward to tonight's DVD, though. It's her turn and I'm going to be subjected to Confessions Of A Shopaholic. Seriously
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
They Call Me Trinity:

I have it, and It's hilarious in most of the scenes. A western, but mixed with humor!
Another great Movie, The Crow.
If you haven't seen this one already, I suggest you do so. Not a PG movie......

SexyAmyMUFC (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yeahhh The Crow is one of my favourite films.    Brandon Lee (the actor who plays the lead) actually died on set while filiming it!
Oh I know. Bruce Lee's only son, I believe
I'm wondering what scene he died in. Supposedly it included a gun, but there a lot of scenes with a gun. Anyone have an idea?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
I recently saw District 9 (I know it's been out ages everywhere, but it's still not out properly here in Malta). It was one of those films I hadn't looked into too much save to watch the short by Neil Blomkamp 'Alive in Joburg'.

So I knew nothing of the plot which was rare these days, and I won't write anything about it here just in case others have managed to avoid spoilers and have not seen it yet.

There are a few interesting facts about this film which I feel adds to the real mocumentry style.

The main character Wikus played by Sharlto Copley had never acted before on film before and all of his scenes were improvised.

All the shacks in District 9 were actual shacks that exists in a section of Johannesburg which were to be evacuated and the residents moved to better government housing.

If you have not seen the film I urge you to do so before you get told all of the good bits
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I didn't expect much from this movie, so I was happily surprised at how, in one word, good, it was.

All of his scenes where improvised? Wow. I'm no film critic, but I thought he did an incredible job.

You know there is a lesson to be learned in this surefire cult classic, but right know I'm just content with watching a good film
ImnotWalkinAlon (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I wanna see Merantau. But its not out in USA. Anybody has a TS?      
Kranczi82 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Oldboy

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance    
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hooligan was a great movie
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes hooligans is a good film, Elijah Wood is an Excellent actor
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ooooo Boondock Saints that is a name drop, I love it
Kranczy (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Band of Brothers, Matrix, Lord of the Ring, Black Hawk Down
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
Band of brothers is a really good series. Have you seen generation kill?   Link: www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/
If you like Band of brothers then this is another good series for you.
The Pacific from the creators of Band of Brothers.

Link: www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/
I watch lot of Asian movies lately especially Korean and Hong-Kong flicks.
Here are some of my favorites.

A Bittersweet Life

A Dirty Carnival

No Mercy For The Rude

Memories Of Murder

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
City of God is a good movie for people who like real movies. Enter the Dragon of course, if you haven't seen it you need to watch it. As for recent movies I have no idea haha
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
District 9 wasnt that bad too
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It left me wanting more...
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Watched Inglorious today, was pretty fun
[account-removed] 4 years ago
District 9 was awesome, different than any other movie i've seen

Kick4Life - changing lives through football