Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Movie Thread
Mohdovais (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Recently watched this movie, loved the sniper part most!

"Enemy at the Gates"

Borg (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Definately one of the greatest war films ever
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Hangover
I watched it two times in a day. Esspecially Zach Galifianakis' performance is killing me

Link: www.youtube.com/user/hangover?blend=1&ob=4#p/a/u/1...
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Watched Inglourious Basterds a couple weeks back.Tarantino back in form! Fantastic movie.

Second trailer :

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I still haven't seen this, all my friends said it was great. I hear most of it is in French or German? That's awesome, cheers Tarantino. What is your favorite Quentin movie after seeing this one Ruggedknot?
A large part of it is in French and German, yes but it adds to the reality of the scenes. It's all sub-titled of course hah, in classic Tarantino style. He was the writer too. Watch it as soon as you can, get it on blue-ray or 720P atleast, deserves it.

It's hard after watching this, I always liked Reservoir dogs and Pulp Fiction. Samuel Jackson was such a bad-ass haha. After watching this though, it seriously pushes up to the top, watch out for the German Hans Landa, he steals the show. Even Quentin said recently, that this was his best work and I don't have many arguments there
Ya I mean that's what I never understood about most World War 2 movies, is they are usually all in English. I mean it is a war being fought in Europe and the Pacific Islands, yet you never hear any German or Japanese in these movies? Understandably most of them are base on American soldiers but still, so it is great that Tarantino made it more realistic by including what languages were actually being spoken.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are classics, it is very hard for me to decide between those two. I will have to see this one and maybe it will be even harder to decide haha
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I saw half of this movie, it was f*****g amazing, I can't wait until I can watch it on blue ray. A must see!
Haha yeah Tarantino sticks to his guns and certainly kept it real hiring German/French actors for their parts. I can't begin to tell you how good this movie was, then again I don't want to over-sell it. The 1080p and 720p rips are out on the internet even if the blue-ray itself isn't. Watch it as soon as you can
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
I think it was not a "tarantino film", it was like an ordered film
Enter the Dragon anyone? Some other classics people might not be aware of because of there age are, The Great Escape, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Easy Rider, Young Frankenstein, Bonnie and Clyde, Dr. Strangelove, Grapes of Wrath(the book is still better), hum anything by Alfred HItchcock or the Marx Brothers, OH! And this movie isn't old, but are there any fans of Memento here at footytube? I love that movie
Man Bruce Lee classics were the bomb. I'm with you on The Great Escape, Butch see, Bonnie and Clyde, Dr. Strangelove(best dark comedy ever), Alfred Hitchcock is a frecking legend. He deserves his own thread.... I haven't seen all his work but I'll list the ones I've seen :

My favorites are : Rope(unique in making the whole movie feel like it was shot in one sequence)
Rebecca (old haunting classic)
Notorious (Ingrid Bergman was some siren, she was hot!, thriller of the 40's)
Shadow of a doubt (another classic)
Vertigo(The kind of film that deserves to be preserved in a bomb shelter)

North by Northwest, Psycho of course and To Catch a Thief are all worthy mentions although the first two were the mainstream ones.

Have you seen 12 Angry Men, pirate? That was something special, flawless in every way.

Memento is one of my all time favorites, Christopher and John Nolan, pure genius, one of his finest work. Who would have thunk of such a plot haha
Have you ever seen Rear Window? That's probably my second favorite Hitchcock behind Psycho, we watched both those and Birds! In my mass media class, we spent a lot of time studying Hitchcock actually. We also watched Memento but I had already seen that one, me and my buddies just got really stoned and watched it one day, I think that is the only reason we could understand it the first time we saw it, we were I the right state of mind haha. The ending to that movie is fantastic, you know it's a great movie if you can get the same satisfaction out of watching a movie the second time as you did the first time. Movies similar to Memento that I love are, 12 monkeys and the Usual Suspects, both fantastic movies, but I don't know if they are as good as Memento Have you seen either of those rugged?

No I can't say I have seen 12 angry men, sounds good though, I will check that one out, thanks for the recommendation there Rugged
Of course yes, how could I miss Rear Window hah, slipped my mind. That's right up there in one of his best, my personal choice is Notorious and Vertigo. Birds too, creepy movie that. Yeah love intelligent movies that keep you on your toes with the obvious twist coming up, you know it but you still go whoa! 12 monkeys, Usual Suspects was probably Bryan Singer's best work ever, Kevin Spacey was quite convincing haha and they were certainly intended for the mainstream audience with their large cast if you compared them to Memento and in that way the latter was unique. All fantastic movies though. Also Fight Club, a relative flop by box-office standards but some movie haha. Tyler Durden is the guy every guy wants to be, no doubt
Fight Club is a great movie, I prefer the book though. You ever read it? Kind of dark and almost a little depressing but still very good
I am Tyler's all seeing eye haha. Yeah I've read the book, right after the movie of course. Very dark, over the edge stuff but it definitely makes you think
I'd suggest a viewing of the Cove.Very unique in the way the documentary is shot,almost like a thriller.Prepare for some cringe though,it'll leave you angry and amazed at the same time.The guys who made this had some seriously heavy balls.

This film looks amazing!
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I suggest you 2 great movies with Gerard Butler :

1.Gamer

2.Law abiding citizen:

Xterminator (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I saw this one this is very good movie to watch. People who like the thrillers. Greatly entertaining
The guys who likes scary movies they should go through this one
The Final Destination 4

I'm waiting for this.    
It will ROCK BABE
As I had played the game of Prince of Persia Warrior Within, I would love to see it in the movie

Do you think people will accept "Bourn" as "Miller"    
Woooohooooo "Bourn" as "Miller"

I think people will accept "Bourn" as "Miller" if and only if they had gone through these series first....

The Bourne Identity

The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Ultimatum

As Green Zone is a thriller that takes place in the Green Zone in Iraq before the surge by the United States,

So who ever accept it or not, but I WILL...
Can't help but dive into the hype, who's looking forward for Avatar? Goes without saying that many people through the 80's and 90's including the younger generation of today love Terminator 2 : Judgement Day(that and Jurassic Park sent the benchmark for modern CGI, nothing else stays in memory), Aliens, The Abyss(quite under-rated in my opinion) and of course the juggernaut Titanic. James Cameron is a perfectionist by some length and I can't wait to see this!
I think every one is waiting for this. It is going be BIG real big. IMDB it already has 8. 7
IMDB ratings these days almost always go overboard. IMDB and Rotten tomatoes together do it for me
By far one of the coolest,awe-inspiring guys you will ever hear about,this documentary about an endurance swimmer is one that every breathing human should see,I don't want to sound too biblical here but if you get a chance to see this,take it! Human mettle and the strength to achieve the impossible is vastly under-rated.
Big River Man

Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
The karate kid
Remake not sure about this one

Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This is great film and will smith son is acting, nice add charile!
This actually looks decent!
See this, best movie to watch  Valkyrie,  
Another one, older too
"signs" its scary movie,but lots of twist
Favorite movie in my life is bad boys, we cannot stop laugh, absolutely fantastic movie to watch.Main actor to see his martin lawrence, even will smith is acted , martin is best funny actor!

I love John Travolta's appearance as I saw him in is best role for swordfish. It was top class.
He was just too good in Pelham and says "Regina baby you got a job to do, honey."

The story is pretty simple and it started out like any ordinary day; that's likely what New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber, an employee of questionable character, was thinking when he got up and went to work in the morning. Little did he know that he'd become the confidante and "stand-in" hostage negotiator for a slick criminal mastermind who takes over the Pelham subway train and demands money in exchange for the lives of its passengers. Hearing the names Washington, Travolta, and Scott creates a lot of anticipation, predictable plot twists, shallow characters, and little tension. It's easy to watch with actors of Washington and Travolta's caliber at work....

Well we can call it's genre as Crime and thriller....

Love to see John Travolta's again....

Any one knows his good moves as this one Pelham 123,
And a little oldone Swordfish,

And Face off....

Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Has anyone seen the Japanese film 'Grave of the Fireflies' (Hotaru no haka) here? I saw it last month, and it broke my heart. It's one of the best animated films I've ever seen, definitely the most touching. The story is about an adolescent Japanese boy, Seita, and his little sister, Setsuko, in the early 1940's.
They live in Kobe, which is under heavy bombardment of the Americans. There is famine and Seita and his sister have to try to survive somehow. Telling anything more would be spoiling the film for anyone who is still planning on seeing it.

If you don't like anime, don't worry, this is barely the same (it's from 1988) as modern day anime. If you do like anime, don't expect bloody scenes or surreal fighting: it's a film that concerns the harsh truth of war and the agonising consequences for civilians
High praise coming from good old' Ebert and you of course , I'm going to check this one out J ! Have you seen Brotherhood of War? It's a Korean film but with different war themes I'm sure. Definitely one to watch though if you haven't, since I know you like war movies
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
What a coincidence; I was about to start it, but thought I'd check footytube first. A friend of mine borrowed his external HD to me and told me I had to watch Taegukgi, brotherhood of war ASAP
No point in waiting then, I've got cold ice tea, a very comfy chair and delicious penne ready!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football