Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
(PS3) FIFA 10 EPIC TOURNEY CHAT
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Hey there lads,

New strategy on the "getting a hold of your opponent for the match".

Message them or write on their wall on footytube. If they don;t seem to be replying, post your name and PSN and their name and PSN you are facing ON HERE and if they do not play you before the time, then I will award a 2 point win.

But if they do respond and neither of you are able to find a good time to play it is 0 points like I mentioned earlier.

Remember TO POST YOUR results IN THE FIFA results topic!
Alger10 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Paul; paulish10
Opponent: Mike; tassman55
Mike is not accepting any of my requests. I think I should get the win by forfeit. Just saying. Haha
Just to clarify, he doesn't have to accept your friend request. He just has to play you. Make sure you include your from footytube.
Yea I know. I've been trying to set a date to play but he doesn't reply. Theres no way I can play him if I can't get ahold of him
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm having a really hard time getting hold of everyone, no games yet and do we get to play people out of our group?  
For now just play the person on the match schedule. And if you don't get a hold of them please refer to my most recent post above
TonOfArt (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Arton, iValencia
Opponent: Wayne, Walsarsam.

So after a few days, Wayne responded, but he said he will play me next friday. I told him that it will be too late, but he hasnt responded
Then you will gain +2 points TonOfArt
Dalger18 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Dustin, dalger18  Oppomnent: Adib, adib271    Comented on his wall and sent him messages on ps3 but no respond
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Why does it feel like no one is active here and they just signed up and left
I'm scheduled to play tassman55 but he hasn't accepted my friend request yet. He didn't even accept my footytube friend request haha. So do I automatically get the win?
If he doesn't respond you'll get 2 points if he does and doesn't play then neither of you get a point like Lyndon said
Dodgymanc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Just signed on, my FIWC option is ghosted out, I can't select it. Anyone else with the same problem?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You don't need it for the tourney here
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I added walba24(wayne) but he aint been online to see it. If he don't adda me or play me. Do I get automatically kicked from the tournament by default?

Oh and I smashed the jamaican breed again 4-0
Jamaicanbreed (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I admit, good game. 2nd half I kud haf owned up at times.... If only lol
Wayne24 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't worry SergioRamos, 9 more hours til our game. Just be ready to accept defeat. Hahaha j/k
TonOfArt (Arsenal) 4 years ago
So I'm suppose to challenge Wayne and I sent him a couple messages on the PSN network but he never replied. I even saw him online but he was playing a different game. What to do?
Azfgarcia (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How do I set the match date with my opponent? Via email or ps3 itself? Sorry.... I'm a newbie with this thing.... Haha.... ;/~
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
That's up to you dude. You could write on your opponents' wall, email, or here. Whichever is more effective
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
When are you free AZ? Keep in mind I'm gmt-8
I faced the jamaican breed guy and beat him 2-1  
LOL. Too bad you won't get any points for that
Lol haha yes, but it was a nice win, and he only scored becouse I failed the spinny skill thing with my defender can't wait to face wayne
Good game. You were good. We'll play next time. You'll see a different me when I ditch this horrendous form I'm going through right now. Argghh.... LOL....

Yeah I was lucky to hold you off. But I guess roma are really strong and versatile team. Shame not many people use it
I don't know how to use it either. These days I'm figuring out if Inter suits my tactics. Bayern's centre back must be the world most slowest pair ever.... Forever chasing Torres backside...
Realmadrid9 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Ill beat you too sergio ramos, add me mrodr09 I'm the king of fifa
Haha we shall see
Hi there guys I see we have had ourself a little sportsmanship problem already?

This is suppose to be for fun, I suggest both the 30 year old and 23 year old give up their diapers for training underwear and start the maturing process.

Here is what we are doing from now on in this tournament starting with the result from Juno and Jamaicanbreed.

If you ever play eachother and they are next on your match schedule then THAT IS THE tourney match. Both players should use their heads.

The loser is Jamaicanbreed because as far as I can tell the "EA sever" cut out everytime Juno pulled ahead for the win.

Juno please stay, as you may not ever play jamaicanbreed in the tournament again.

If the game is 3-0 or more first or second half and there is a disconnect then whoever is winning better come on here and claim their victory and the other better man up and reply with confirm. Its a game but its also a tournament. These aren't games against the computer when you can quit and throw your controller on the ground. This is why I will make the final decision, like it or not just like FIFA does, and everyone lives with it.

Cheers lads keep going and have FUN!
Wayne24 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'll play Juno
I played Walba24 (Wayne24 on FT) a few times tonight, great matches. I think he's slightly better than me, but I beat him roughly half the times we played. His connection was super-flaky though. Dropped totally once or twice and other times was freezing for 3 seconds at a time.

I also played against Dalger18 (Dalger18 on FT as well) and the first game, it was 0-0 until about the 80th minute and then - apparently - his tv turned off. Say what? That's one wacky excuse. No excuses for the next game, he whipped me skinless, 7-0. Its a pity, because the first game was actually super-enjoyable and relatively close. By second game, I was totally out of the loop.

I played some other users too - apologies now but my mind is blank, please remind me

Point to note, it was 1am or 2am my time, and I was totally exhausted - but its the only time in New Zealand that anyone else from footytube is online I'd love to play midday my time with a fresh and alert brain.

Thanks everyone for the games, good luck in the tournament, and watch out for the dark horse chimpwithalimp
Realmadrid9 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Ill beat you addd me mrodr09
If I had a PS3 we would be good ant, cause I live in Australia
Hi All,

From now on
THIS topic IS JUST FOR chatting about THE tournament!

If you want to post scores, results, confirmations, please use the sister topic here

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/off-topic/ps3-fifa-10-epi...
Holy moley.

First official game of the tournament and its exploded.

We need to work out a few things.

* Timezones: I played about 6 different people tonight for fun, all from footytube, but it was 2am for me for most of it. I could barely keep my eyes open.
* Lag/Quitting: There's been loads of this. Its impossible to tell if its on purpose or not, really.
* For a tourney match, both players should agree that its a tourney match before the game.
* Play in the spirit of the game and in the spirit of footytube.

Not impossible
Jamaicanbreed (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Juno 3-0 Khalid Jamaicanbreed - Disconnection First Half
CONFIRMED
footytube FIFA 10 Champion’s League Schedule for Round 1 Matches.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember you MUST play with the teams you entered with, this may result in MAN. UTD playing Man. UTD but that is the way it’s going to have to be until next time!
When you play the matches, after the win or lose BOTH players must come HERE to footytube and winner post Final score AND names. Then the loser will post a reply not “new post” to that same post and confirm. Type Confirm. That is all.
Also, when playing matches you may NOT use created players or custom team, that should be pretty straight forward. Default squad with substitutes.

So to be clear, it does not matter the time you play your opponent, but the game has to be played within the week given and posted here also. The best scenario is to add or message the person and have all match preparation through PS3 messages so that you know they will always get the message when they sign in next. IF THE connection IS NOT GOOD DO NOT PLAY AND COME AND TELL ME! Also, if you are losing and you quit the loss will count as a point against, no excuses.
Win = 3 PTS
L= 0
Quit while losing = -1
Cheating, Lag switching = Disqualified and banned
Another note is that all games will be played in Head – Head and Play a Friend.
If needed both MUST USE Extra Time & Penalties. NO draws.

Here are the dates for the 1st Matches to be played within the weeks given. Anytime or day. Both players must agree outside the tournament to play each other, and no excuses. If you cannot play the game and post the score within the time given the games will result in both parties losing a point, and all “lag switch” and other forms of cheating can be reported indefinitely to Lyndon of lgufa in either email or on my wall. I will make decisions on people quitting and bans forfeits ect.

Dates: April 2nd – April 9th
Group A
Ant - chimpwithalimp - (Chelsea) - Juuso - jhoroa95 - (Bordeaux)
Khalid – Jamaicanbreed - (Man. UTD) - Juno – andydelz - (Bayern Munchen)

Group be
Arjay – Xvalencia - (Barcelona) - Kaden - Manuk47567890 - (Man. UTD)
Shorif – EpicNuke - (Liverpool) - Wayne - walba24 - (Liverpool)

Group see
Khan - talli_baba - (Arsenal) - Panayiotis – Pannas - (Inter Milan)
Dave - Dpt1985 - (Chelsea) - Ojo – Supremeduke - (Barcelona)

Group D
Sargent- Admiralb1atch -(Real Madrid) - Moises - mrodr09 - (Real Madrid)
Wayne – Walsarsam - (Man. UTD) - Ton- iValencia - (Arsenal)

Group E
Fizidane – fiZidane - (Chelsea) - Juan - Chynomite7 - (Valencia)
Jeffboi - Jeffboi1 - (Man. UTD) - Dan - dannamite (Liverpool)

Group F
Adib - adib271 - (Man. UTD) - Dustin - dalger18 - (Chelsea)
Robert - robert-619_rock - (Real Madrid) - Umer - makaveli_uv - (Arsenal)

Group G
Paul - Paulish10 - (Real Madrid) - Mike - Tassman55 - (Barcelona)
Arian - Arian99 - (Liverpool) - Lyndon– Skynz22 (Roma)

Group H
Omar - MorinKAshi - (Valencia) - Mohd- azf_garcia - (Man. UTD)
Cnichols - Cnichols91 - (Man. UTD) - Moyo– moyodre (Real Madrid)
This was Lyndons post guys. One week from the 2nd April to play your game. Read the rules at the top.    I have a nightmare group!
Ok so the timezone problem isn't fixed, and also what if both people don't play
Read the rules. You have from April 2nd - April 9th to find a time when both of you can play. I can't wake you up shower you and put the controller in your hand, I can only set the dates for school and hope you come! Otherwise you fail.

If both people don't play its +- 0 points for each player. It doesn't subtract from you but it sure doesn't help either

Kick4Life - changing lives through football