Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
PLEASE REPLY EVERYONE
Lifeguard 6 months ago
Hey everyone - It's Lifeguard, how are you all doing?

It has been forever since this forum or any forum not linked directly to a team has had life so I want two things:

1.) Post here saying you've read this post. I want to know how many people actually check out the forums.

2.) I want to hear your suggestions on how to bring this place back to life!

I've been here for several years now and the thing that attracted me was the community atmosphere. So help bring it back with your suggestions about what footytube can do to revive its forums.

Thanks!

Update:
New thread - goal of the week compilation

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/goal-of-the-...
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 6 months ago
Hey...
Sam (Juventus) 6 months ago
You shall not be the lone voice in the wilderness on this one Lifeguard! I've got your back!

Any and all ideas are welcome, obviously within limits. Let's get the site alive again, especially in the lead up to Brazil 2014!
Magneto1080 (Tottenham Hotspur) 6 months ago
I admire your effort in trying this, Lifeguard, and the only reason I actually came across this is because I was about to go onto TBS's wall and troll him a little. Lol.

Restoring this requires a lot of work, and I am not sure how you plan on doing so. The admins have made clear that they expect the mods to do it without any real extra help in the form of tools. Extra tools could help, including the ability to move topics from the chat onto here by mods after placing an active link. Maybe that could be a suggestion? To delete an off topic thread from a place like the premiership forum/ la liga / bundesliga/ Serie A forum members, and moving that thread here with an active link? That's a start for sure.

Competitions are another way of upping user interest. The end prize could be as simple as a badge on the player profile. You could ask just what happened to implementing that maybe? It'd be cool to have a steam profile style system where you could have multiple badges and if a certain number of badges are achieved, it could actually translate into a small monetary prize or a gift of some sort. Something as simple as a few dollars/pounds/euros of steam account wallet recharge would still be something tangible people could have for their efforts at renewing this place.

Both these ideas would go much smoother if the admins decided to try and implement some of the proposed systems in backlog for years instead of playing games of fifa and uploading them onto the site. It is an incredibly short term solution, what they're trying. There are so many things that need to be done to help a community get back to its feet on its own, not at the recordings of a member or two. That is what these forums have degenerated into now.

Solutions to involve the community need to be found, kudos to your effort in atleast trying to ask the community to step up
Lifeguard 6 months ago
Thanks for your input! You're right, it will take a lot of effort to bring this place to life
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 6 months ago
I think the fact that this topic has been up for 2 days and only had 3 replies tells you all you need to know about the state of the homepage on footytube.

It has long since died and no one comes here anymore, I used to have this part of the site bookmarked and it would be the first page I checked out when I came onto the site, scrolled through the threads and replied to a few.

Then there was the introduce yourself page, every other day there would be another new member coming onto the site and we would be there to welcome them.

This part of the site is a spammers heaven, barley gets checked and I have had to remove some spam messages as much as a week old before.

I admire the fact that you are trying Paul but it will be in vain, this part of the site no longer gets used, the team forums is where it all happens, I would love to see a revive the forums week again(I think Ayyam and Soccergal had something to do with the last one) but I just can't see it working now, it's been too long
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 6 months ago
Hey, I um.... Hm. So,

As HSV goes, so goes fTUBE's general activity....

I don't have any worthy suggestions.
I've noticed the gradual decline. I'd say if any of you truly want to take one last stab at a revival you should maybe have it coincide with the WC. There's a chance the forum might get more views just out of interest then. More chance for a spark.

-S.
Gunning4Glory (Arsenal) 6 months ago
Present! Sadly most discussion outside the forums don't get enough responds to bother with
[account-removed] 6 months ago
@lifeguard If you post highlights here, you might get more visitors
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 5 months ago
Sup
Lifeguard 5 months ago
I have some weekly complications I think I'll start posting and see if I can get some attention one week at a time.... Check back every once in a while to see if I'm still up to something
Lifeguard 5 months ago
YouMadBro (Liverpool) 5 months ago
Where am I?
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 months ago
Hello, reporting for duty fellow tubers!

I've been guilty at times just skipping over the off topic banter and other parts of this site that aren't getting used as much. I try for the silly captions comp and look-a-like thread sometimes.

As for trying to get people using it again Magneto gives some great ideas into that. Maybe post on a few different teams forums which are quite busy and have them stop by in here? Not sure really but I hope more people post in these parts!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football