Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Olympic Discussion
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Well done Anna Meares and Sally Pearson! Saved some pride for us Aussies in a mostly disappointing games.
And what a great story! 4 years ago they both won silver in the same events on the same day and now they've both gone one better.
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Michael Phelps
Roger Federer
Lionel Messi
Usain Bolt.

Those are the greatest athletes in the world if you ask me, though undoubtedly many Americans will claim some quarterback or basketball player belongs in there too, while an Indian may think a cricket player belongs in there and a rich person may think a golfer (ugh....) belongs in there.

For me it is simple: if a sport is practised by a great number of people throughout the world, and one person is so much better than every one else, he will make my list. Federer is the greatest ever tennis player, a sport practised by many millions in every part of the world, from Russia to North- and South America, from Australia and to Europe. Phelps is the greatest ever swimmer, a type of movement almost all humans will learn at a stage in their lives. Usain Bolt is the fastest ever runner, by far the most common way of moving for us. His performances are legendary, and the fact he's still the best and by far has the highest top speed is proof he's a living legend. As for Lionel Messi: Ronaldo is better
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Lolololol, what about the athletic awesomeness of Tiger Woods all nice points J, whats ecen more awesome is that all four are the personification of hardworking lads. Long live sports
AussieGooner14 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
BOLT!
Congrats to Mo Farah (Who is a Gooner )
So who do you guys tip for the 100m?

I rekon Bolt will snatch, he may not be 100%, but imo, he has enough quality to see it through, he didn't need his 100% in 2008 when he started celebrating before he finished, and his condition won't hamper him imo, Yohan Blake for the silver, and Tyson Gay for Bronze.

BeefCurtains (Limerick) 1 year ago
Bladerunner!    
Australia is such a failure
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
It's not like the aussies to struggle in any sport, maybe we have seen the end of an era, even the untouchable cricket team are just above average
Yup, it seems our golden era is just about to fall apart. But the night is darkest before the dawn ;D
[account-removed] 1 year ago
It was a surprise, especially in Cricket. They always had a replacement up and ready, as well as many promising youngsters waiting in the wings. And all of a sudden, its far too many youngsters in at once. Certainly didn't see it coming, but they might gel back in a year's time
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Andy Murray and Laura Robson beat Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Stosur in the mixed doubles Quarter finals as well!

Would have expected the Aussies to push through there!
Really disappointing Olympics, guess they have all passed their peak
Its all up when andy murray beats you.... Lol.... .... Joking john.... Lol
Lleyton Hewitt is overrated garbage Sam is class though
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
GO BRADLEY WIGGINS!
Wee buns as we say.... He's something else
Anyone gonna' watch the cycling time trial, wiggo should be starting shortly.
I can't see anyone beating wiggins in this, the mans an awesome time trialer
Congrats bradley wiggins.... Tremendous year
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Gold medal for Bradley Wiggins! That's awesome glad brittain got another gold medal in these olympics good job
SKool (Arsenal) 1 year ago
China and usa both lock on in total medals won. China are leading with 13 gold, usa have 9

And Phelps makes a world record. 19 medals to his name.

Link: www.london2012.com/news/articles/day-review-histor...
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Man that Phelps is a freak.... Congrats to him on the record. Now go away and let someone else win something

Best name in Olympics so far haha
Looks like she's ready to "dump one" in that pic
Ba dum tss
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
I have been watching the Mens and Womens Hockey. Great games faced paced and exciting. Some of the tackles would put Prem stars on their arses for a month. In Team GB Kate Walsh had her jaw broken, had surgery on it (metal plate fitted) and is still thinking about playing the next match!
Brazil to win Gold in the football? Or will they choke in the end?  New Zealand will get smashed tonight, just my opinion haha
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Anyone notice the disgraceful scoring in the boxing?
The boxing has been great, but where the fook do they get these judges?
Even the commentators are baffled, ex fighters and pundits completely confuddled.... Lol
Captainobvious 2 years ago
Ukriane just got slapped in the face in the teams gymnastics finals

Kick4Life - changing lives through football