Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
League Of Legends
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
Epic fail hahaha

Enjoy mates and Play the original game my friends its called DotA haha hit me up if you ever feel like playing for fun and playing the real thing
[account-removed] 2 years ago
That video made me shudder. Don't even feel like touching Dota 2 now! Lol
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
Haha I'm excited when they start doing more with it they're still in the beta stages and giving out beta keys here and there but they're hard to get haha. IceFrog is a genius haha he basically created all these games and made them mega successful haha
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
It's stalled god dammit!

Updating is 33% complete and if I try to repair installation it says it may take a very long time!

Help!
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
You poor thing!
Darn! That's horrible luck John. I don't know why it took so long to install, truth be told. It happened to me the first time I tried to install it, and I installed it within the "sandbox mode" of my antivirus and it just wiped it clean after I downloaded it all. So what happened eventually? Did you manage to finish the installation?
Yeah I just clicked repair and off it went, took about another half hour but got there in the end, I sent you a friend request, I'm FortBear!

It's pretty damn difficult might I add, I am just doing the tutorial mode but I have lost both times, I did manage to defeat 1 turret and 1 champion, other than that I think I was pretty useless! Lol
Hmm. I didn't get an invite. Did you login to the EU west server? We're all on the NA server. I do have an account on the EU west server, although its a low level account with no champs. If you prefer playing there, I don't mind playing there either

And don't worry John. Its a little daunting at first, you'll learn quite quickly. We can play a game together sometime and I can guide you through and give you some tips that I learnt the hard way. I'm sure Vishal can do even better, if you manage to catch him on at any point, especially if you pick melee based champs. Its all to do with positioning, and staying behind your minions, and staying at the right range to deal maximum damage

On a very unrelated note, you might want to have a look at a champ called Wukong. Not because he's excellent, but because he's got a troll beating stick
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
We need more playahs!
I'm downloading just now, 2 hours 40 mins to go
Ffs, so it downloaded and I ran the install shield now it's applying patches and updating and what not, have to wait a further 2 and a bit hours, this better be worth the 5 hours it takes to get it up and running! Lol
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I play predominantly melee champs.

Top lane/Bot lane - Jax, Xin Zhao, Fizz
Mid - Fizz, Ziggs, Ashe
Jungle - Jax
Support - No. I'm the worst support.
Tank - Volibear

Username - Vish024

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

If you had a real weapon.... Lol

Good to know vishal. I'll add you up. I haven't usually been playing, so what times do you usually play? Can plan ahead maybe to make it happen
I started to download it but because my internet connection is so damn slow it's gonna' take 4 hours!

Will continue that download on my day off and report back to you then!
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'm on at weird hours here because of my Uni schedule, depends when you're on.    Also, tremble AT MY RAWR.
@Vishal: I work from home and am on at weird times as well. Lol. My timings usually tend to be flexible as I'm quite nocturnal, and am online both at your mornings and your evenings, though I'm not 100% sure.

@John: Hah! Brilliant. Didn't think you'd join in, but would be quite cool if you did! While I couldn't help you out like you did for me in the other game (sorry about that. Totally forgot about it during the moving! Lol) since there is no way to actually do something of the sort, I have a pretty decent theoretical knowledge about the game and can easily share till it possibly bores you to death and you just want to yell "stop talking already and lets play!"

@Anyone new who's possibly interested and hasn't played the game before (Robin, John), the game is mostly a strategy game, but you only control your own unit. The artwork style is slightly on the cartoonish style, but it is something that even as a 3D programmer, I've grown to love and prefer over 3D for this genre.

Two teams of 5 players each play the game against each other, with a varying type of roles. There are three "lanes" which can be chosen, and some connecting "jungles" to explore with a few creeps, leading to 4 possible routes to pick. Usually, one person goes to the "top lane", one goes middle, two go bottom and one into the jungle. Initially, till we get used to the game, we can play versus some AI "bots" with two difficulties. Its still quite fun, and teaches you teamwork, for we need both teamwork and communication to win in this game.

Game usually lasts 30 minutes on an average, however in player versus player mode, one team can surrender if they are getting overrun after 20 minutes. Some games might go upto 40, but this is a little rare. However, there are games that I have taken part in where players are far too cautious or far too reckless, pushing the game out to over 1 hour! This is an absolute rarity, and an honest average is 30 minutes per game.

If I still haven't scared you off, then download away ^_^ Game's free to play
Right lads. We've had some discussions regarding League of Legends (and cookies). Might as well have a particular area where we can discuss it and maybe collaborate and play together

What role do you play? If you play all roles, what are your favs in each role?

I prefer playing Support, or AD carry. However, I am learning to play top lane as well as am passable at Mid lane. Best with Alistair CC Support, and Kogmaw AD carry.

Top Lane - Yorick
Mid - Ziggs
Support - Alistar
AD - Kogmaw
Jungling - Never have, and looks like I never will either!
OH HO HO Username: Naota1212
Username : MadTen (NA server)
Thirteengoals (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Never played it but I am a fast learner
Do it DO itttt because I suck
You ought to start, Thirteengoals. I'm sure the people who play can guide you down the right path if you have any questions at all

Kick4Life - changing lives through football