Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
If You Could Meet Any Footy Player Who Would It Be?
RoxiiUtd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
David Beckham. And if it wasn't for what was his pregnant wife I would have already did last month in Gary Neville's testimonial gala dinner but oh well.... It wasn't meant to be
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Zindine Zidane
Cloudst 3 years ago
Thierry Henry! Or Tony Adams
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Zidane and totti...
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
If you say ANY, then I would do any thing to bring the legendery george best back, he's really what football is all about, if only I could of seen him play, exept of the videos on youtube.

Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho without a doubt he came in my city this week with Ac Milan, but I couldn't see him because of my exams only videos posted by friends.... Grr lool
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I wouldn't pick somebody based on the "aurora" of footy greatness they are thought to emit. Rather, I would look to a practical reason of meeting them....

Papa Bouba Diop to lift weights with or reach the top shelves of my bookcase....

Cristiano Ronaldo would be a great wing-man at a party, I'm sure.... John Terry would only get me in trouble.

For some reason I think a game of cards with Fernando Torres sounds fun? Idk....

Messi to play Wii-tennis with.... He's an easy-going type.

Rooney to drop-off at a local American soccer club and get lost in the sea of American Man UTD posers....

Any of them sound like a good day to me.

I think these are all pretty practical ideas.

Dizzler (Leeds United) 4 years ago
Met Marlon King in a club using the punch bag machine.... He was warming up for the talent.

I would like to meet Edgar Davids or Alvaro Recoba.... 2 of my favourite players! I havnt met many footballers really.... Lucas Radebe, Aaron Lennon, Peter Reid, Ian Harte, Alan Smith and Jason Wilcox who is the soundest bloke ever.... What a pro.

I wish I could unmeet Danny Mills.... What a f****n idiot

Oh2bagunner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Cesc fabregas.... I want to ask him personally whether he is going to barca or not.
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Jealous of you guys! Besides Trinidadian footballers like a young Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy I've never met anyone really....
I would like to meet Ronaldo (Brazilian), we could have drinks and chase trannies together, lol.... And either Ian Wright, Henry, Bergkamp or RVP
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Ian wrights a cool dude, he does a radio show here, well he did, think he has a tv show now
Highburykev (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I met Gareth Southgate playing "Who wants to be a millionaire" on a bandit at Leeds airport. He won 20quid and said I could have half for telling him the answer hahahahahaha. He was kind enough to give me a free pic around the bandit too!

Met Paul Mcgrath on Day 9 of his 17 day drinking session around Ireland. I met him in Galway, when he gatecrashed a wedding and he got mashed for free, as they love him in Ireland. 2 days later, mass media broadcasts "where is Paul now", don't buy him any drinks, we are worried for a legend etc. What a guy!

But.... .... If I could meet any player, then it would be Henrik Larsson. He was an absolute magnificent player at every club he went to, won it all and was the ultimate hero, goal-scoring machine, professionsl, gentleman, etc. I would ask him about why he stayed at Cletic so long, how was it to play for Barca and make those 2 goals in the Champs League final, and what made him go to Old Trafford for a 3 month loan.... Absolute GOD!
Paul mcgrath was a brilliant central defender, bit like ledley king with the knee probs, but never let utd or ireland down.
He did go a bit george best at times, and it reminded me of the times in the papers and the tv.... "where is george best", it was a witch hunt, the guy could go nowhere, paul mcgrath suffered some of that treatment
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I've met Maldini, Kaka, David Beckham, Roone, Man City Robino at a bus station lol :S. The whole FC Porto team of 2005 in a hotel in Lisbon. I've met loads of players but i've never met Pele, Best or Zidane there probably who I would like to of met
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
You've met maldini?  Envy is me mate, he is the purest legend there is
Yea Maldini is my all time player. I got him to sign my program years ago. Possibly one of the nicest people I could ever meet
Barracuda (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Roy kean, Ohhh that should be nervy day lol
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Cahill, Beckham, Henry, Torres, and a lil off topic, Muhammad Ali!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
And any chelsea player past or present! , also Zidane, Maradonna, and Pele!
I'd love to meet Ali
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I wish I could meet Henry and Beckham
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Just meeting a player? I'd say Cruijff, and I already have, in Rotterdam when I was about 14. I shook his hand knowing full well that there and then a living legend, not just of football, but of mankind stood before me.

But I'd much rather spend a day or so with a player, talking about anything varying from football to politics. Cruijff also springs to mind, but Xavi Hérnandez is definitely one of my idols too. And I know he's a clever and interesting guy from interviews, so it would be a real honour
Not politics surely jeroen.... Lol, do you wanna bore them to death mate? .  
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I'm sure politics with footballers will soon turn out to be another football affairs.... LOL
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha, well, I find politics the perfect topic to whine on and on about. And every now and then, you just have to do that to let off some steam. And Juno: you're right! When I'm debating with friends or family, I often draw comparisons with football. The sport is a world on its own you know

Kick4Life - changing lives through football