Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
If You Could Meet Any Footy Player Who Would It Be?
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
If you could meet any footy player who would it be, one from actuality and one from the pass dead or alive doesn't matter
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Rooney! And I already have, a few or so years ago, I don't usually go to those places to crowded
[account-removed] 3 years ago
It would be great to meet Rooney, but your right its too crowed there
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I've met Rooney he is a very shy person. Top man though
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Who else but Ronaldinho!  And I also I would love to meet the purest legend in history, our one and only Paolo Maldini!
Senthil (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Any footystars! Even indian footballers
Adamaus (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Beckham, as a young kid I looked up to him and wanted to be like him. He got me motivated to do well in football, is the reason why I started going to manchester united and is a footballing icon who has achieved A LOT throughout his career
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Maradona.

For me, the most gifted player ever. However bad his attitude might be.

And Zidane.

The most graceful player ever. However bald his head may be. LOL
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
That's a bit harsh juno.... Lmao.... An anti baldy lobbyist.... Hehehe, thank god I have hair
   Bald? Hmmm...
Nice one.... Lol
Well I have already met mine, rest his soul.... George best.
I have met a few other players like gabriel heinze, dennis irwin, paul parker, david may, norman whiteside, jonny and corey evans, david mccreery, mal donaghy, ally mccoist, and a few other less well known players
Looks like you've met a lot of football players
Kinda envy you living in England, Tony. Haha...
I live in belfast northern ireland juno, but englands only 45-50 minutes on the plane, and not too expensive thanks to easyjet.... Lol
And most of those players I have met in northern ireland, apart from gabby heinze, who I met at old trafford, plus most of them are northern irish
The only place I can fly in 45-50 mins is probably Melbourne. Haha. And I'm not really a fan of their footie here.

Can see why the envy? LOL...
What about ant's outfit.... Welly phoenix.... Lol
Ronaldinho I would do any thing to meet, the greatest football player in history!    Everyone wants to meet Ronaldinho
Haha, i've already met the greatest.... Lol
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Ghengis Khan? Alexander the Great? Charlemagne?
Or Ronaldinho?
Just meeting a player? I'd say Cruijff, and I already have, in Rotterdam when I was about 14. I shook his hand knowing full well that there and then a living legend, not just of football, but of mankind stood before me.

But I'd much rather spend a day or so with a player, talking about anything varying from football to politics. Cruijff also springs to mind, but Xavi Hérnandez is definitely one of my idols too. And I know he's a clever and interesting guy from interviews, so it would be a real honour
Not politics surely jeroen.... Lol, do you wanna bore them to death mate? .  
I'm sure politics with footballers will soon turn out to be another football affairs.... LOL
Haha, well, I find politics the perfect topic to whine on and on about. And every now and then, you just have to do that to let off some steam. And Juno: you're right! When I'm debating with friends or family, I often draw comparisons with football. The sport is a world on its own you know
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I wish I could meet Henry and Beckham
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Cahill, Beckham, Henry, Torres, and a lil off topic, Muhammad Ali!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
And any chelsea player past or present! , also Zidane, Maradonna, and Pele!
I'd love to meet Ali
Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Roy kean, Ohhh that should be nervy day lol
I've met Maldini, Kaka, David Beckham, Roone, Man City Robino at a bus station lol :S. The whole FC Porto team of 2005 in a hotel in Lisbon. I've met loads of players but i've never met Pele, Best or Zidane there probably who I would like to of met
You've met maldini?  Envy is me mate, he is the purest legend there is
Yea Maldini is my all time player. I got him to sign my program years ago. Possibly one of the nicest people I could ever meet
Highburykev (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I met Gareth Southgate playing "Who wants to be a millionaire" on a bandit at Leeds airport. He won 20quid and said I could have half for telling him the answer hahahahahaha. He was kind enough to give me a free pic around the bandit too!

Met Paul Mcgrath on Day 9 of his 17 day drinking session around Ireland. I met him in Galway, when he gatecrashed a wedding and he got mashed for free, as they love him in Ireland. 2 days later, mass media broadcasts "where is Paul now", don't buy him any drinks, we are worried for a legend etc. What a guy!

But.... .... If I could meet any player, then it would be Henrik Larsson. He was an absolute magnificent player at every club he went to, won it all and was the ultimate hero, goal-scoring machine, professionsl, gentleman, etc. I would ask him about why he stayed at Cletic so long, how was it to play for Barca and make those 2 goals in the Champs League final, and what made him go to Old Trafford for a 3 month loan.... Absolute GOD!
Paul mcgrath was a brilliant central defender, bit like ledley king with the knee probs, but never let utd or ireland down.
He did go a bit george best at times, and it reminded me of the times in the papers and the tv.... "where is george best", it was a witch hunt, the guy could go nowhere, paul mcgrath suffered some of that treatment
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Jealous of you guys! Besides Trinidadian footballers like a young Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy I've never met anyone really....
I would like to meet Ronaldo (Brazilian), we could have drinks and chase trannies together, lol.... And either Ian Wright, Henry, Bergkamp or RVP
Ian wrights a cool dude, he does a radio show here, well he did, think he has a tv show now

Kick4Life - changing lives through football