Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
How Did You Find Out About Footytube?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
It always interests us how people managed to happen upon our little part of the internets.

So, how did you find footytube?
Was it through google, or a friend recommendation, or was it through some other means?
How long ago?

Also, when did you find out about the beta?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I have emails in my sent mail from about august 2007, when I was recommending FT to some friends, so I guess I'm a long time user. I can't remember how I found it - probably through word of mouth or Google to be honest.

Regarding the beta, I think I saw a link asking to submit your email addy to be included and I jumped on it
Abepaih (Arsenal) 4 years ago
When I got accepted to college(2006), I was desperate to watch any football highlight while being there. Then my friend suggest me to the old footytube site. So he's the one to get the credit here. Then about two years(I think) I was sticking to the old site, I found out about beta there. I signed up for that email thing, and waiting for quite a long time before I can access the beta because the ad in the old site says that beta should be available on dec 08. Well now I'm a happy footytube beta user. You guys rock!
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I came up here from Jamaica going through my whole leukemia thing for the past 5 years so I was not home to watch games they didn't have any soccer channels in the hospital and before I got better I use to me lucky to catch few games on espn and msg so I thoght to myself " theres gotta' be a website for you to go on to watch football on
" so I looked I found a couple but I didn't like them. Then I found footytube and I just fell in love ! I saw the update for whatever it was but I didn't care about it much but when I found out what it was I really got interested and signed up! footytube is beast!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I was looking for highlight sites for footy on the web one day and found Little footytube
With lots of great vids.
Then you saying footytube 2. 0 to come out I singed up my Email, Got the Email and signed up .

At first I didn't even think much, bout the whole My-space almost type thing, and did my normal
Vid watching.

Then I wanted to make a comment on footytube bout the site, I stumbled upon all these forums and fell in love ever since.

And because of the General Chat with Lee on and all I was updated bout footytube.

That's my story
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I was barred for using Television During the last 2 years, I was a football freak, I couldn't stay away from seeing my favorite team competing. But I was having the Internet connection so I was surfing on the web for the site to provide football highlights. It took me 2 days to find this great site and now I am loving it.
This site is much more than a TV to me in our country we don't have much Football showing channels all show only cricket so this a TV for Me.
That's my story, I tell about this site to my friends and many became members even female ones
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I was browsing the web for a site that lets me watch footie highlights.... Legally. And I stumbled apon footytube beta. I read thios thing that said " Give us your emails and we shall update you " or something.

I Thought Nahhh.... Ill never join this thing.... Maybe ill just give them my details. And a month or so on it was a great idea
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
I had always used to watch videos of recent matches on myspace or youtube, then my teammate mentioned footytube to me and I fell in love! I was so happy! Not only did I get to watch my favourite matches from the EPL, but I got to watch games from all of the other major leagues, and then some! After that, like everyone else has said, the private beta for 2.0 was offered. I entered my email address in almost about 15 times. After about a month I believe, I finally got a chance to witness greatness lol and here we are now today.

Oh yeah Lee, you have finally fell victim to posting a topic that someone else has already done! In your respect, this thread has more feedback than the previous one.

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/off-topic/how-did-u-know-...
Yes it was an, errr, ummm, a cunning test, yes a test, to see if the mods are doing their job properly. They have failed miserably, and tomorrow I will be getting my whip out and suitably chastising them.

Or...I forgot all about the other thread and i've been caught out :-/

<- Lowers head in shame
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I just want to point out that I knew about the old thread, but didn't say anything in fear of being executed for correcting the fuhrer
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
LOL execute him now Lee!
Sie knien auf meine Füße, und bitten um Vergebung. Sie sind nichts. Ich Sheisen Sie zum Abendessen Diener!
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
They are coming for you  
I guess I'm headed for the gallows as well.    *sniff sniff*    *hang*    
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Got recommended by a friend to this website since v1 and found out this site has great vids and continued when footytube starts beta
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I found out while searching for Arsenal highlights on Google
M4rsenal (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Me too...
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Being in I canada rarely get to watch any kind of football (until this year when I got setanta) so I always searched the internet to find websites where I could watch highlights and I remenber I stumbled upon this website last year when I was looking for chelsea vs liverpool champions league semi-final, so it was in april 2008 when I discovered this website and since then I have been coming here every saturday and sunday
Nitro (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I want to say on TV but nah it was through mates and email

Ps would be really cool if there was a TV ad for footytube, I can imagen it being so cheesy that's its so good
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That would be f*****g awesome if there was an ad for footytube. It would have Lee come up and say:

"Hi, Lee here for footytube!"
How very odd of you two, we have 4 video ads planned (not for TV yet though). But cheesy would be the best word to describe them How did you know?

P. S. Will be featuring Matt instead of myself, as he has a much more humorous face. Plus he's ginger
Ah yes, TV loves the redheads lol
Tichi95 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I found footytube on a site calledLink: www.pondus.no , tss
Ltm017 4 years ago
My boyfriend when he came on to check some stuff out and then when he left I went on and he was still signed in. I started to use it and wanted to take it over but he seriously almost had a heart attack and he just made one for me
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I was looking for highlights on youtube then one vid I found had footytube on the vid itself or the description can't remember. That was about 2-3 years ago. Ever since then I have been really grateful especially for introducing the viva futbol series to me

Kick4Life - changing lives through football