Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Great IPhone Apps And Games
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
For those lucky enough to have an iPhone or iPod touch, list here your favourite games and apps that you get great fun out of.

My first recommendation is a new game called Rope and Fly

You essentially are spiderman, swinging from skyscraper to skyscraper in a 2d environment but with wonderful ragdoll physics for the movement. The aim of the game is simple. Swing through the city for as long as possible before you splat on the ground. Its just incredible quick fun. You tap a skyscraper to shoot a rope towards it, tap again to release it, and that's it. No other controls.

Heres a video review

Game costs a dollar and theres a limited free edition available
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Mm I think I might get that one!
Ltm017 5 years ago
Sudoku! The one and only
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I actually found that one of the best is "Lets Golf" nicely engineered

Thanks ManUK, I might check it out. Looks fun
During the season, an app I use on a daily basis is "iFooty. Its a great way of keeping in touch with the league standings and team news on the go.

Note: this isn't me in the video, just saw it on youtube

I also use "my football"
You can see league tables and stats for almost every major league and competition in the world

ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Nice I use these and the internet Actually and it bout covers my needs
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah iFooty is really good, I've been using it a lot this World Cup!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I really suggest you get X2 Football.

This gamem is way better than real soccer although it dosent have the multiplayer mode which real soccer does. Another negative is that there are no clubs its all international teams
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Actually I like Real Soccer 09 better than that. I recommend it cause it's the best footy game on there. I know it seems quite american with the whole soccer bit but it's still better
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You probably liked it more than X2 beacuse it has all the clubs and and offers different stadiums and stuff but when you actually compare controls and AI, X2 is better in my opinion. Another thing I liked about X2 is that its difficult levels are right. In real soccer it was too easy to play at normal and too hard at hard difficulty
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Real football is a dollar, X2 is about ten bucks, right?
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
6. 99.... Yeah its a bit high but when I bought real soccer 09 it was 9. 99 so...
ToroNero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
A pretty good app for European football is Eurosport (FREE). It's a simple (yet very easy on the eyes) program that gives you news updates, Live reports (with minute by minute commentary for EPL games and some others) and has past & present results for EPL; La Liga; Bungesliga; Serie A; Ligue 1; and the Champions League. (For the current season of course)

Also, if you're interested in other sports. They have a wide selection as well
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Tiger Woods PGA Tour, AC Milan, At Bat 2009, Bloons Tower defence, Parking Mania, Fieldrunners, Tap Tap Revenge, Dactyl (possibly best app when really bored), Bike or Die!, Pocket God, I Dig It, Monopoly, Flight Control, Touchgrind, Real Tennis 09, iDaft, 21 Pro.
Most of these cost money, but I get them for free....If you want to know how just ask
If you wish to browse for apps just to get an idea as to how they are check this site out:
Appulo.Us
It only works sometimes, and there is no www. Or anything. Searching it in google and then clicking the link works occasionally as well
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I just sit in class doing Blocked
My current favourite game on the iphone is Hook Champ. It's a total gem.

Go get it!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lool Haha Looks fun
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Ok so I haven't been able to stop playing Iphone games of late. I'm going through a bit of a retro game frenzy, so I installed 2 classic adventure games that I didn't finish on the Amiga.

They are:

Beneath a Steel Sky

And Broken Sword.

I also installed the classic Civilisation and Settlers (strategy games).

I just downloaded Beneath a Steel Sky, hopefully its decent! Looks great

Kick4Life - changing lives through football