Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube Revival Week
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Hi guys, what's up? Anyone has a spare world class striker who is lightning quick, can score fantastic goals, and also is great at creating assist?
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Messi ronaldo much? I dunno what you're talking about
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Probably referring to torres
Juventusfc (Juventus) 3 years ago
Yeah maybe torres
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Okay guys, we should sticky this so it doesent get lost. I also have an idea of getting footytube's most influential to advertise for us
I'm just posting this so it doesent get thrown on the 2nd page
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Thank you all for this effort, it would be good for the forums to be a fun place to hang out again
PS I stickied it and put it in a few more topics
Thanks Ant I didn't want this getting lost in the multiple pages of new stuff
Thank God, thank you Ant for stickying it! BTW I'm going on an advertising spree
[account-removed] 3 years ago
I missed this "revival". Bummer. The reason I missed it is because a couple of weeks ago I became pissed off with coming here just to be met by stupid, pathetic, childish, rascist, etc etc posts. Perhaps that's the problem with footytube, it's full of stupid, pathetic, childish, rascist, etc etc football "fans".

When I entered into a dialogue (with a moderator) I was accused by him of "twisting things" to my ends. When in fact I was mereley bringing to his attention the fact that footytube is full of stupid, pathetic, childish, rascist, etc etc "fans", the majority of whom seem to be "fans" of one club, the club this moderator supports, or perhaps more accuratly, is a "fan" of.

I will still come here from time to time, but not nearly as often as I had been.

A sugestion! Put a "block this user" option as well as a report option on the pages. That may go some way to reviving and prolonging the life of footytube. It would be a shame if footytube vanished, it's a great idea
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
If that's aimed at me mate your way off the mark, and most footytubers will tell you that.
If I thought for one minute I was biased towards my own group of fans, I would pack this in.

I have had more run ins with utd fans than you have had hot dinners mate, so I'm not overly pleased with your accusations.
You don't even know me mate, maybe get to know someone, then make a judgement
Hey dude, I'm backing tony up on this, he doesent say anything racist or biased, so back off, you can tell how popular he is, if you look around the site or his profile then you could see. He's a huge reason that this place isn't youtube comment section.

Check this out

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/off-topic/footy-tuber-of-...
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Tony is an example not just as a moderator, but as a great guy and it would be a honor for any kind of forum in the Net, on sports or other things, to have him as an active user.
People like him improve any community they become part of, so your allegations do not fit with the experience that most of us have had with Tony here
Tony had two biscuits left and I asked him for one and he laughed and stuffed both in his mouth
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Lol Ant. Now I am starting to change my mind about him. A wolf in sheep clothes he seems to be.
(Unless they were stale and he was trying to protect you )
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
This sound good
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I am in been very busy lately, but I can surely put in more time for the sake of the forums
Well two people listened to my advertising
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Visit Link: www.footytube.com/forums/off-topic/dear-ant-4774/...
For Ant's consultation if you have any problems.
I always loved that thread
Christ, I didn't even see there were three awaiting answer on that topic. All up to date now
What do you think guys, renew it for another week or stop it here and see if the forums keep active?
Yea maybe one or two more weeks since I'll have holiday all of next week I'll get more time on the forums
Ok, so it's officially renewed for another week. I'm not sure we need it though, the forums have kind of taken over with posts themselves. Just as I planned
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 3 years ago
Is there really any point? I think so many people have contributed already one more week won't really make much difference
Yea your right, but just for any complainers. It doesn't matter anymore though
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I've enjoyed seeing all the topics I missed because I am fairly new, there have been some golden ones in there that I wonder how they fell to the bottom so easily
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Paul it doesent stop you going back 9-10 pages and reading and commenting on them, that's what they are there for, but some users take advantage and just make one and two word comments, thinking they are cheating the system for fv, but it doesent work.
The other major downfall if someone brings too many old threads back, is that all the brand new threads will get pushed off the first page, were they should be, and that's not right, so while its good to comment on old threads, we don't want anyone going mad and commenting on every thread.
The same thing happened in the "introduce yourself to footytube " section, where users were going back a year to welcome people, and the new users who were expecting replies were pushed back two or three pages and no one was seeing them and replying, so keep this in mind lads
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I've always learned that you don't get anything unless you work for it, and that's been my view even for something as simple as fan valuation. Now I don't give rude votes to people who make one or two word comments, but I do wish sometimes they wouldn't post if that's all they can say
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I don't know any of the new faces except for ManUK and Charlie but I'm in for this. Just got back after a month(ish) hiatus. Hello world
It's over now guys, thanks for all the help and support. The forums are looking good again
Absolutely awesome work manuk, the forums are once again a really fun place to be
Thanks for the idea ManUk! Looks like the forums are slowly being revived again
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Remember this? Worked for a while...
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Yeah reading through it alot of effort went into it, I was new here then and probably not so regular, but it certainly drilled up alot of interest, the hard part is keeping it going!
Luckily it's not yet as bad as it was before, lets keep it that way
BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
Hmm.... I'm not really liking the dead horse comparison
I'm with Bobo/Kaden, on one hand even if did revive the "forums" it'd come like this in a matter of weeks, on the other hand we can't let it degenerate like this
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 3 years ago
Bobo?
Peteko 3 years ago
Bobo posted it here by mistake. He meant it for the blog titled: The Premier League Is Dying On Its Feet

Kick4Life - changing lives through football