Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Football Manager 12
Cloudst 3 years ago
It will be released on October 21st

Link: www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2012-revealed.h...

What are you guys interested in seeing? What improvements do you want to see? And what do you think of the new features that have been introduced so far?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'm always interested in how they rate players, especially new promising players and players I rate highly. Apart from that, I hope they improve the way the players actually play a LOT. Not a lot of people do it, but you should really check out a full game once. Even the best players make the dumbest mistakes all the time; it just doesn't show in the highlights. And I'm sick of seeing good dribblers doing stepovers all the time when they aren't even taking on defenders! There are so very much mistakes in the way the players play, it made the whole managing thing seem pointless. What good is it to let your players cross from the byline if they run across it 4 out of 5 times?! They so often miss the easiest tap-ins too, but score incredible long shots all the time.

So, if the way they play isn't dramatically improved (read: made more realistic), I won't buy the game. And I hope it'll finally be possible to play like a team now, because good offensive players (no matter how good their teamwork is) try to do everything alone in the game
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
The byline thing is a load of rubbish I never even notice the difference. I would like to see defensive tactics that can actually work. Whenever momentum is against me it always results in conceeding a goal its almost impossible to play defensively and win or even hold a lead.

Lol I noticed too some players score amazingly greedy goals and tap ins are quite rare
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
I don't agree about the byline instructions, if implemented in the right circumstances they make a big difference. As for FM 2012, I'm not hoping for anything in particular, they seem to get better with every new version
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I'd like for it to be free
Cloudst 2 years ago
Miles Jacobson explaining some of the new features in FM 2012:

Peteko 2 years ago
I am addicted to this game
Peteko 2 years ago
Wouldn't it be hilarious if you tried to get Tevez in from the bench and he refused?
Peteko 2 years ago
What I can't stand are the limitations from the board when I am discussing new contracts. I get the principle and I agree that limits should exist, but sometimes they border on non-sense
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I feel okie. I just hope some rich daddy takes over the club so I can spend like crazy. For the record, I like using challenger teams like Spurs, Liverpool etc whose club has potential to win the league but somehow doesn't fulfil that in real life...
Peteko 2 years ago
Juno, try playing for Manchester City and you will have a blast. I bought eventually both Ronaldo and Messi and everyone that I set my eyes on, including Torres (he does score in FM11) and Fabregas. (And believe it or not, Tevez never refused to play.)
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
But they have lots of good players already. I prefer to start off with some players positions in uncertainty so that I can buy good young players to replace them.... I kinda of feel when I win the league, its like saying that my tactics are so fuking good compared to the predecessor who fail to win them silverwares.... Lol. Maybe its just me...
Cloudst 2 years ago
Cloudst 2 years ago
Playing the Demo its such a deep game I recommend everyone should check out the demo they've fixed up a lot of stuff
Fichado9 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Can't wait to take Newcastle United and make history with them

Kick4Life - changing lives through football