Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA Manager Vs Football Manager?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I trust at least some of you guys play manager games.... So which is better FIFA manager or Football Manager?
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Football Manager every time, I love the game. The database is huge and it is far more responsive to tactics. You actually feel under-pressure and start to sympathise with managers

In my most recent game, I have taken 1860 Munchen from mid-table in the 2nd. Bundesliga (Second Division) (08/09) and have them challenging for the Bundesliga title at the minute (14/15) while being competitive in the Champions League. (I have screenshots by the way)

I'm looking forward to the new Football Manager
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
N/A
I'm using QPR for my first season of Football Manager....
I've only played 10 games.... Doin pretty well.... 2nd in the championship table.... Beat Newcastle in the carling cup.... But sometimes it's kinda frustrating....
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
NO WAY, CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER ALL DAY!
Sorry man, I missed that one....  I've never played it before....
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 5 years ago
Il tell you don't bother
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Ya, Football Manager more than covers pretty much everything
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I can't believe people who know something about football do not prefer FM. It is so much more realistic (although still unrealistic, especially the match engine - just watch a full match and you'll see) and the players' stats are so much more accurate. And that's what's most important to me: that the thousands and thousands of players in the database are given realistic stats, realistic potential and act realistic on the field.
It's too bad the match engine is so horrid though: if you watch a game in extended highlights and definitely the full game, then every minute there is something hugely unrealistic. A world class player that just runs over the line with the ball, crosses it a mile behind the goal, waits for 5 seconds until the opponents steal the ball or -my personal favourite- an excellent striker that misses the easiest of chances, often an open goal.
Sure, these things happen in real life as well, but only a couple of times every season, not multiple times in half a match. It's like the engine has a scoreline that's predetermined once you start the match. As soon as the scoreline is realised, the players of the better team start doingh aweful things and completely seem to lack motivation
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Can you believe I'd never heard about Football Manager until now. And here I thought FIFA Manager Mode was amazing
Durco13 (SC Heerenveen) 3 years ago
I prefer Fifa Manager.

1. The player difference are much better.
2. And yeah the money system is a bit unrealistic, but that's not very bad, but in the new game Fifa manager 12 the improved that so.
3. Everything looks a little bit better, realistic faces, the menu's everything
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
I play FM for the content, not player faces and better menus...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I like Fifa manager because I can add me into and I am now the 3rd best player in the game

From what i've heard Football manager is a lot more realistic and you can change the tactics around a lot more. Fifa manager is a lot more commercial.

I prefer Fifa manager because you can do things like upgrade your stadium and upgrade // improve training facilities. You can also build miscellaneous stuff to bring in extra income! Which really helps.

I'm about to finish the end of my second season with Man Utd and my current team is.

-------------Van Der Sar----------- GK

-------Ramos--Vidic--Ferdinand(see)------ DEF

---------ME-------Hargreves-------- DEF MID

--Ronaldo--------KaKa-------Ribery-- AM // wingers

-----------Rooney-----Benzema---------- ST

Bench:
Neuer
Evans
Rafael // Fabio
Carrick // mousassa sissoko
Anderson
Nani
Berbatov

Also my stadium is upgraded to 91, 000
My miscellaneous facilities bring in 1. 5m per month (I got things like Movie theatres, shopping centres, High rise buildings, rented flats etc....)
I also just made a 75m pound bid for Terry as ferdinand gets tires really easily on my game I play him for 1 game and his energy is down to 50-70 for the next 2 (and his training scope in easy)
I'm also trying to pick up a DM since I recieved a good bid for carrick, which I'm not sure wether or not to accept
Wow that sounds like fun
I agree that Fifa Manager lets you do more and have more to do.... It's more fun....
Yet Football Manager is more realistic, with more focusing about the game itself instead of the club....
Who needs realism when playing a game? I mean its a game, there for entertainment.

Also ManUK if you don't want to pay for it. Sign up to bitsoup. Org and download it
How does that work? Is it illegal haha
Yea it works.    Its just a torrent site. There is also ilovetorrents.com
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Does anyone else think that fm2008 was better than fm2009?

I know they added the 3d match engine, but the interface is slow and clunky quite often find myself mushing a button several times before anything happens. The assistant manager briefings before the game but tend to always be 'show strikers onto weaker foot' 'close down star midfielder' 'hard tackle him as well'.

It also annoys me when I am creating a custom tactic I can only add an arrow directly in front of or behind a players position. In 2008 I had a nice curved arrow to the position I actually wanted the player to run to.

Minor gripes I know but then again the improvements were minor too. Either version of this game has the ability to suck time from you, the in clock game seems to go only slightly slower than real life.

Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yes, exactly; FM09 is horribly slow and tbh the match engine is horrible, like I said before, just watch a full match (high speed of course), not just highlights, and you'll see a dozen of idiotic things the first 15 minutes of the game already. Perhaps (most likely actually) that engine was just as bad before 3D, but you only saw a bunch of dots kicking a disc around
And I don't know if there is a massive amount of data that has to be processed, or if the game isn't programmed well, but the waiting times are irritatingly long. Often just watch a film while playing, but FM sometimes causes my computer to crash if VLC is running, which only adds to the frustration.

Still miles above Fifa manager though. Hate unrealistic games about realistic things
Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
FIFA is too easy and quickly became repetitive for me. FM is head and shoulders better but I do agree with Matt that 2009 version took some magic out of the franchise. The 3d match is a bit buggy and that annoys the most. At least annoys me the most
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Are you serious with that question ! Football manager best play ever !
Lot of great players plus you cans discorver real player and compare what they do in the game awith the real life !
This game make me discover : Kalström, Mancini, Modric, Burdisso, Morten gamst pedersen, Zarate and more players !

One day I met Gago in the place I worked on the champs élysées and I said to him : "I take you on football manager 2007 you played with obi mikel on middelfield !" but he didn't get english that much a friend of him say that to him the he smiles !

Football manager For Ever !
SzakalNH (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
FM all time
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Football Manager everyday great game
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
New FM is released in just over a month! Demo should be available shortly.

In the meantime, you guys can check out SportsInteractive's Youtube channel, where they are constantly adding new videos about the new FM.

I'm excited to get my hands on it but not really for the new features, just for the new season and new undiscovered gems. They seem to be tweaking the 3d game engine which I never used anyway, not sure about you guys but I found it unnecessary
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 5 years ago
Football Manager is the best of all the manager games I'm not just a fan who has only playeed FM and said yeah that is the one to buy. I first had championship manager and have also played fifa manager aswell as FM and there is only one option FM by far is better

The closest you can get to the real thing
IHadYouAll (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lol
IHadYouAll (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well.... Graphics in FM sucks and actually in FIFA Manager the updated database, player pictures, great 3d engine, much much much more club options, control in game is always better then non official FIFA product.

I am going with FIFA Manager. Played this game with my friends from 2005 everyday non stop until we needed to do homework lol.

I can at least visually see wtf I am picking and what formation I am doing.

And also the player stats details are simply.... Amazing in FIFA Manager. No single game can do better statistics than FIFA Manager. This what makes a huge difference between those two games.

You actually learn how internally player is build and how his game and his actions can evolve those stats. Lots of people never even tried to play FIFA Manager and already are writing that it is bad game.

Guys FIFA Manager is for me in top 3 games list of all time
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Statistically wise I think no one can beat FM. This year you get to statistical values like how your formation is doing against other formation and all, how many shots you concede and timing against those formations. It rocks!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football