Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA 13 Tournament Xbox
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Do you guys want to have groups based on timezones or along those lines? Would be ALOT easier
EarnYourSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
It would make the games a lot easier, but it would be a hard thing to do. We'll start this first tournament, see who is serious about playing, and then figure out timezone's and groups and all that stuff.

Groups would be most easily done with 32 people. We have 17 at the moment.... And technically we could do 4 groups consisting of 4 people, then go to just an 8 person tournament bracket, but it would be complicated. We'll start with a 16 person bracket, see how things go, then maybe next tourney we can incorporate groups...
Leeson (Portsmouth) 1 year ago
Is there any spaces left? If so gamertag is gogettaz MC LM  
Yes. We have sixteen people at the moment but I guarantee a few people won't show. I'm sure we'll have to allow people one or two weeks during the first round to ensure everyone's made aware the tournament started, but after that it should be smooth sailin'
I count 18 including Leeson? Am I going insane?
Yes, you make Charles Manson look sane. Leeson makes it 17, I already added his GT to the list...
NAOTA (Chelsea) 1 year ago
So did this sort of die out? Lol
It was dead before it even began...
No, We just need someone who can get things going. We need a leader. Lol
XXBlayzieBoneXx
Jawizzle17
Ayyams5
Hazard17ToMToM
Ministerturtle
SoccerisFo0tball
OVo hydra oVo
Russjames420
Pietinho9
FridayNightPiff
Heyyy j
L NeKa l
Conor21
Loch Reefa
KaiserLudwigSR
Blinkmadden
Gogettaz MC LM
Well that's 16. So I guess we can just do round of 16. Do we so knockout rounds like 2 matches home and away? Go off aggregate or just 1 match elimination?
I say 2 match aggregate. We don't have many people yet and it would double the amount of games we would have to play. Otherwise, whoever wins would only play 4 matches.... This way he plays 8 (if we do 2 match final too).... It seems more fair.

SO, how do we draw for the first round? .... It would make things a lot easier if people would post what country they're from. As we know, there's a pretty good chance of having a laggy match if you have a person in America playing a person from say Australia. We should try to match people up by country, it would make things easier as we progress through the tournament
I'm from Canada and I played Ayyam from Australia it wasn't to laggy. Still some jolts and etc...
That's good to hear. I haven't played anyone from Australia but I've heard that people living there have had a few problems with latency.

The playstation people really seem to have their s**t together. Lol. We need someone who can get graphs and charts and all that good stuff
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
If its still open, put me in.    Gamertag: blinkmadden
So right now we have 12 (?) I think if we get at least 4 more that'd do? Cos' I don't think we'll find anymore
Blayzie (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I could get my mates to join in but they don't visit footytube
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Ok so when do the games start, what does the bracket look like, etc?
It looks like he's trying to start a group stage between 6 people of the same team. The top three from that group go into a tournament bracket.... I've got a ten spot on this falling apart.

Btw, it looks like we have 6 different teams, so if you take 3 from each group you'll end up with 18 people; 9 on each side won't work in a bracket....

At the moment we have about 14 people, if we got 2 more we could just set up a sweet sixteen tournament bracket. Much simpler.
I think we should just do knockout stages depending on how many we have. If we have 16 it'd work perfect. Even 24 would be fine could do Group stages too
Yup, that's what I'm thinkin. We only need two more people to start up a 16 person tournament. 32 would be fine too, if we could get that many people.

We could do group stages, just not by team. The numbers wouldn't add up. We would need at least 32 people for a group stage; 8 groups of 4 people, and the top 2 from each group go on to a 16 person knockout stage. It would be absolutely awesome if we could make this work....

Blayzie, chime in on this because I don't think the way you had things planned will work....
Sorry I been pretty busy. Yeah I'm happy to have 16 person tournament if we get the people. I'll edit the top post
Sorry I been pretty busy. Yeah I'm happy to have 16 person tournament if we get the people. I'll edit the top post
Lahirisatadru (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Can I still join? Gamer tag ViewyRabbit0626   Barca
Heyyj (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I can try to do it but I would only really be able to play on the weekend, my gamertag is : heyyy j
Gooner97 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I will, gamertag : Conor21
Hmmm I suppose I could join this schtuff. Gamertag: l NeKa l
LedleyKingsKnee (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Tag: Loch Reefa    You better believe I'm in.    Your tears will be my fuel. I expect to be thoroughly energized.
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Jawizzle17 is my tag. I'm in
That's it mate! Glad to have another Red! If you know anyone on footytube who has Xbox live and FIFA 13 please tell them to view this thread.... The momentum is starting to gain I'm sure we can get enough people.... Or atleast 3 per team.
Double post -. -  
Triple post
Titi (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gamertag: FridayNightPiff    I'm in
Thanks mate! Would appreciate you getting some more Gooners, If worse come to worse and we don't have the whole 6 per team I can work something else out with atleast 3 on each team.... So 2 more gooners!
Titi (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Ok I'll advertise on the page!
DaManIsEre (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I will play my gamertag is oVo hydra oVo
Thanks mate would appreciate you advertising so we can get some more united players. Trying to organize some sort of prize  
Double post*
TheChelsea (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I'm in, my gamertag: ministerturtle
Thanks mate advertise on your page Chelsea have 3 including you now
ManOfSteel1999 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Ill join!  Add me!  KaiserLudwigSR

Kick4Life - changing lives through football