Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA 13 Tournament Xbox
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
So right now we have 12 (?) I think if we get at least 4 more that'd do? Cos' I don't think we'll find anymore
Blayzie (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I could get my mates to join in but they don't visit footytube
VonBonitoC (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
If its still open, put me in.    Gamertag: blinkmadden
EarnYourSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
XXBlayzieBoneXx
Jawizzle17
Ayyams5
Hazard17ToMToM
Ministerturtle
SoccerisFo0tball
OVo hydra oVo
Russjames420
Pietinho9
FridayNightPiff
Heyyy j
L NeKa l
Conor21
Loch Reefa
KaiserLudwigSR
Blinkmadden
Gogettaz MC LM
NAOTA (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well that's 16. So I guess we can just do round of 16. Do we so knockout rounds like 2 matches home and away? Go off aggregate or just 1 match elimination?
I say 2 match aggregate. We don't have many people yet and it would double the amount of games we would have to play. Otherwise, whoever wins would only play 4 matches.... This way he plays 8 (if we do 2 match final too).... It seems more fair.

SO, how do we draw for the first round? .... It would make things a lot easier if people would post what country they're from. As we know, there's a pretty good chance of having a laggy match if you have a person in America playing a person from say Australia. We should try to match people up by country, it would make things easier as we progress through the tournament
I'm from Canada and I played Ayyam from Australia it wasn't to laggy. Still some jolts and etc...
That's good to hear. I haven't played anyone from Australia but I've heard that people living there have had a few problems with latency.

The playstation people really seem to have their s**t together. Lol. We need someone who can get graphs and charts and all that good stuff
So did this sort of die out? Lol
It was dead before it even began...
No, We just need someone who can get things going. We need a leader. Lol
Leeson (Portsmouth) 2 years ago
Is there any spaces left? If so gamertag is gogettaz MC LM  
Yes. We have sixteen people at the moment but I guarantee a few people won't show. I'm sure we'll have to allow people one or two weeks during the first round to ensure everyone's made aware the tournament started, but after that it should be smooth sailin'
I count 18 including Leeson? Am I going insane?
Yes, you make Charles Manson look sane. Leeson makes it 17, I already added his GT to the list...
Do you guys want to have groups based on timezones or along those lines? Would be ALOT easier
It would make the games a lot easier, but it would be a hard thing to do. We'll start this first tournament, see who is serious about playing, and then figure out timezone's and groups and all that stuff.

Groups would be most easily done with 32 people. We have 17 at the moment.... And technically we could do 4 groups consisting of 4 people, then go to just an 8 person tournament bracket, but it would be complicated. We'll start with a 16 person bracket, see how things go, then maybe next tourney we can incorporate groups...
Moved Message above...
If that looks good to you guys, we can start this mothersucker up! I'm guessing there'll be a few people who don't show up for the first round so if anyone is still looking to join the tournament, leave your GT and we'll try to fit you in somewhere...
Aight! I can dig it
Moved message above...
Moved message above...
Balls Deep
Blayzie (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I want to apologies firstly, I've recently gotten engaged and both our parents have decided to pay for our wedding meaning we are going to get married straight away since finances are no longer an issue. I've been flat out buying my suit and my groomsmen suits and organizing everything with my fiance. Secondly I would like to thank Earnyourspurs for putting in so much effort If it wasn't for you this wouldn't be happening.

I'd like to apologize once again I had every intention to sort this out but things have taken a nice turn for the good. I will still be able to play I just need a time and date so I can plan around it.

Thanks spurs!
No problem muchacho. Not so sure things have "taken a turn for the good" though. The bracket has been up for 4 days now and not a single game has been played. Lol.

I just added most people on this forum as 'friends' so I can more easily message them. It would help a lot if you could go around team pages again and post that the tournaments still up and, kind of running. We could use as many people as we can get. So far, it seems like 1 in every 4 people who sign up are actually serious about it. So technically we have about 4 people right now. Lol
DaManIsEre (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I will play my match whenever, just forgot to check back here
Yeah I need to go around and remind everyone that this things still going on. Ignore the deadlines I posted. It might take some time to get this thing organized
DaManIsEre (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah hopefully can get it going, we are meant to play each other as well but there's no point as it stands if we are the only people still willing to play
Oh s**t, I didn't notice we're matched up for the first game. Yeah man I'll add you on Xbox tonight and we can try to play sometime tomorrow or even just sometime this week. Maybe we can spark this thing off!
Okay cool. I'm a tad down under with assignments atm, I barely have enough time for Le Tube, so Piazon, I'll play you on the weekend
Moved Bracket Above...
Ok fellows! The tournament has officially kicked off! I messaged most all of you on meebo today so I'd expect everyone to get their games straightened out by at least Nov. 1 (a week from now). This weekend should be a good time to get a couple games in....

We're playing with the 'away goal rule'.... If you invite someone to a game, you play at home. So each player needs to create a game and invite their opponent. Also, the only thing you should change when you create the match, is switching the 'custom' squad to 'online' squad.
I suggest everyone add their opponent for the tourney on Meebo. It's a very easy way to get a hold of someone and plan a time to play your game.

Add your opponent on Meebo, message him, 'friend' him on xbox, send him more messages, call his home phone, stalk his girlfriend, kidnap his parents. Whatever you have to do, just try to get a hold of him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football