Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
FIFA 13: Be A...
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
.... Ref?

Link: www.fifa13.com/news/be-a-referee-coming-to-fifa-13...

I personally find that to be ridiculously funny! Imagine that!

I can't wait to make my Virtual Pro be a "Howard Webb".... I get to book everyone that United plays against!
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I'll probably go around start whistling at every single body nudge and make sure I'm in the spotlight. LMAO
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Now I want this LOL I'd send off everybody in sight
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Be the Ball. Lol
LOL!

"Hmmm I'm just gonna' move a bit this way.... " *you suddenly fly left and BAM- hit the post to stop opposition from taking the lead*

"Achievement unlocked 20G - Defy Physics"
FIFA 14: Be A(and Assistant) Coach, FIFA 15: Be A Cameraman, FIFA 16: Be A Fan and FIFA 17: Be A Goalpost are all going to join this wonderful series of the customer-ego-feeder, AKA "fifa" franchise!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I don't know if the article was trolling or not.... You can never till with EA and Fifa, can you? I've honestly had enough of them. I purchased it for 3 different consoles (Xbox, PS3 and PC) 3 years straight, and I find it's gone incrementally silly over the years. I doubt if I'll trust any game with the EA caption on it again
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Unless Pro Evo series turns up with a better one this year, I'll still be going with EA's product. Of 'cause, I'll try both demos first to make the comparison
I recently played FIFA 11 for PS3, coming back after a few months of not playing it. It was a mediocre experience - I still miss the player development, chemistry aspects, and managerial problems that you faced in Manager Mode on FIFA 06. Of course, some of this exists in FIFA 11 Ultimate Team, but it's overall a flop when it comes to making your own dream team.

I feel as if the human aspect to FIFA games has been long due - why can't EA focus more on player realism, like a new signing getting cheered on by home fans when he touches the ball in his first game or even players of the same nationality celebrating together (bring back cutscenes for crying out loud)!

Um.... End rant.... Haha!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I doubt if Pro evo will turn up with a better option, Juno. I don't think either series are headed in the right direction. If there were a mod for pro evo (pc) and I could play manager mode with real player names for the next series I might give it a shot. Else, I'll be sticking to Football Manager.

Achiox, yeah. The "progress" has been namesake. Where's the incredible collison engine? Ended up being the buggiest piece of crap I've seen. I keep colliding more with my own player than with anyone else, especially while defending. Either there's too much handball, or none at all. And where's the option of having two of my friends sit down to create our own characters and play through? It was there right upto 08. Now its this tacky be a pro where you need to complete challenges that don't suit you to progress, forcing you to play as a defender if you want to be a successful midfielder for the defensive traits. Whoever thought of that needs to be shot.

Added realism? Who wouldn't love that. Unfortunately, all we still have is bugged up commentary that goes "What a shot! Just missed!" from one guy "Not enough power, put a little spin on it but not enough power" from the other. And its a shot that just skims the post. Annoys the hell out of me.

Someone said rant?
Dimaandrusyar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This is silly, instead of implanting a feature that will get boring after a few hours, EA should just start improving play realism and improving their servers, which have crashed several times which then lead to me losing the match when I was in fact winning 4-0 etc, The game is still fun though, if only it was developed by a more dedicated company...
EA will never deliver a "full" game (one without bugs and glitches, etc). I have been a customer for as long as I can remember playing video games and even when I was really young I already noticed disappointing game engines and physics.

Server mechanics is something that must be dealt with on its own. In one of the best video games to date, Uncharted 2's multiplayer was set up so that a single player acted as a master sync point, where other players' data would route through that master sync before going to the server. To simplify things, what we would get is that if the "host" failed, everyone else lags out, but another host is immediately selected. Also, matchmaking (for Uncharted 2) is based on ping and IP location.

I would assume EA knows this and is working on it, because let's face it, it's not like they've done much work on these server problems. On that note, we ARE talking about Electronic Arts, bringing gamers some of the most overpriced and half-baked games to store shelves
Innoxious (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well, they got voted as the "Worst company" in US for a reason lol
The people inside EA are greedy bast*rds, they only think about profit. It is their main business model to ship a lot of games and wait for some hits. Look how they turned some brilliant games into craps, I as a gamer, have lost all faith against EA.
You better not expect EA to be "dedicated", they are mainly just looking for maximum profit, not about gamers' satisfaction =/
Well their have too be some dedicated people in the company, they of course know that people will buy FIFA 13 never the less, if it's terrible or not, but if they don't fix these problems, then PES will most probably come back into power.... Maybe.... Probably not.... But still, they will improve on it in some ways, if only it were ways the customers demanded
Well their have too be some dedicated people in the company, they of course know that people will buy FIFA 13 never the less, if it's terrible or not, but if they don't fix these problems, then PES will most probably come back into power.... Maybe.... Probably not.... But still, they will improve on it in some ways, if only it were ways the customers demanded
Sorry, double post
PES is good, but the game physics are choppy and slow for my preferences, and the unlicensed teams and players just really sets it below the (low) standards the FIFA franchise has created. PES still leads in the best graphics and game atmosphere, at least in my opinion.

It's hilarious too that EA won America's worst company award! I'm ashamed to be a Canadian simply because we house one of the biggest scam-companies on this planet.

I visited the EA building in Vancouver once, and you could tell it's just a bunch of opportunistic kiddie-coders working in there.

Mass Effect 3, need I insult this company anymore?

Is FIFA patented by EA? If anyone else holds shares in the tradename, they should really consider opening up that market so that other developers can work on the game from their own perspective

Kick4Life - changing lives through football