Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fifa 12
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Last year we had practically a count down until the release of Fifa 11, posting and anticipating every detail. Now its time to start the count down to FIFA 12.

This is the first Screen shot of fifa 12 released today by EA Sports.

ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Looks the same to me.... Lol    Hard to tell with just a single shot though
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
So I guess kaka is coverboy, dam I thought this was heskey's year
Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Kaka was walking out to the pitch in the intro, now looks like he is dribbling lol
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Wow, it looks twice more realistic!    Looks awesome, keep up the good work EA!
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
Lol ManUK this looks like Fifa 11
What features do you want to see! I'd personall love the idea of having to get past a defender in arena mode, maybe you choose if you want that. I want the argetinian league.

I'd also like to bring back the feature of FIFA world CUP Game, of seeing managers faces. It was a neat touch. Maybe only in La Liga and EPL and Serie A and bundesliga that's only 80 faces they have to cover.

Maybe this time man city can get a stadium.

And maybe a another neat idea is that a certain button you can activate a mini-play that you prepared beforehand. And let managers manage countries.

Creation Center on the console!
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That's years beyond EA's rate of development. FIFA is a great game, but ever since the lack of improvement upon FIFA 10's release (lack of patches and whatnot for both FIFA 10 and 11), I have lost faith in EA as a company. Great ideas however, I wouldn't be surprised if PES picked up on those
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I heard the realism is incredible, Torres and Dzeko have a technology that makes their shots miss every time
Smooth, but wrong, torres doesn't even get the shot
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Virtual pro needs to be tweaked. Once you get to a certain stage its incredibly hard to improve yours pros stats.

Ultimate team needs to be there from the start, FREE (!) and they need to change how coins are earned. Too many people are earning millions from trading and not playing any matchs. Its a football game, not a stock exchange game!

Save for these tweaks and the inevitable upgrade of graphics, don't change anything. Its a dam good game
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yea ultimate team should be available for free
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Ultimate team in FIFA 11 is free? I don't see why they would change it especially if NHL has their Ultimate team version free as well
It was only free because they were celebrating something. I think it was 1, 000, 000 UT downloads or 10, 000, 000 copies sold or something like that. I wouldnt be suprised if they charge for it again this time
I play Club Modes mostly. They gotta' let you add more traits to your VP rather than just 5.

Plus I hope they sort out all the main glitches before they release the game, not wait till january
OMG, thanks allot for making this forum    I'm so gonna' buy this game and Pawn your asrses
I don't know about pawning, but I can pwn you if you wanna lol
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
LOL Zian. You would probably beat me 5-0, but I might just decide to pull a Mourinho and play 7 defenders, which means I am definitely winning
Pwn* My bad    @Chelseaman93, Oh I could get pass that With my Formation 3-4-3 I am totally going to get pass that. Lol
I bet that Jawn could give you a run for your money
Improve Manager mode and Be a Pro. The new way they did it last year is really cool but it seemed to leave out lots of features as well and it gets kind of boring since there's no that much to do. Particularly in player mode
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Why Kaka?
Because he's their biggest sponsor lol
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
Is that the best they could get.... Muhahahaaa
LOL, charles, give up. Go to your PES thread, oh wait
He could make his own thread, but he would be the only one there...
Haha.... So true
New Updates for fifa 12

Fifa 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.
Fifa 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".
Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.
Opm describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.
The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.
Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.
The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.
There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before
Like everything I'm hearing    I'm going to try and get on the beta testing for EA too
Sounds very very good. Fifa 11 was great but I have a feeling Fifa 12 will be a bigger update
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I wish they'd bring back in some scouts (legit scouts like in fifa 10, not "suggestion scouts") in manager mode. I love manager mode, and scouts were a good way to make it feel realistic. Also in manager mode, it'd be nice if you could play in the champions league your first year in instead of having to qualify for a whole year. And once again, in manager mode it'd be cool if off the field issues could be brought up, and maybe as a manager being able to give interviews. So basically, more stuff to add to the realism of manager mode!
I actually suggested a few of those on their facebook page. A few people liked it but still not sure if anyone from EA actually reads it.
I also suggested player+cash transfers. Example bebe+5 million to madrid for canales. They had it for fifa 10 on the iphone so its kinda stupid that I hasn't reached the next gen consoles yet
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I really want to see if Andy Gray will still commentate the games in the English version of FIFA 12.... But other than that lol, I think they should improve Manager Mode, like other teams in your league buying players more often (Some teams made crazy tranfers and made it exciting), and do something about people quitting online. I hate it when I'm doing good or make a huge comeback and the person gets frustrated and quits. Oh yeah, and make the player ratings better, some ratings were really suprising in FIFA 11 and I thought it didn't fit some players at all
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Lol at Mikel getting owned
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Bladecatcher (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I've always preferred Fifa to PES, but I think Fifa could learn a few things from the last PES. I would love Fifa to bring in the stadium designer that PES had for Fifa 12

Kick4Life - changing lives through football