Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fave Video Games
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Dunno if this thread has been done before a quick search seemed to indicate not.

So here is you chance to answer these questions:

What is you favourite retro game(s)?

What are you playing now?

What games are you looking forward to?

I think we can leave FIFA and PES for the other threads so if we take it that they are implied that may mean a more interesting thread.

I'll start.

Fave retro game(s) in no particular order are:
Tekken 2 (playstation) - awesome after pub sessions with this, annoyed mates when I learned a 10 hit combo.

Ffvii (playstation) - Took over my life for a while

International Superstar Soccer (snes) - Also known as Winning Hero Eleven was the forerunner to the current PES games and taught me the delights of a rasping 50 yd drive.

Playing now.
Call of Duty World at War (Xbox 360) - Still die more times than I kill but still have fun

Bad Company (PS3) - Bit easier to get into then the above and a lobby system that doesn't throw me into matches I don't have the maps for.

Mgs4 (PS3) - First game I think to really bridge the gap between film and games there is a lot of watching rather than playing but story is compelling so it gets away with it.

Gears of War 2 (Xbox360) - My disc is scratched so I'm stuck halfway through the solo mission, multiplayer is good.

Looking forward to:

Batman Arkham Asylum (either) - Played demo of this and it is very good looks the nuts and plays well. Slight worry gameplay may be repetitive but have to wait and see.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (either) - These games just get better so this should just be blinding.

Aussie1991 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Nice post. I have a lot of time on my hands so I've been renting lots of games at the video store

Favorite Retro games would have to be:

California Games on Sega Master

Fifa 1998

At the moment i've been playing:
Fifa 09 of course

Football Manager 2009: it is quite literally my life!

Call of Duty: World At War

Godfather Part II

I'm reallllly looking forward to Fifa 2010 and Football Manager 2010

Enjoy
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
Wasn't California Games on Nintendo too?
I'm not sure.... I may have been....  I've always disliked nintento for some reason lol  Maybe I'm crazy
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
I used to love California games on the master system, all the events were awesome apart from Haggy sacking which was kinda lame.

They don't seem to make very many of these sports compilation games anymore apart from Wii Sports I can't think of any, can you?
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Gosh, that clip of Fifa 98 took me waaaay back. Great memories...
Lol Thanks Matt that confirms it that it was on Nintendo as well because I remember the Haggy Sacking game distinctively. Lol It wasn't even a sack it was a white dot! Do you happen to remember the rollerskating one as well, where you had to dodge the cracks and the oil slicks on the side walk lol?!
ZidaneTheLagend (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Man you reminded me of my good old child days arghhhhhhh loved that game I always used to get up so early in the morning just to play on it lmao I also got in so much truble with my mum because I used to be on it for so much time lol love it thanks for that man!
Elucari (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My favorite retro game is mario cart on n64, right now I'm playing nhl 09 and killzone 2, I am looking forward to the game Brutal Legend, Assassin's creed 2, and Cod mod warfare 2,
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Share Aussie1991's passions as well, Football Manager and FIFA are by far my favourite games.    What about your best FM game Aussie?
I played Newcastle most recently.... Took the to Uefa Cup glory, 3 time premier leage winners, FA CUp winners and quarterfinals of champs league in 5 years.... Then my game bugged out I'm waiting for fm2010.... Should be amazing
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Has anyone tried Little Big Planet it's funny and cool at the same time.  White snowboarding is cool too  
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I have a PS3, but only have 3 games....  Fifa08, fifa09 and Burnout Paradise....
I have like six including lego star wars hey it's fun, really easy to chop people to pieces
LMAO! Lol, sure, i'll get that when I feel like chapping people to pieces
LOL! Haha They fall into lego pieces but anyway Fifa's my main game
Hill (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I play GoW2 quite a bit. I think the multiplayer is class besides the host issues.... I'm also into Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, COD: MW2 of course, Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, FIFA 10, and Assassins Creed 2.

I also have a Wii.... Games are Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbits...
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I am probably going to get Fifa 10 for Christmas - I hope its good. I know it sounds weird but I'm quite into fight night! - and I'm posting this 6months before the day!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well I only play on PC and probley have every popular game you can think of, except stuff like world of warcraft :/. But I only have ever played Fifa 08 / 09 and fifa / football manager.

Not really into any other sort of games aslong as I'm winning games for united I'm happy and entertained
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Looking forward to Uncharted 2 and MW 2. Retro games has to be Super Mario Bros 3 and Super smash bros on N64. Right now I'm playing rarely but when I do I play lil big planet, 1964 battlefield, and pixel junk Eden
Gooner97 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Retro:street fighter 2    Now: GOW 2, HALO 3, PES 09, saints ROW 2    Futurees 10, HALO 3 ODST, COD MW2, LEFT 4 DEAD 2
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Retro : Final fantasy 7 and 8 (epic games), street fighter 2, tekken 3, bloody roar 2
Now : football manager 09, killzone 2, street fighter 4, wipeout fury
Future : Final fantasy 13, fifa 10, god of war 3
Halo 2 was amazing for me. Halo 3, however, not so much. I really don't like it at all lol. Somebody should start a thread comparing the two!
Cffc123 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Fifa 2009 is the job!
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Still playing cs:s, maiting for MW:2

Kick4Life - changing lives through football