Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Exclusive Boots
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Anyone here a reader of FourFourTwo? In the back, they have all sorts of exclusive boots that aren't released in the mainstream until a few weeks later. Here is Nike's new project:

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
High defonition attack? Lol sounds cool and doesent look too bad. But I'm not a fan of the shape of the shoe. I like a flat top, and that's why i'll always pick lasers
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Personally I think all boots should have laces covers, they're real important for a good strike on the ball, like lasers . Wow cool looking though, wonder how good they'll be? Keep us updated with this stuff ok Gb
Elucari (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I prefer lasers too, but those are some hot boots
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I do too.... But like you said these boots are hot and they are from Nike, my favourite brand  
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 5 years ago
These CTR 360's look pretty new and all but I'm not sure it is going to sell that good.
I still think the Vapors and Tiempo's are the best looking boots~
Borg (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I agree! I have some tiempos and they are the most comfortable boots ever (kangaroo leather!) I also have laser I's but I want my tiempo/legends back
ECEssien (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Vapors kick bum
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Noopeee these are the best I hate nike but I love where they are making them

What doy uo hate about NIKE
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
The fact they swoop markets and are the perfect example of a globalist enterprise?
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I just don't like the styles they make, I like Adidas classic stuff way better, and also the players Adidas sponsor are way better
Borg (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I entirey disagree with the statement: "the players adidas sponsors are way better" total BS. Rooney, tevez, ronaldino, torres, iniesta, drogba, ronaldo, ibrahimovic, fabregas, etc...
Lennon and Sneijder too Adidas um Kaka, Messi Gerrard um who else oh Ballack? Well I disagree Nike's my favorite sports company
Devang (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My friend has a pair of these.... The florescent one he owns.... It looks way better than this one...
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I agreed with Alen. Adidas make the better stuff. I bought both brands before, Adidas rocks. Nike's just felt too tight no matter what.... Style wise I love the 3 stripes
Elucari (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Didn't fabregas have a sick game wearing these boots last weekend? They must be magical!
My aunt bought me mercurials. I can't shoot D:    And I got a blister D:
I've heard that Vapors bring blisters with them like no other...
Yeah they have this wierd winside spongey thing that should protect your ankle, its the souce of the pain D:
Hey the Spongy thing is the best part Anyway I haven't had major problems with Vapors it's just that lasers are awesome, they rule!
If I could I would post a picture of the blister marks on my foot. Worst experience ever. But amen to the lasers. They are awesome.

Speaking of lasers- >

White or Yellow?
Out of those two I would go for yellow at the moment but if I could choose I would go with

Or

Or

Haha I like all these, as for Vapors is doesn't matter since I don't use 'em. I also like a lot of other colors that's another thing I like a Lot of colors the lasers have
Got the green and blue. I might go for the orange then
Got green and Orange I'm after blue BTW I always where Orange during this season it's pretty awesome
Nice one dude. One day I'm gonna' take a photo of all my shoes. orange it is then
Yea orange is sweet
I'm gonna' buy it first thing this monday
Nice BTW Come on meebo will ya
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I have golden ones. Couldn't find a picture of them though. I love em. Still wish I had my old predators still. I found I could get so much more bend with them. Much cleaner strike too
Yeah golden ones are great. Sadey I aint got one
I don't like the color very much for some reason to plain I think, but it wouldn't make much sense if different colors where better boots than others
Makes perfect sense to me. Or I would not be buying new ones. (I think I'm brainwashed by nike)
OK well I mean as how they work. It's just you like the look of it better. Ahh who am I kidding NIKE has control over us
Lool. Yes, stop lying to yourself
Devang (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I've tried this one.... I didn't like it at all.... Its too narrow....  I like flat shaped shoes for a better shot.
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think the Lasers are completley useless. I tryed a pair, and they do not fit my foot. They are designed for slim feet, and mine are very flat...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Youu! Its the best for accuracy and shots. I don't know. Maybe you have alien feet or something
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
LOL How dare he question lasers! Accuracy is incredible. They come in slim and regular maybe you go a pair of slims
The accuracy comes from you not from the boots. I'm not saying that in a stupid way, but look at Pirlo. He wars Tiempo's and has one of the most accurate kicks in the world
Yes I know that but it helps is what I'm saying, so long as you practice you can be as accurate as you want even if your wearing rags on your feet

I can't be a wittiness of the thin problem because I have slim feet
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Nothing better than a good old pair of world CUP.
Is the class, traditional, comfortable, simple, quality.

Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
I liked you before, Franboy. Now I might love you
Oooooh thanks but I prefer the style of Jessica Alba lol.
Just kidding, yes the world cup was and is the best quality shoes. You can play for 2 to 3 years without breaking
These and the Copa Mondial are the greatest boots ever made. Predators made between 1996 and 2002 are the only other boots I ever bought
Waooooo as I remember the very first predator was fat lol
It took me time to find this picture lol. There was full of rubber around. Do you remember this model?

The Touch, if I remember correctly. Second only to the Accelerator in my opinion.

The very early ones up until this model were a bit tacky but Adidas got it right with these. Absolutely beautiful
You're right, here's a link to the story of the "predator"
Reading good guy

Link: www.footy-boots.com/adidas-predator-powerswerve/...
Thanks, Mate. That is a good read. I really think that the article reinforces my view that the Predator's best incarnations were between 1996 and 2002! The latter ones just seem to "plastic" to me. And the Trustrikes that will be released soon are vile. The worst yet by a long way. They don't have a tongue, for crying out loud!
I found a few images of the new Trustrikes. Really horrid.

It is no longer true predator, too thin, too light, too fashionable, too girl lol
The yellow ones look slightly nicer than the reds, but they are still ugly. They have features from every era of predators and it is supposed to look cool. But it doesn'
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
Adidas seem to be trying too hard to get the younger kids into them due to the popularity of Nike Lasers and Vapours in the last few years. I want to see a big tongue and a lot of the rubber fins in any pair of Predators! And just Black boots with white stripes and red trim. None of this silver sneaking in there! And don;t get me started on that pair of white/yellow horrors
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
 It's true, kids like nike. Bright, modern, futuristic. Adidas is the brand of old lol
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
Less of the old, my friend! Us over-30s prefer the terms "classic" or "experienced"!
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Lol you're right, it is better said
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
My friend was telling me aout these shoes with No laces!?

Much discussion by my team about these Great boots, except they're microfiber, so either they don't fit and they suck, or you spend 10 minutes getting them on to play 90...
Since really this topic is pointless now I will take this opportunity to randomly write a pome I was inspired about

These wonderful boots
Made for the beautiful game
Made for only the best
Who have glory to claim
Made for control and touch
Somewhat like that of the dutch

On a roll!

This is the football Season football has gone to their head
And their football scarves and beanies they even wear to bed
About their team they feel so passionate as if to them it did belong
And 'tis with delight and pride in victory that they sing the club song.
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Awwwww.

That bought a tear to my eye, and my legs have gone all gooey.

Do we have a new Byron of the footy world in our midst?
Fame is fleeting. Haha No I'm pretty good but I mostly just have some fun with the rhyme finder site I use on the web

Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Oh man I have to use that one when I run out of rhymes!    "North Korea Won" - Haha!
Plus I look nothing Like him......... You would never see a book in front of me

He aint lying
Yea It's true, anyway when was the last time you really got into a book sergio?
Dunno. Tv listings?
LOL! You just tell your mom you've developed a passion for reading
Loool okay
I think Adidas makes the best boots overall. I have a pair two pairs of Predators:

They may not look the best, but they are very comfortable and make shooting/clearing the ball in defence really easy.
I tried a friends' adiPures, and they were very uncomfortable. In fact, every time I took a shot, it would kill me with pain.

I think Nike makes some pretty good shoes, but a lot of the guys on my team are complaining about getting blisters on their heel when they wear Nikes.
I would go with Adidas
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I like your description. One day ill buy a pair
Notice he said "one day"
Yeah well the Champions League ones (Black and White) I use in matches, and the others for training....
Both metal studs.... But really comfy and good for power....
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I just got a pair of these:

I like them, so now I wear those and adi-pure 2's.

Also bet no ones seen these . Link: www.footytube.com/profile/adamaus#/profile/adamaus... look in my photos and there is some yellow vapor V's they look awesome
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Not liking the Checkerboard at the bottom, but other than that they look really NICE!
These boots are WAY overrated.
They are for lke the want to be Cristiano Ronaldo type people in the world.... So what if they weigh like 0. 000001233298 grams less than say, a pair of Predators. They don't do anything differently. I think people who wear them are more concerned about how their hair and boots look before heading out onto the field than anything else.
But I may very well be wrong....
Why do you like them?
BTW They are light as in 6. 4 oz, predators are like 11
But you can then kick harder with predators, or heavier shoes which is one of the two important parts of shooting, along with precision. And Vapours don't improve precisioin, do they?
Well imo boots little to nothing to your performance, so you either get that are comfortable, fit your feet well or you get boots that look nice.

My adi-pure 2's are comfortable, my vapor's V I got because I love the look of love. And both of them fit my foot well.

Its like a car, your not going to buy a car if its ugly, your going to buy a car that suits your needs (which doesn't apply so much with boots) and a car that your happy to drive around in appearance wise
But it does help your game (some). Like I can get better spin on the ball with boots that have ridges on the side of the boot
Mmmmmm maybe a little bit. I used to all ways get predators, my adipures where the first non predator boot i've had, imo its not very much of a difference. I think its more to do with how you strike the ball

Kick4Life - changing lives through football