Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreaming ..
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Does anyone else have dreams about football at night? I had a dream like that about two days ago and it was incredible. I usually play an attacking role in real life, but in this game I was playing defence and kept heading the ball away to stop attacks. The game kept changing from an indoor game to a big outdoor game with a huge crowd.
I only got to half time before I woke up but it was fantastic!

Also, once in the past, I have had a dream that I could completely 100% control. I could fly around, visit places and people, and I was half aware it was a dream. I have since looked it up and it is called Lucid dreaming. Some people can do this every night.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Does anyone elese have similar dreams or any other interesting dream they can remember?
Vonrasmussen (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ant I don't usually dream about playing footy, but I have had a lucid dream before. Only once or twice that I can remember and I haven't ever really thought much about it, but when you described yours I realized that I had had that as well.

Most of the time it is the other way around though, and it's like the worst thing ever and I can't do anything about it
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Lucid dreams are pretty fascinating. Dreams are so intriguing just by themselves, let alone being able to consciously control the world around you. There are methods to train yourself to be able to lucid dream more often.

I have often dreamed of playing in the premiership. I don't remember "playing" with anyone famous but interesting dreams all the same
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
Never had one, have you ever seen "Waking life"? It's pretty awesome, it talks about that exactly, well, among other things
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
I have nightmares most of the time, mostly naked walking on the streets. Poor me
I have nightmares too, but I have mine in bed
Heartbreaker95 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I have them 2.... But with my clothes on
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
What a reply Ant I also used to have that naked nightmare, although it wasn't really a nightmare, more like a failed dream. My nightmares have been pretty gruesome the last years, varying from me killing my family to vice versa, my family and friends wanting to kill me. Very weird, especially because my family is the sweetest and I've never even got into a serious fight
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I'll try to interpret this one:

You're most likely ashamed of something in your life, hence the intense embarrassment in your nightmare (symbolized by you walking around naked) - what's on your mind these days that you're so ashamed of (doing) or have done?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Yeah me too.... Most of the time I don't even remember them but lately all my dreams have been about footytube(for real). I see myself look up to subjects that can result great topic on footytube or I see myself learning new things from the forums and right away came up with an idea but the weird thing in the morning I don't remember anything that I learned or saw. I think I am being obsessed...
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
When I was little I often dreamed that I was a football star. I scored a goal always there when needed. The sensation was so real. Sometimes I also dream of other things lol but I can not explain to you looool Men always football and women...
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I sometimes have dreams when I am depressed....
I always have this dream where I am watching a Liverpool game and in the final minute, for some weird reason, Carragher pops up with the winning goal!
That's why it was a dream.
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Lol harsh
If I'm lucky enough to have a nice dream, it never involves football. Usually just weird sh*t that would terrify most people (including myself) going on in my dreams
I swear to god, just yesterday I had a dream that manu where winning 8-2 from sunderland, when sir alex had a heart attack
I used to have very frustrating dreams, having to do a process that goes on forever. Like, I have a handful of stones and I'm putting them down onto a table one by one, but it never seems to end? I put stone after stone down but my hand is never empty?

Another one might be that I'm explaining something to a person over and over different ways but they just don't get it.

Haven't had a dream like that in ages
Sisyphus dreams! Your brain must be telling you something!
Perhaps it was a premonition of working for footytube forever managing the forums
The satisfaction surveys paint a different picture! You said you loved it here, that you're having so much fun being around me especially, that this dynamic football shrine takes all the load and stress off your monotonous daily life
Lucid dreams are great, until you lose control and think that you're trapped in your dream. Happened to me about 3 years ago, most terrifying day of my life (seriously)

Just shows you how powerful our brains are at simulating all sorts of emotions and perceive them as being real
Do you mean that you realise you're dreaming but can't wake up? Haven't had that (yet) but I did have nightmares where I realised I was having them. I always manage to wake up all sweaty though, relieved that it was just a nightmare. I often wonder how thin the line between our imagination and reality is then, because those nightmares, however unrealistic, seem very, very real
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Dreamland is a pretty good place for me, I haven't had a nightmare since I was very young.

I often have lucid dreams (once a week?) but now that Ben has got the 'trapped' idea into my head, they'll probably be unpleasant
You and me both. Havent had a bad dream for a while and most of my dreams are lucid. Its great
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yes!I often hav these kind of Lucid dreams.... Nearly all the nights!
I use to be a very good football player who is good at long shots and freekicks!But it never happened in real life
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I know it is bad but I keep seeing myself having sex with my best friend girlfriend and in the morning I do when I wake is go play soccer with him. How can I stop?
Reverse the roles, play football with your best friends girlfriend and work out the rest yourself
Well apparently I talk in my sleep and one of the times my sister heard me yell "lampard pass me the ball!" and then after I scored in my dream I was going crazy. It really was a fantastic dream. I mean I won the champions league for chelsea what could be better than that. Then I wokoe up and faced a whole week of my entire family making fun of me.... It was totally worth it
Scottie (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Anyone tried sleep paralysis? It's proper weird.... Sometimes when I get up in the night my brain stops being able to control my limbs and I end up stood frozen in the middle of the room - it's takes the strength of concentration usually associated with a fibreless diet to get the old limbs moving again.

Give it a whirl it's a hoot

Kick4Life - changing lives through football