Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Football Movie Of All Time
DanStar (AC Milan) 4 years ago
So you guys nominate! Also what would you say that makes a good footy movie? Is it a great storyline? Is is making sure the footy is epic?

Well my nomination would have to be a tie between!

Bend It Like Beckham!

Goal 1 and 2 (3 Gayest piece of s**t I have ever seen! *ahem* I mean was pretty lame)

BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Goal 1 was pretty good, Goal2 not so much(lol), Goal 3 not released in the US yet but I'm not holding my breath. Bend it like Beckham was funny as hell. Gotta' have a good plot and some character development. Imo Santiago should have never left the EPL for Madrid they almost ruined his career (lol). Of course I am a little biased!
DanStar (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Trust me goal 3 is bad! It barely has santiago munez, it focuses on gavin harris and his other friend and the environments are fake as!
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Goal 3 is not even about gavin harris he is not even in the movie is about 2 completely new players nunez gets injured the first 5 mins of the movie, the games are done on a green screen is a load of s**t you can see it online if you like but I think you rather unch yourself in the nads than see this movie lololol it is that bad
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I saw the damned united a couple weeks ago. It was the best football movie i've ever seen. At the same time the movie wasn't great which says a lot about the quality and quantity of football movies
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I thought the Damned United was really really good. Probably the best I've seen in a short list of football movies around. Damn,that Michael Sheen can act.

That along with Victory ,Sly Stallone never really convinced me that he was a footballer hah-but it had Pele in it and although far-fetched,entirely enjoyable. Top 2 for me.

Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Haha I havent seen victory it looks ridiculously good
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Its called " escape to victory" and I reckon its the best football film of all time, loads of stars and ex players casting in this one.
A war film to warm the heart for a change, instead of blood and guts.
Heres a link to actors and footballers who took part in the film.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_to_Victory#Selected_c...
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Loloool stallone the gk oh man hilarious
Thesgman (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Shaolin soccer was probably one of the greatest movies ever
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
True That.... ...
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The Damned United is my favorite along with Fever Pitch, because I'm an Arsenal fan and it really catered to my interests
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Finally got around to watching The Damned United, class movie, best football movie in my opinion. I wish they showed more of Clough's career though
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 2 years ago
Bend it Like Charliehenry.... Oscar nominated and bafta award winning.... Possibly the best film ever made
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
One of my favorite Football related movies Is "Rudo why Cursi".... Pretty realistic approach of what happens to most of those with hopeful dreams of playing pro football in latin countries. Also helps that Gael garcia bernal&deigo luna are fantastic actors and you really buy that they're brothers

Kick4Life - changing lives through football