Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Best Band You've Seen Live
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Until a few years ago this was quite a tricky one to answer, as there's quite a few on my list.... But, having witnessed the awesomeness that is the Arcade Fire about 3 times now, they win hands down.

Here they are playing with the god that is David Bowie.

So, what's best band you've seen live? Post a video (must be live! And of good quality)
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Pretty awesome post Lee, I dig it. Arcade Fire, eh? Never really listened to it, will have to look into it more
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I like arcade fire!
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just to annoy you. Nickleback
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Haha Lol, Nickle Back
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Without a doubt oasis in belfast 2005, the week before george bests funeral, liam gallahger said this next songs for georgie best, they sung "live forever" and the crowd went nuts.
Best live band of all time in my book.
Looks like the last we will see of them, since liam took another header.

Sounds like a great show. I never really got into Oasis, I like it but I have never listened to them extensively. Maybe I will, everyone in the UK worships them huh? Haha. That would be great though, in Belfast paying tribute to the "Belfast Boy" Awesome.

Do you like Stiff Little Fingers Tony? Real old school punk band from Ireland. They do this cover of the Beastie Boys, No Sleep til Brooklyn, Only it's No Sleep til Belfast, bloody brilliant
Funny you should mention stiff little fingers, one of the original band members brian faloon is from this area, I still see his brother colin from time to time, he's a postman.
Brian was the original drummer with the band when they were known as highway star, before they became slf.
Think he was involved with the first album, and I don't know why he ever left the band,
Punk was never my thing pirate, but we had some great punk bands in belfast, also the undertones from londonderry
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Punk Rocks at Red Rocks. Along with Bouncing Souls, Street Dogs and NOFX. Bosstones are legends, that was the first show they had played in a couple of years, it was amazing.

The crowd was one of the best I have ever seen, every one knew the songs and the lyrics, all very punk rock. All the people were singing and chanting and dancing. There were no mosh pits really because everyone was on stone steps and it was kind of dangerous but people were getting into it anyway haha. Everybody was pretty worn out at this point of the show and Bosstones played an amazing set, then NOFX was nuts. Played just about the whole Punk in Drublic album, good end to a great show. And made fun of everybody haha Me and my buddy sang the ole song for about 3 hours for Bouncing Souls My favorite part of Bouncing Souls(they didn't do the ole song) was a cover of the Misfits Hybrid Moments they did, incredible really. Everybody was extremely tired at the end from screaming and dancing. If you've never been to Red Rocks it's one of the best venues I've ever been too.

Street Dogs, the opener were amazing too. They are the punk band of the original lead singer of Dropkick Murphy's and they had incredible energy. Great starting band. Mike McColgan, the singer, was wearing a Ramones shirt and got up on top of this huge, tall speaker and was screaming from the top of it getting everyone hyped up. My voice was almost gone after singing the ole song and Street Dogs with three bands left to go haha. The next day I went to Rock the Bells in Denver, also a great show.

The Rolling Stones were good, pretty old though. I am sure they would have been the best when they were younger, there just wasn't the atmosphere, in a big stadium in Phoenix, like there was at Red Rocks.

Stanley Jordan is another one. He played at my friend's memorial concert, very inspiring. One of the most talented musicians I have ever heard. That was at the Orpheum in Flagstaff, seen some great shows there.
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Cold Play probs.    Also I really enjoyed watching 'naturally 7' perform live.
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Naturally Seven are wicked.    
   I love them
Is that one of them girlie bands yogan?  Westlife.... Lol  Bring back hanging I say
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Blur at the 2009 Glastonbury festival was awesome one of those perfect evenings and it clearly meant a lot to the band as Damon broke down in tears when the crowd was singing.

You sure liam gallagher never stuck the head on him matt,
Glasto's good, seen some great oasis footage from glastonbury.... Awesome.
Blur would have been good to, don't know if I could stand the rain and mud though
You need to be a fanatic, or on drugs.... Whats your excuse matt?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Lets just say despite being there I thought that this blur concert was in daylight. Imagine my shock when a look on youtube revealed it to be at night
Musta been smokin some good s**t man.... Lol
Liverpoolsam7 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
I've seen a member of Status Quo at school but not a real band playing live
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
When I was a rebellious scamp I saw Megadeth live (2005) at the Ulster Hall and I really, really enjoyed myself.

I managed to see Dragonforce and Motorhead the next year although my taste has toned down a bit.

I saw Eric Clapton two summers ago at Malahide Castle (Dublin) and then Neil Young the following week at the same venue, they were two brilliant gigs except for the fact the power went out for about 30 minutes at Clapton and Neil Young insisted on a 40-minute solo and didn't play Pocahontas

(Video of Layla @ Clapton and the subsequent power failure )

Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Eric Clapton is amazing, not sure about live
Jaseface (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hmmm have to say at the moment that the best band I've seen live was Pendulum in the Ulster Hall

Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
This is tough. Missoula, for some reason, is just a concert hot spot. We've gotten: Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Elton John (x2), Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley (those two were for the hicks), Matisyahu (x2), Modest Mouse, Wilco (x3), Tool, The Wallflowers, BB King, Galactic (x3), Soulive, and soooooo muc more. For me, though, the stones was by far the best, despite seeing Elton John both times. It was a great show: outdoors, 25,000 people, and they brought their biggest set for this performance. This is about where I was sitting, too.

Sweet man, that's cool. The Stones are pretty damn good, I saw them in Phoenix, the Glendale Arena I believe it's called, it's where the coyotes play. Great show I was 16 very cool. I have seen be. Be. Too, that was a great show, at the Pine Mountain Amphitheater here in Flag. His drummer was amazing when I saw him. That's not the best show I have ever seen at the PMA though, that honor would go to Xavier Rudd and Yonder Mountain String Band. Fantastic, I don't think I have ever danced so hard in my life than for Yonder. People that have seen them told me it wasn't their best performance, but I thought it was f*****g brilliant.

Does no hip hop come through there or what? I mean that's a great list, but there are no hip hop groups from what I can tell. Or are you just not into hip hop so didn't mention any?

Flag has actually got a great scene for hip hop, Atmosphere has come a few times, Immortal Technique, Swollen Members(never had the pleasure of seeing them, but they have been here) there are others too. I think they dig coming here, the crowd is great when it comes to hip hop shows, all shows really. I would really love to see People Under the Stairs play at the Orpheum, that would be fantastic. They are one of my favorite hip hop groups and there would be a huge turnout for them in Flagstaff.

Anyways nice post, maybe one day I can see a show there
Matisyahu though.... One of my favorites. Did you see him? I guess his music is probably influenced by hip hop, but it's more Reggae, really fits into no genre actually. I would love to see Matisyahu one day

Kick4Life - changing lives through football