Forums / Off Topic Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
AUDIOPHILES: Lend Me Your Ears!
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hello all,

Within the last year I bought a nice mid-range pair of Sennheiser headphones as well as a small amp. Since buying these i've really been able to notice a difference in the quality of the music I am downloading. One of my questions is, which format do you prefer? The main ones i've found are wav, mp3, and FLAC. It seems like FLAC is usually the best quality but the problem is it can't be played in iTunes. WIll changing the format affect the quality of the track? Raj mentioned Jangle, AIMP, Foobar as good software in another post but would it be simple to import my current iTunes library into one of these programs? Also, I have recently being trying to get my music in 320 kbps but sometimes it seems lower bit rate tracks are just as good. Any recommendations and comments for a new audiophile are welcome!
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm no expert but the quality of the speakers/headphones you play the music on can do wonders for even MP3s at 128kbps. I use a BOse Sounddock and I am always absolutely amazed. Rich, full sounds from what were fairly compressed audio files.

Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose_digital_music_systems#S...

I have friends who swear by lossless audio files at the highest rates, but I personally can't hear a difference
TheChelseaFan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Www.Head-fi.Org = A lot of good reading.
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thanks bro!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football